Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:05 PM

74 posts, read 73,179 times

Advertisements

Well I am coming from the second date. We had a good time, we went to the movies and while waiting the start of the movie we spent an hour walking and talking in the mall, she only used her cellphone to text one time in the 5 hours I spent with her. I tried to make more physical contact with her by touching her hand and comparing her hand size to mine, I also told her that her hair looked great today. There was no kiss today. She ordered an orange juice and wanted me to take a zip from her drinking straw, is this a good sign, She also ordered popcorn at the movies and told me that the condition to order the popcorn was that I would help her eating them. I told her that if she would like to play tennis on Sunday but she told me that tomorrow she has a family event and then she will go to a nightclub with her friends in the night she will use Sunday to rest but told me that we can play another day. At the end of the date she said goodbye with a kiss on the cheek and told me she wants to see the movie a hard day´s night by the beatles in the cinema. I sent her a text saying that I had a great time with her and had a lot of fun. She hasn't replied because I sent the text very late, she must have been sleeping when I sent it.

Am I on the right track or Im ****ed up because there was no kiss or holding hands?, what should I do now?.

Last edited by rovis77; 11-28-2014 at 11:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 04:52 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovis77 View Post
Well I am coming from the second date. We had a good time, we went to the movies and while waiting the start of the movie we spent an hour walking and talking in the mall, she only used her cellphone to text one time in the 5 hours I spent with her. I tried to make more physical contact with her by touching her hand and comparing her hand size to mine, I also told her that her hair looked great today. There was no kiss today. She ordered an orange juice and wanted me to take a zip from her drinking straw, is this a good sign, She also ordered popcorn at the movies and told me that the condition to order the popcorn was that I would help her eating them. I told her that if she would like to play tennis on Sunday but she told me that tomorrow she has a family event and then she will go to a nightclub with her friends in the night she will use Sunday to rest but told me that we can play another day. At the end of the date she said goodbye with a kiss on the cheek and told me she wants to see the movie a hard day´s night by the beatles in the cinema. I sent her a text saying that I had a great time with her and had a lot of fun. She hasn't replied because I sent the text very late, she must have been sleeping when I sent it.

Am I on the right track or Im ****ed up because there was no kiss or holding hands?, what should I do now?.
It sounds like you had a really nice date. Relax.

Call her on Monday to see how her weekend went and ask her out again.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It sounds like you had a really nice date. Relax.

Call her on Monday to see how her weekend went and ask her out again.

But does it sound like she is interested even considering that there was no kiss or holding hands in this second date?

Old 11-29-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
But does it sound like she is interested even considering that there was no kiss or holding hands in this second date?
It's a SECOND DATE. I would say the behavior was entirely appropriate for people just getting to know each other. There is no rulebook that says you HAVE to kiss by the second date. The progress of the relationship depends entirely on the two people involved.

I urge you not to fall into the trap of continuing to overanalyze every single interaction like data. Who knows? Proceed until she tells you otherwise.

My ONLY thought based on what you wrote is that her giving you her weekend schedule means she does not intend to be see you over the weekend, although it doesn't necessarily mean she's NOT interested. That's why I suggested calling her on Monday night.

If she turns you down for the next date, she's probably not really interested.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:38 AM

Yesterday at the end of the date I texted her when i arrived home and told her I had a great time and had a lot of fun. She hasn't replied back :S

Old 11-29-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Yesterday at the end of the date I texted her when i arrived home and told her I had a great time and had a lot of fun. She hasn't replied back :S
Yes, you wrote that already.

You need to stop obsessing, go about your business and be a person who is worth knowing. The WORST thing you can do is sit around all weekend going over every moment of the dates, and trying to analyze them.

Forget about it for now. She told you what she is doing this weekend, and now you need to do something worth telling her about next time you talk. Be a person with interests and activities that are fun to do and talk about, not a person who sits in front of the screen, posting the same questions repeatedly online to strangers and WISHING you could make something happen.

You can't.

You had fun. She sounds nice. Now don't ruin it by ruminating.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:14 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,768,354 times
Being around OP would make me irritable and nervous. He is so jumpy and needs constant reassurance.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:28 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,505,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes, you wrote that already.

You need to stop obsessing, go about your business and be a person who is worth knowing. The WORST thing you can do is sit around all weekend going over every moment of the dates, and trying to analyze them.

Forget about it for now. She told you what she is doing this weekend, and now you need to do something worth telling her about next time you talk. Be a person with interests and activities that are fun to do and talk about, not a person who sits in front of the screen, posting the same questions repeatedly online to strangers and WISHING you could make something happen.

You can't.

You had fun. She sounds nice. Now don't ruin it by ruminating.
This is really good advice

Every post you are making ruminating, is knocking your self confidence down a notch every time.

By focusing on you and your goals it keeps you centered and as you accomplish your goals it builds more confidence.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:33 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,423,279 times
Quote:

Hold her hand next time you're on a date and dive in and giver her a kiss. Dial up her number and give her a call. A little bit of persistence is a turn-on. Worrying and over-analyzing could self-sabotage something great. Go with the flow and show her you're interested. Be mellow about it.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:20 PM

She accepted my third date and I will see her on Thursday. I was thinking in buying her some flowers for this day. I was thinking in holding hands with her at the movies, is this a good idea?. Can you give me some tips to find a place and how to kiss her, I was thinking in kissing her in the car, how should i approach her ?, I am not that experienced in dating haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships