Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:40 PM

55 posts, read 78,781 times

Advertisements

I feel like I always have the same two concerns when I'm trying to meet guys:
1. I don't know when/if I'm being too forward
2. I don't know when I should just let him fade away (implying there is disinterest)

I had a post here the other day about giving someone in my class my number. Basically, on Monday I approached this guy in the library (who is in my class), we talked again on Tuesday and I asked for his number in case I had questions on homework/projects whatever. Really, I just have a crush on him and want to get to know him more. I missed class today and texted him asking if I missed anything important. We exchanged a few messages back and forth and then he stopped replying. My question is, how do I handle this situation? Do I just let everything happen naturally and try not to think too much. I just don't want to initiate any more interactions with him because I approached him first and asked for his number (and texted him).

So is it safe to assume he thinks I'm interested or do you think he's confused by my advances? I just don't want it to be weird or awkward, I want us to at least be friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 07:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
It's too early for him to know anything. You haven't done anything to indicate "romance," and you're still just acquaintances.

Try for another in-person interaction. Sit by him in class or something. The next step should be going out for coffee sometime or lunch after class .. something like that. Hopefully he will initiate SOMEthing.

It probably will get weird at some point because you already know you like him. If he isn't interested, it will be awkward.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's too early for him to know anything. You haven't done anything to indicate "romance," and you're still just acquaintances.

Try for another in-person interaction. Sit by him in class or something. The next step should be going out for coffee sometime or lunch after class .. something like that. Hopefully he will initiate SOMEthing.

It probably will get weird at some point because you already know you like him. If he isn't interested, it will be awkward.
It will be weird for me because I know I like him? I don't really understand that

Old 10-23-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randabanana View Post
It will be weird for me because I know I like him? I don't really understand that
You already like him, so if you make a move on him and he does not reciprocate, awkwardness ensues. It will be hard to be "just friends" after that.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You already like him, so if you make a move on him and he does not reciprocate, awkwardness ensues. It will be hard to be "just friends" after that.
I don't think I'm going to make anymore moves. I should wait for him to do something, right?

Old 10-23-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I don't think I'm going to make anymore moves. I should wait for him to do something, right?
Yes.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:26 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,567 times
Quote:
Just live your life, do what you have to do and don't bother about a date before it comes to date.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:29 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
One word.

Chill.

My goodness....why do so many people try to take things so far so soon.

Relax!

Old 10-26-2014, 06:59 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:
Interacting with a person you are romantically interested in who does not have a romantic interest in you is awkward, especially when they know you like them and they don't reciprocate much.

It's already a little awkward between the two of you as a result of your feelings for him. If you make a more direct move (which there's nothing wrong with doing) and he does not show interest, then it will be more awkward.

I agree with the statement that it will be hard to be just friends but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you're 'just friends' with this guy hoping that you'll eventually start dating, then I'd claim that you're not just friends in the first place.

You don't know for a fact that he isn't interested, as some guys are not that aggressive in initiating and picking up on cues from women. You may want to be more direct (ask him to meet up, etc.) You don't have much to lose.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:05 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
If you're making more of the moves with him, i.e. interacting, flirting, etc. than he is, then it's time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships