Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 10:03 AM

9 posts, read 7,295 times

Advertisements

What a mess? 14yrs. Husband only happy when playing golf. Saysafter doing sthing with myself or son. I did my dad duties. We did sthing together. I do everything except work right now I hav disability but also take care of sontry to work part time. Have severe joint disease in both knees. Husband says nothing when I try to talk. He says I wontgive him chance. Never goesto things for son unless its fun for him. His words its not fun for me. I am Easter bunny santa. I enjoy everything about son. Son is special needs. Husband falls asleep before nine at night. Im not happy he used to be different. Now golf makes him happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 10:20 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,445,220 times
Sorry to hear that. Your husband sounds very selfish and needs to understand that he needs to put you son and doing things around the house ahead of golf. His priorities are definitely messed up. You need to get that through to him.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:33 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,492,077 times
Ok I literally have no idea what you are trying to ask/say here? Are you the husband or the wife? What are you trying to accomplish? Is there even a question here?

Old 11-23-2014, 10:41 AM

We have been in counseling and it doesnt seem to change. I told him all this he says give him chance he will change. I try to talk he says he will do whatever so i wont leave. This very unfair cuz i said whats hurting me. He went to golf this morning says he works hard. Says oh his son said he didnt want to go. I think he told me he wanted some of the same things in life including a child just so I wouldnt leave. I dont have money for lawyer and to get my own place.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:44 AM

48,540 posts, read 34,904,021 times
How often and for how many hours does he normally work, and golf?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-23-2014, 10:51 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,468,584 times
I wish the OP would spell everything out rather than abbreviating her words.

Maybe your husband is disappointed in your disability and difficulties with his child? He sounds selfish, but maybe he's at his limit. Some people just aren't strong enough.

What if there is no solution? Is it so terrible that you need to leave or are you threatening to do this because he's tired of the same old discussion and refuses to change?

Old 11-23-2014, 11:03 AM

48,540 posts, read 34,904,021 times
There really isn't enough info. The guy could be out golfing once a week.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-23-2014, 11:05 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,343,412 times
I couldn't understand enough of the post to make any sort of opinion.

Yes?

Old 11-23-2014, 11:08 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,014,228 times
It is hard what going through but cannot say anything based on your post it is not given enough info. Does he earn enough to go golfing? It also possible that you were doing everything this far and he does not take it serious. May be time to talk to him seriously may be via a mediator or some one who can help.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:11 AM

Ok he golfs once twice a week. Sometimes leaves early to golf. Works 40plus. I have never minded him playing golf util the past five plus years because he wouldrather do that then play with me and his son. He doesnt take interest in son. And son tells him he is mean snd he doesnt need him in his life. I want them to relate and try to help but its not working. My husband gets angry real fast. Hes a good guy I think he just not intokids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships