Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 11:49 PM

596 posts, read 627,678 times

Advertisements

So I was reading an article that said average looking to unattractive looking women have an easier time, and often a larger dating pool to pull from than really beautiful looking women.

Excluding personality, would you say you agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 06:28 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
No, it's not true. You can have a beautiful woman who never gets hit on and a beautiful woman who always gets hit on. The same can be said for average looking women.

It depends on whether they go out to meet people, use on line dating, and if they are open to meeting people.

Maybe average women get approached more, but that might just be guys looking for an easy pick up/ONS.

It would be interesting to see who gets more long term dating or marriage prospects. That's what most women are looking for.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:39 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I think it's more outgoing people who have it easier in dating, no matter how they look.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:03 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
I agree Osito with this. Average, ugly, or hot. The extrovert and charismatic people are the ones who will have the most dates, and luck. Now, they will get rejections, some more than others, but they'll have the most suitors and partners.

The more shy, or quiet, people will have a harder time.

I am more on the shy side So, I am very quiet. I live in a small town, and I attract the predatory men. None of them are attractive, or even average, in looks, personality, class, and anything else good. Now, I could be average and shy-thus guys thinking i'll take anything that approaches/desperate for attention, or I could be attractive, but shy, which ups the jerks coming-because there's a pretty girl they can easily seduce and score with.

Who knows. I have been called pretty, beautiful, sexy, and gorgeous, etc. Looks are subjective really. 1 person's average may be another person's hot, and vise-verse.

So, more than looks, it's just that shy or awkward people will have it harder, because alot of people who take notice to that, and approach, will be doing so with the ulterior motive of taking advantage of their weakness.

They are predatory, and looking for those shy or awkward people, or are sure to be on point to notice them, thinking because they are such, they won't be wise to being played, or they won't say no to going out or hooking up because they'll like the attention, of which they probably don't get alot to have experience. Kind of a "beggers can't be choosers" issue. Just like Meyerland

So, more than attractive vs Average or Ugly. I think it's more Shy and Quiet vs. Charismatic and Extrovert.

Last edited by HappyRain; 10-27-2014 at 09:25 AM..

Old 10-27-2014, 09:12 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Nope not true in the slightest.

Really has nothing to do how attractive or unattractive someone is. As many others have said....there are beautiful women that do not get any attention and their are average or unattractive women that get loads of attention. Personality and character traits play a huge role.

A lot of really shy and genuinely really good/nice people fly under the radar, because they are "putting themselves out there" and keep to themselves a lot. If you socialize and show people that you are the kind of person they would like to be around, then dating is no problem. I've been given every compliment in the book but I am not the type of person to go to someone and just talk.

People talk to me, I respond. Like Vanilla said, shy people are often targeted by the jerks, because they are vulnerable to manipulation. I'm often approached by the players, and when I was younger/more naive I fell for them a few times but not anymore. You just have to be good at weeding out the bad ones. My best friend and I get looks all time. She is more out going than I am, while I am more introverted and don't really like attention. Thus, is the reasons she has more experience than me. Depends on the person.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:17 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I think it's more outgoing people who have it easier in dating, no matter how they look.
I think I agree... being outgoing is a huge asset in life in general. I tend to be a bit more reserved and not as outgoing in real life. Talkative people tend to do better I think in terms of dating.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:21 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think I agree... being outgoing is a huge asset in life in general. I tend to be a bit more reserved and not as outgoing in real life. Talkative people tend to do better I think in terms of dating.

Agree. I'm more of an introvert and like solo activities, I've never been the life of parties, threw them, or even sought them out. The lady I'm seeing is super social, out 6-7x a week, has a huge social network and can make friends anywhere and everywhere. She has not had 1/10th of dating issues I've had, and never done OLD as there are so many RL options. She's had LTRs, STRs and everything else and is asked out / attempted to be picked up everywhere she/we go. She has that charisma.

I'm kind of envious, but it seems so exhausting!

Old 10-27-2014, 01:30 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Agree. I'm more of an introvert and like solo activities, I've never been the life of parties, threw them, or even sought them out. The lady I'm seeing is super social, out 6-7x a week, has a huge social network and can make friends anywhere and everywhere. She has not had 1/10th of dating issues I've had, and never done OLD as there are so many RL options. She's had LTRs, STRs and everything else and is asked out / attempted to be picked up everywhere she/we go. She has that charisma.

I'm kind of envious, but it seems so exhausting!
I'm a pretty hardcore introvert and all of those social activities would wear me out.... Mrs. Chow is pretty much the same as me, if not more so. We have a small circle of people we socialize with, we purposely keep it small because I find that if having too many friends there's always pressure to get together and someone invariable gets their feelers hurt when we decline as often as we do.

Basically to summarize I don't have the energy to keep up with the social demands that non-introverts usually seem to want/have.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:33 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Basically to summarize I don't have the energy to keep up with the social demands that non-introverts usually seem to want/have.

It is exhausting, and honestly I bow out of most of them now, so we see each other less. Probably not a great long term match, as I have little desire to go out until 1am on a worknight. I just can't do it, while she is out every night. Heck, she texted me at 12:30 last night to hang out.

Maybe I'm just a fuddy duddy, I dont know. She can work 10 hr days and go out all the time. I can't.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:36 PM

295 posts, read 307,254 times
So I was on a house party last night. There were about four couples. Of those couples there was one tall, handsome man, ... his gf really plain and introverted. Two obese women (no sports, chocolate all-day), with resting ***** face, quite confident, with well groomed, muscular bf's and one average looking guy with an odd looking gf (huge classes, strange teeth). Later that day, a good-looking woman entered the room,... she was single.

Yes, our dating world is screwed. I felt like in a freak show. What is wrong with men these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships