Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be open to marrying the type of man described in post #1 of this thread?
Yes 13 18.57%
No 57 81.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 04:18 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Simple question for single heterosexual women. You don't even have to post explanations or anything - just click "yes" or "no". (I got the idea for this question from another thread in which I've been engaged.)

Consider a man who was rich enough that you didn't have to work, who told you that he did not want you working - instead, he wanted you to do whatever you had to do to maintain your beauty, your physical fitness, your figure, etc... and satisfy him sexually (assuming he had normal sexual desires). You are compatible with him personality-wise and physically attracted to him. He is attracted to you as you are and does not demand that you change your looks. He says he will give you a large amount of money to spend as you please, and he won't care what you spend it on as long as it's legal. Essentially you can have any "thing" your heart desires. Everything about the relationship looks good and there are no warning signs. He says that he is not the type to leave his wife for a younger woman when she gets "old"... but he will still want her to keep up her appearance so she continues to look really good for her age. He has specifically said that he will not demand plastic surgery, but his expectation is that you will always do whatever you can to keep your figure, your hair style, your style of dress, etc. as close to "the same as it is today" as possible.

He's basically perfect for you in every way. But to be with him, you have to be a "trophy wife" and not a "career woman" or even a "working woman".

Would you want to marry such a man?
He's not perfect in every way if he's shallow. Booh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 06:22 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I do all that stuff now (maintain my health and looks, etc) don't have a boyfriend so I am not satisfying anyone but I could add that in easy (most of my evenings are spent reading or watching TV... I can make time). AND I work full time and do volunteer work. The lifestyle described in the OP sounds really, really boring. I've been there when my ex husband got new orders, we moved and I had to find new work again (the period of unemployment used to drive me crazy with boredom).

There is a reason so many housewives in the 1950s 1960s were into drugs/ "mother's little helper."
Same here.... I'm not a career woman, but I'd need more mental stimulation than just keeping up my appearance. And I say that as a girly girl who likes fashion, mani-pedis, makeup, etc.

I don't really want to be someone's pet, which is what the OP sounds like. It's the dynamic and stated terms which are disturbing. I know women who are housewives and keep up their appearance, but it's not under those kinds of terms, and they actually take care of the home. They are still partners with their spouse, not kept-women who exist for the man's pleasure.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:37 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
I find it hard to believe there are so many "no" responses. You see it all the time.

I'm sure if some of you were spoiled like the hypothetical suggests some of you would overlook some things.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:43 PM

14 posts, read 13,459 times
This is an amusing scenario...it's also refreshing that almost all comments lean towards not putting up with being a trophy wife.
Now with that said, in all my years of growing up those type of women have always been around. We called them "gold diggers". It's a business arrangement that has expiration date.

As much as I would like to have all the bells and whistles of what is being offered, the cost of that would be my soul and my self worth. Not an even exchange!

Old 11-17-2014, 06:46 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Sure...why not?

I already maintain myself...that's kind of a given in any relationship so I wouldn't be doing anything out of the ordinary.

He'd give me money to spend how I please? So I could donate it then, correct? Start a charity with it? Help out the animal shelter, women's shelters, schools, families in need, etc....hell sign me up!

And it sounds like I wouldn't have to cook or clean so other than workout and get myself ready for the day I'd have lots of free time to volunteer?

Sounds like a decent arrangement to me. I LOVE my job, but I don't define myself by the hours I put in at work or my paycheck. And with a little financial backing I could probably do more good in the community

Old 11-17-2014, 06:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Ah hell no.I don't want him to have all that control.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:54 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Sure...why not?

I already maintain myself...that's kind of a given in any relationship so I wouldn't be doing anything out of the ordinary.

He'd give me money to spend how I please? So I could donate it then, correct? Start a charity with it? Help out the animal shelter, women's shelters, schools, families in need, etc....hell sign me up!

And it sounds like I wouldn't have to cook or clean so other than workout and get myself ready for the day I'd have lots of free time to volunteer?

Sounds like a decent arrangement to me. I LOVE my job, but I don't define myself by the hours I put in at work or my paycheck. And with a little financial backing I could probably do more good in the community
The question is: would a man with that mindset even want someone with your mindset?
Because what you're talking about is something close to a career.

I am not career-minded and would love to not work a secular job, but I too would put my time/energy into volunteering (which I already do). I would want someone who appreciates that, not someone who just wants a trophy wife to maintain her looks and doesn't care if she cultivates her mind or spirit or contributes anything of value to the world besides being his living blow-up doll.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:51 PM

105 posts, read 115,869 times
Regardless if it's a guy or a gal.
I think one shouldn't live a lifestyle that they can't afford themselves.
If you rely on others to provide you, then once that person cuts you off, you will have nothing.
And when you are so used to the "good" life, you will be willing to give up everything, including your dignity in order for the other party to continue to provide you.

I prefer to have an equal financially independent relationship.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:32 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal-K View Post
Regardless if it's a guy or a gal.
I think one shouldn't live a lifestyle that they can't afford themselves.
If you rely on others to provide you, then once that person cuts you off, you will have nothing.
And when you are so used to the "good" life, you will be willing to give up everything, including your dignity in order for the other party to continue to provide you.

I prefer to have an equal financially independent relationship.
Yeah.. I notice that a lot and question.. especially the really beautiful elderly food sample ladies at Costco. God bless their hearts, but sometimes I question "How did ya end up here??" I'm friends in passing with some of them, and sometimes, I wonder..

Shattered dreams.. endless delusions chasing infinite impossibilities.

Lesson learned: You need to learn to take care of yo self cus nobody else will.. at the end of the day when *knock on wood- anything can happen. Your loved ones won't always be there even if they want to support you. That is the harsh reality...

Old 11-17-2014, 09:37 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
OP, you could have greatly simplified the question by just asking, "Ladies, would you like to be a sex slave for a creepy, controlling, youth-obsessed rich dude?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships