Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 02:16 AM

207 posts, read 226,595 times

Advertisements

Im bothered a bit by this. I notice a guy who seem to be very interested in me tends to just come to me when its convient and not that obvious that we are attracted to each other. Social events and just off chance occurences.... but just hes into me as a friend more than anyone else. But I dont think he views me as an equal... more like Im some cute girl he giggles with... but he doesnt try to know me.

Today I saw him at lunch with a co worker (whom he doesnt like... he told me this), and he ask a few people to lunch.... but never me. But at social parties hes glued to me like hes so into me... its not even funny. I feel like he thinks Im some goddess at parties... but ill be honest I never really flirt with him because i dont want to look like im into him... because Im afraid hell reject me as a friend.

I already hinted.... very slight... that I was into knowing him more by sending a few text messages. He replied. I already been to his place...

But why is he so into me... yet only when it doesnt look like hes into me? Im ready to know him more.

He misses me too.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:12 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
It's time to put your big girl pants on.

We can ask why until next thanksgiving but it's not going to move the needle any closer. We can't magically give you a response based on reading his mind and so this means, you have to be a bit more upfront aggressive. You can't make a guy move any faster by dropping more hints that hasn't registered yet.

You can come across strong but jokingly in your approach. Just say "dude, you are wasting my time, are you into me like that or are we just friends?". But say it with a smile but also in a way that doesn't mKe you seem whiny.

Bottom line, it's no longer about figuring him out but rather you taking initiative. If not, then you will be in this weird place with him until he decides and you are beyond frustrated.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlexa View Post
Im bothered a bit by this. I notice a guy who seem to be very interested in me tends to just come to me when its convient and not that obvious that we are attracted to each other. Social events and just off chance occurences.... but just hes into me as a friend more than anyone else. But I dont think he views me as an equal... more like Im some cute girl he giggles with... but he doesnt try to know me.

Today I saw him at lunch with a co worker (whom he doesnt like... he told me this), and he ask a few people to lunch.... but never me. But at social parties hes glued to me like hes so into me... its not even funny. I feel like he thinks Im some goddess at parties... but ill be honest I never really flirt with him because i dont want to look like im into him... because Im afraid hell reject me as a friend.

I already hinted.... very slight... that I was into knowing him more by sending a few text messages. He replied. I already been to his place...

But why is he so into me... yet only when it doesnt look like hes into me? Im ready to know him more.

He misses me too.

Because you allow him to and you are at work to work which is what you get paid for, he is there for the same reason.
I seriously doubt he thinks you are a goddess and it is very difficult to miss someone you don't know beyond a few parties and the office.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:22 AM

619 posts, read 652,238 times
Is this the same married man that you work with from before? The same one who happened to breath the same oxygen at some party as you and you deemed yourself irresistible to him?

This is the equivalent of, "I work with a guy, he wants me. I ran into him at the super market, he wants me."

Quote:
But why is he so into me...
Might be going out on a limb here...but me thinks he's not so into you as you are into yourself.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:25 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Perhaps when you are at a party and drinking he thinks he'll have a better chance of getting lucky.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Is this the same married man that you work with from before? The same one who happened to breath the same oxygen at some party as you and you deemed yourself irresistible to him?

This is the equivalent of, "I work with a guy, he wants me. I ran into him at the super market, he wants me."

Might be going out on a limb here...but me thinks he's not so into you as you are into yourself.
At these parties... he sits directly in front of me... like hell get up and dit in front of me. He gazes somewhat upon me.... even my manager said "'Shes sitting right there why dont you move" and smiles at him... its like hes puppyloving me.

Hell tries his best to find time for me. However he can... when were at work.

He said "ill do her... but shes a bit heavy" to the guys at work (oh gawd my body is heavy... its like Kim Kardashian if she was 30 lbs heavier). When he talks to me i notice he wants to be perfect.

Okay talking about my beauty takes it to that lvl...

I think the only thing holding us back is that hes of honorable breed like Ashley Wilkes... because I just feel he is smitten. Maybe not to my level... but I think if it were not for moral codes he would be mine.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:06 AM

619 posts, read 652,238 times
Quote:
At these parties... he sits directly in front of me... like hell get up and dit in front of me. He gazes somewhat upon me.... even my manager said "'Shes sitting right there why dont you move" and smiles at him... its like hes puppyloving me.
But wasn't he talking to you at the time? It's customary for guys to look at who they're talking to.

Quote:
Hell tries his best to find time for me. However he can... when were at work.
But he didn't invite you to lunch.

Quote:
He said "ill do her... but shes a bit heavy" to the guys at work (oh gawd my body is heavy... its like Kim Kardashian if she was 30 lbs heavier). When he talks to me i notice he wants to be perfect.

Okay talking about my beauty takes it to that lvl...
He mentioned your weight in a unflattering way...that's not exactly the exact things as saying, "Hey hot stuff, how U do-en?"

Quote:
I think the only thing holding us back is that hes of honorable breed like Ashley Wilkes... because I just feel he is smitten. Maybe not to my level... but I think if it were not for moral codes he would be mine.
Ashley Wilkes was a pansy and was only interested in Scarlet for her passionate nature, but he didn't actually want her. She threw herself at him, over and over again. If you're comparing your situation to this Gone with the Wind scenario, then rethink your behavior towards him. Ashley never would have left Melanie. Perhaps he would have used Scarlet as a fling, but that's it.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:06 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
You have to ask yourself if you enjoy chasing boys. Clearly he isn't acting like a man and part of that is attracting you to him. I say leave it how it is as you may end up not liking the "real man" in him.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You have to ask yourself if you enjoy chasing boys. Clearly he isn't acting like a man and part of that is attracting you to him. I say leave it how it is as you may end up not liking the "real man" in him.
Im not perfect either. Actually Im just desperate.... he flirts and retreats. If he didnt flirt with me ever than I wouldnt be into him.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
But wasn't he talking to you at the time? It's customary for guys to look at who they're talking to.

But he didn't invite you to lunch.

He mentioned your weight in a unflattering way...that's not exactly the exact things as saying, "Hey hot stuff, how U do-en?"

Ashley Wilkes was a pansy and was only interested in Scarlet for her passionate nature, but he didn't actually want her. She threw herself at him, over and over again. If you're comparing your situation to this Gone with the Wind scenario, then rethink your behavior towards him. Ashley never would have left Melanie. Perhaps he would have used Scarlet as a fling, but that's it.

Yeah... but its the first time in my entire life a guy thought I was hot and said it aloud. So I wasnt offended... I very much needed to hear that and he said I look good one day at the party.

He hasnt invited me to lunch either he doesnt want to lead me on or because it doesnt look right... but hell spend time with me if know one really knows or its at a party.

I think I am rethinking him.... I think he thinks Im attractive but he doesnt view me as relationship material. He only spends time with me because Im a sad pathetic being that makes him feel better at that given moment. He only likes me because Im make him feel better... and he cant relate to others because he has a small ego. He goes into babymode with me... hard to explain but his voice become singsonging and hes like all giggly.

I notice he thinks I look really young too and I think he views me in some world of being an adult and being a bimbo (hate to say that about myself but I come across dumb/smart to him). He feels unthreaten by me... and he has a very weak self esteem... he told me that he thinks everyone hates him, and i told him i would never talk about him. i think he feels sorry for me... he giggles AT me sometimes too.

I think he projects himself into an extreme version of what he fears to be in me. He sees me as what he truely is... but if it were not for his physical attributes he wouldnt be me. Hes good looking. 6'5 fair skin guy, but he doesnt think hes all that. theres 2 personalities i seen in him... his competent want to rule... but he has an inferiority complex because he needs to talk down about everyone to me, he cant talk about me because im the nicest person in the office and especially to him...

But thats why hes into me. I make him feel like a man when everyone else makes him feel like a useless worker. Hes attracted to me physically because i make him feel like a man and im cute... but for him to see me as anything but a cute coworker he thinks im not in his league. Yeah

If i was skinny, blonde, and had a hot body he would be mine.... but im dark hair and fat. My features are very cute but im not pretty... its like i need i 8 hrs of sleep, right nutritions, right tanning lotion, perfect application of my cosmetics to make myself very cute... but my features are very plain.... i have scars all over my face , but when i get my look right im attractive. Closest comparison is Marilyn Monroe (like how ugly she really is... to what she becomes)

I just figure this stuff out right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships