Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 07:02 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Guys have done crazier things to me and eventually, when you ignore them enough, they stop. I didn't act "outraged" or "annoyed" or "disgusted" I just don't act at all because all attention will be interpreted as "You care about me, don't you?"

Don't send angry text or make angry phone calls. Just ignore that. If police cannot do anything, obviously he is not doing anything illegal or anything like that.

If you have a male friend or relative you can trust, perhaps ask him to keep an eye on you and your house in case this person is crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 07:18 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,964 times
This is such a shame. Basically, this guy really likes you and is doing a bunch of romantic gestures to win you over, so to speak. However, you interpret this as creepy and call the cops on him. I would say that reflects poorly on you OP, not him.

Hopefully, he will wisen up and stop spending money on you.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:18 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
about the best i can offer is to send him an email suggesting that he stop or you will send a mechanic after him. in this case a mechanic would be a hit man.
I have to find out. what is his email address,

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissycs View Post
How do you know for sure that it is him?? Maybe you have a different secret admirer?

Of course, I'm not in your shoes, but I think I'd be flattered and a little tipped over by so much attention. If it's making you uncomfortable though - and it sounds like it is - make sure it is actually him. Is there anyway you can contact him??
once a while something nice I would appreciate but this is too much. And I think it is going too far. The first incident happened at work so that is why I know this is him. That incident I am not comfortable to pull it out on a public forum so I skipped that one.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Guys have done crazier things to me and eventually, when you ignore them enough, they stop. I didn't act "outraged" or "annoyed" or "disgusted" I just don't act at all because all attention will be interpreted as "You care about me, don't you?"

Don't send angry text or make angry phone calls. Just ignore that. If police cannot do anything, obviously he is not doing anything illegal or anything like that.

If you have a male friend or relative you can trust, perhaps ask him to keep an eye on you and your house in case this person is crazy.
I did not do any thing I am total silent.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:22 AM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
This is such a shame. Basically, this guy really likes you and is doing a bunch of romantic gestures to win you over, so to speak. However, you interpret this as creepy and call the cops on him. I would say that reflects poorly on you OP, not him.

We don't know if this is the case. He said, "He is going to be her daughter's new step dad." That is crossing the line.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:

I did not call the cops on previous incidents that is focus to me but when that clown jumped on the stage and did the crazy thing I thought it is wiser to inform the police because there is a 8 yr old child involve. If he did not do that I don't think I will even bother about this.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:36 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I did not call the cops on previous incidents that is focus to me but when that clown jumped on the stage and did the crazy thing I thought it is wiser to inform the police because there is a 8 yr old child involve. If he did not do that I don't think I will even bother about this.
You did the right thing. The best thing you can do is document everything so the police at least have a file of all of the incidents, not just the one involving your daughter. If this escalates, they need to know it's a pattern of behaviour.

How disturbing.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:38 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:

It's amazing to me that you think she should be flattered by his unwelcome advances, especially dragging her child into it, when she already made it clear she was not interested.

I think your post in support of this guy reflects something quite telling about you.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You did the right thing. The best thing you can do is document everything so the police at least have a file of all of the incidents, not just the one involving your daughter. If this escalates, they need to know it's a pattern of behaviour.

How disturbing.
Thank you for your understanding. I also kept a log about all these incidents. First incident I found it funny yes some young guy try to show that he care but again and again and then in a function of my daughter that is too much. Because I have no clue what is the point of this. Indeed this is disturbing.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:40 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
For me this is completely a madness sorry to say like that I did not even know where he lives or how to contact.
How does he know where YOU live? How does he know where to send the balloons? How did he know your daughter was in a dance competition, and where, and exactly when? And how did he know you were in NY and at what hotel? Was it in the news?

It sounds to me like he has a friend at your work who's giving him all this information. Someone at your job is helping him. There's no other explanation, especially for the incident with your daughter.

Last edited by NewbiePoster; 11-05-2014 at 08:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships