Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 09:33 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times

Advertisements

I am the same age as you , most people our age donot want to be to tie down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 10:00 PM

596 posts, read 627,813 times
I'm 22 so around you and your bf's age, I started dating my ex when I was 18 and we did a lot of talk about our future, but guess what!? He's my ex!

You can and you might talk about the future but that doesn't make it concrete. Most 23 year old guys don't have one single thought about marriage (especially with a 19 year old). Your boyfriend sounds like he has a lot on his plate with working multiple jobs and this is probably what preoccupies his mind most days.

A good way to get things into perspective for you is to compare his current behavior with his behavior 2 years ago. Was he always this reserved in sharing his thoughts, opinions, wants, desires, dreams, goals, etc with you? If he was like this 2 years ago, then he's being pretty consistent with who he is and its you that's just noticing.

Either way you haven't even entered your 20s, you have time don't get hung up on the little things. If he treats you right, respects you (not telling you about going to Bingo is not a big deal [out clubbing, different story] but he shouldn't have to tell you he's going to bingo, I mean my God its BINGO! ), you generally have a good time with him then you should be happy!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:08 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
He didn't say anything about your change to the job with the weird hours, but behind your back, he told your mom he didn't know what came over you to do that?

Not good, OP. Not a good sign at all. This person doesn't know what loyalty is. And he especially doesn't appreciate or understand the value of direct communication. This doesn't bode well, I have to say. A long-term relationship with this guy isn't in the cards, IMO.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:45 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
You're 19 years YOUNG. It sounds like this is your future if you stay with this guy.

Why don't you have a little talk with him and let him know that this is not working for you?

Live a little, go to school, travel, have fun and meet some other people out there in the big world. You're too young to be locked into a dull, one-sided relationship like this one.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:26 AM

26 posts, read 19,267 times
Do you enjoy having intimacy with him without any feelings at all??? Because he does not love you. He just takes advantage of you in bed.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:16 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You're 19.
So what? We can not control when we will meet the person we decide we want to share our path in life with. And when we do - we have to evaluate our life in that light.

19 is a time when many life decisions and courses in life are being chosen - and the OPs wish to reflect her feelings for this man in those decisions is made _more_ important by her current age. Not less so.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:19 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
you are 19 he is 23 just take step at a time, you both are way too young to think about settlements or future plans. Don't rush as the other comments says.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:22 AM

242 posts, read 391,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegranger1819 View Post
He is a very hard person to read
Same thing can be said about you and your lack of paragraphs.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:24 AM

42 posts, read 61,031 times
LOL Did not read

but know the answer.. So does everyone else that posted.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
So what? We can not control when we will meet the person we decide we want to share our path in life with. And when we do - we have to evaluate our life in that light.

19 is a time when many life decisions and courses in life are being chosen - and the OPs wish to reflect her feelings for this man in those decisions is made _more_ important by her current age. Not less so.
I met my husband on my 18th birthday

HOWEVER, it was years before we were emotionally ready too "share our path in life".

It is the rare teenager that makes all the right choices and has all the necessary maturity to chart a life long course with another human being.

But thanks again for following all I write so closely. Your attention continues to flatter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships