Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be open to marrying the type of man described in post #1 of this thread?
Yes 13 18.57%
No 57 81.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:49 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,778,220 times

Advertisements

Simple question for single heterosexual women. You don't even have to post explanations or anything - just click "yes" or "no". (I got the idea for this question from another thread in which I've been engaged.)

Consider a man who was rich enough that you didn't have to work, who told you that he did not want you working - instead, he wanted you to do whatever you had to do to maintain your beauty, your physical fitness, your figure, etc... and satisfy him sexually (assuming he had normal sexual desires). You are compatible with him personality-wise and physically attracted to him. He is attracted to you as you are and does not demand that you change your looks. He says he will give you a large amount of money to spend as you please, and he won't care what you spend it on as long as it's legal. Essentially you can have any "thing" your heart desires. Everything about the relationship looks good and there are no warning signs. He says that he is not the type to leave his wife for a younger woman when she gets "old"... but he will still want her to keep up her appearance so she continues to look really good for her age. He has specifically said that he will not demand plastic surgery, but his expectation is that you will always do whatever you can to keep your figure, your hair style, your style of dress, etc. as close to "the same as it is today" as possible.

He's basically perfect for you in every way. But to be with him, you have to be a "trophy wife" and not a "career woman" or even a "working woman".

Would you want to marry such a man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 11:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
No thanks

Old 11-15-2014, 12:12 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Pass.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:29 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
Gonna say no to that.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:37 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,029 times
I am not living for the carrier and I am maintaining my body because I did it since I was a kid. My mother did not work either even she is well educated. Even there is no money if a person has reasonable income I am happy to be stay home mother and be a wife.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:43 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Consider a man who was rich enough that you didn't have to work, who told you that he did not want you working - instead, he wanted you to do whatever you had to do to maintain your beauty, your physical fitness, your figure, etc... and satisfy him sexually (assuming he had normal sexual desires). You are compatible with him personality-wise and physically attracted to him. He is attracted to you as you are and does not demand that you change your looks. He says he will give you a large amount of money to spend as you please, and he won't care what you spend it on as long as it's legal. Essentially you can have any "thing" your heart desires. Everything about the relationship looks good and there are no warning signs. He says that he is not the type to leave his wife for a younger woman when she gets "old"... but he will still want her to keep up her appearance so she continues to look really good for her age. He has specifically said that he will not demand plastic surgery, but his expectation is that you will always do whatever you can to keep your figure, your hair style, your style of dress, etc. as close to "the same as it is today" as possible.

He's basically perfect for you in every way. But to be with him, you have to be a "trophy wife" and not a "career woman" or even a "working woman".

Would you want to marry such a man?
You contradict yourself, because his desire to dominate and control is unhealthy and a HUGE warning sign right there. Another warning sign is his denial of reality. Time marches on, right across every man's and woman's face and body.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:43 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,329 times
My wife mentioned wanting to be a housewife (jokingly...she's an accounting major) and I pretty much said she would have to fill your description (jokingly) if she wanted to be one. That was funny.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:49 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
He's basically perfect for you in every way.
He can't be perfect for you in every way if you can so easily be imperfect to him by not styling your hair one day.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:51 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
No

Old 11-15-2014, 02:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
I think I'll stick with my Husband who loves the good, the bad and the ugly of me, no matter which he has to deal with at any particular moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships