Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 02:08 PM

125 posts, read 282,241 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

(sorry for the long post)

I have a little bit of an odd situation with my girlfriend. We are both in our early 30s. We've been together for 6 months and we have not had sex yet. This is for two reasons 1. She has no libido, (as in she has no fantasies or desire to masturbate) 2. Privacy, her son and her special needs brother (mental retardation) that she takes care of are always around in the small trailer she lives in, her son also has special needs (autism and mental retardation), and her son sleeps in her bed and she can't seem to get him to sleep in his own bed.

For the libido issue she has been to the doctor, they did some bloodwork and found a vitamin b12 deficiency and abnormality with her in genetics in her blood that she has to see a hematologist for. She also has multiple sclerosis, she thinks it's either the MS itself or side effects from the cocktail of meds she is on.

With her son, it seems every time she tries to get him to sleep in his own bed, he either does not sleep or comes back into the room. The father of the child does not have anything to do with the child, and she used to leave her son with her mom overnight until her mom's fiance decided to spank her child She has trouble trusting a reliable sitter to watch her son to run errands for a few hours, let alone overnight.

The last time I brought up this issue she got mad at me for pushing the issue, she said she is trying her best to figure out the issue, and that it is not me that is the issue, saying she does love me and she is attracted to me. She pointed out that we have not been together long ( 6 months is long for me, more on that later). She also pointed out that I would not be in her son's life as much as I have, would not want to come over to my family's home for holidays, wouldn't brag about me on social media, would not let me kiss her, touch her, and get naked in front of me if she didn't love me or find me attractive. She also pointed out that she doesn't want our relationship to be focused on just sex.

Now some of you might think to yourselves why are putting up with this? You see I have autism spectrum disorder that makes it very difficult to make and maintain friendships, let alone romantic relationships. The fact that I am in a relationship is miracle in it of itself. I have only had one other romantic relationship in my entire 31 years of existence. If I break off this relationship it could be a LOOOONNNGG time before I find something new, my last relationship ended 10 years ago.

Furthermore I do love her with all my heart, but it really sucks having to be celibate while having a girlfriend. I also guess since I haven't gotten laid in 10 years that I just kind of got used to not getting any and just pleasuring myself.

I am not quite sure why I am writing this, I guess I am just trying to reach out to see if anyone has ever dealt with anything similar before.

I really want to be patient and wait for her to get the problems resolved, I am just afraid of being put off indefinitely. On the flip side I have been doing some googling on wait times to have sex in a new relationship, and studies have shown that the longer a couple waits to have sex, the happier their relationship is and the longer it lasts.

So it looks whether or not I stay or go, I am taking a gamble. If I break up with her not only will that break my heart but hers (hers has been broken enough), even though there is a chance I could meet someone "better", that might not actually happen, OTOH, if I stay I might end up in a permanent sexless relationship or I wait patiently, she gets her issues resolved, we have sex and it's amazing because we have built up all the other parts of our relationship such as trust, communication, emotional intimacy, etc.

So what's man to do? I am so torn right now, while I might be able to deal with being in a sexless relationship considering I am used to not getting it anyways and I do love her, it is certainly not ideal or something to aim for..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 02:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
I'd dump her and find a woman who likes sex, doesn't live in a trailer and doesn't have 2 special needs kids to look after. It sounds like a nightmare.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:14 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
hmm.... Well, it sounds like she could really use some help and support in life. She has a full plate. Are you up for the whole package?

Isn't MS eventually fatal?

Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hmm.... Well, it sounds like she could really use some help and support in life. She has a full plate. Are you up for the whole package?

I help her and support her as much as I can, more then any guy ever has. And yes I am up for the challenge of dealing with the whole pacakge since I am a very compassionate person who has a host of own "issues"

And no MS is not fatal except in rare cases.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
I stopped reading at 6 months and no sex yet. Honestly, I'd cut your losses, does not seem like a salvageable situation.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:21 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Yup, I was engaged to girl with MS, she died.

Time to get out man. What is the point of a relationship if you can't kiss, touch, have sex with, or feel the girl. Even with grade 6 Autism you can find better chicks than this homie. Good luck!

Old 12-05-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Time to get out man. What is the point of a relationship if you can't kiss, touch, have sex with, or feel the girl. Even with grade 6 Autism you can find better chicks than this homie. Good luck!
I think you misread my post, we DO kiss and touch.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:24 PM

and how did she die, yaface?

Old 12-05-2014, 02:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
It appears she is trying but she has so much going on that she cannot tend to everything and sex with anyone is very low on her list of priorities.
The child sleeping in her bed will not change anytime soon because she has allowed that probably since birth.
Have you stayed this long just to be able to say you have a girlfriend or do you feel sorry for her and the entire situation and want to save her by staying and helping out?

You need to look long and hard at how you really want to live the rest of your life and make a decision for yourself in regards to this situation and your future.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:26 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmantra View Post
I really want to be patient and wait for her to get the problems resolved, I am just afraid of being put off indefinitely.
What is she actually doing to resolve any of these problems? If nothing, then there's no reason to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships