Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 10:03 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Shy isn't a weak trait. However, I do believe people who are shy, miss out on opportunities.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 10:10 AM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
I take it not a lot of you have been in this particular situation?

Old 11-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I take it not a lot of you have been in this particular situation?
I have - but it seems like it really bothers you whereas it never bothered me. Either I was interested in him enough to assert myself or I wasn't and I just let it go.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:30 AM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I have - but it seems like it really bothers you whereas it never bothered me. Either I was interested in him enough to assert myself or I wasn't and I just let it go.
You're shy?

Old 11-02-2014, 10:30 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Nothing.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:31 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I'm not shy, but I never asked a man out. I'm one of those who prefer the man to do the asking. If he didn't after a bunch of flirting I would have considered him uninterested.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-02-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
You're shy?
Not since I was young. I meant the reverse situation. But there were times when I was younger that I was shy and would stare longingly at some guy that I was interested in. Either he would eventually make the first move or else it would just turn into nothing. I don't really see what the big deal is. Even when I was shy - I was still a bubbly person who liked to laugh and was a lot of fun. I was just nervous around guys. I was a teenager - I don't think it's that unusual. I grew out of this because I'm not really a shy person - but I don't see being shy as a weak trait. I will say that I agree with the other poster that shy people probably miss a lot of opportunities - and that is their own fault - but it doesn't anger me when someone is shy.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:39 AM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Both, like I said, I could easily get things started, but I go away from women that come off as shy or timid. I've never had issues with dating women, so it's not about me having some high standards, I just know what I like and know what I don't like.

I'm looking for opinions, not just an answer for myself.
I feel the same way.. If a guy is too timid to approach me, we probably wouldn't be a good match anyway.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:45 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Let's say a woman is gazing at you all day (in public), you make eye contact with her a few times, you get to know her a little bit in general conversation, but then you notice that she is ultra shy, she wants to talk to you, but she doesn't make direct contact. How do you respond?

For me, this is a turn off. Sure, I could easily go over to her and initiate everything, but I prefer it when a woman has the courage to go after what she likes. Timid, shy personalities to me are a weak trait.
I think you are expecting too much. For me, I can read body language well in sales, not as well with women. Being that I will be single soon I need to sharpen my skills.

Most men, including me for the most part, don't like aggressive women. If prefer your example, because it gives me the chance to ask them questions to get to know them and that's what women say they want anyway a "good listener", and people like to talk about themselves. Now if I ask her about her and it goes nowhere that would be a turnoff.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:50 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm not shy, but I never asked a man out. I'm one of those who prefer the man to do the asking. If he didn't after a bunch of flirting I would have considered him uninterested.
Can I ask what you consider flirting please? Is it the classic hair flick, subtle touch? I think a lot of guys could use clarification because we want to approach but are concerned we are misreading and will be rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships