Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 11:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Are you smoking crack? Two different angles. He was talking about compatability (he is tall) where as short(er) women with extreme height requirements are no different than guys with large breast requirements ("36 double D"). But hey, at least women can buy breasts...guys are pretty much stuck with the height they are given at birth.
Yes, I'm smoking crack. That must explain it.

I don't see the difference. Why would he not be compatible with someone short? I also don't think that 6' is an extreme height requirement. I think having any height requirement is kind of silly - but I don't see a difference between a 5'4" woman having a preference for a tall man any different than a tall man not wanting to be with someone 5'4".

My dad was over six feet and my mom was under five feet. They were married for over 30 years - so I fail to see how their heights made them incompatible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 11:10 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,770,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes, I'm smoking crack. That must explain it.

I don't see the difference. Why would he not be compatible with someone short? I also don't think that 6' is an extreme height requirement. I think having any height requirement is kind of silly - but I don't see a difference between a 5'4" woman having a preference for a tall man any different than a tall man not wanting to be with someone 5'4".

My dad was over six feet and my mom was under five feet. They were married for over 30 years - so I fail to see how their heights made them incompatible!
Make up your mind...is a 6 ft. height requirement extreme or not? The average male height in the USA is 5 ft 9 inches.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Make up your mind...is a 6 ft. height requirement extreme or not? The average male height in the USA is 5 ft 9 inches.
Make up my mind about what?

I don't think that 6' is an extreme height. When I meet people who are 6', I don't consider them extremely tall. My quick search said that the average male height in the USA is 5'9 1/2" to 5'10". I don't consider preferring someone a couple inches over the average to be extreme.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittykatt View Post
Actually, white (non-Hispanic) guys under the ages of 35 are even BIGGER offenders of homogeny, regardless of status, finances, etc. They do not budge from their "white only" restrictions unless they've had ZERO success in many years.

Total B.S. post some data to prove your assertion. Plenty of studies out there to show it is white (non-Hispanic) women who are the most restrictive regardless of age.
How Your Race Affects The Messages You Get « OkTrends

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittykatt View Post

How would you know David Duke would want to jump on Beyonce or Halle Barry? Those 2 are completely different chicks. Halle Berry's mother is white and blonde, which makes her half white. Halle Berry also has more Caucasian features than most mixed women so it makes sense why more white men would find her exceptionally beautiful. Beyonce is an loud, over-bloated, washed out diva. Even her husband can't seem to be faithful to her.
So you are calling one lady a skank because she is 100% black and the other desirable b/c she is half white. Please take your stereotypes to the next KKK meeting. They are both hot.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:

I don't think that 6' is an extreme height. When I meet people who are 6', I don't consider them extremely tall. My quick search said that the average male height in the USA is 5'9 1/2" to 5'10". I don't consider preferring someone a couple inches over the average to be extreme.
The post you originally referred to was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's pretty common in Chicago. What's weird is girls that are 5'4" request a guy that is 6'. I'm a tad over 6' and I can't be with a girl that is 8 inches shorter than me unless she is going to be wearing 6 inch heels most of the time.
-

His requirement is about being compatible (tall with tall)...while her demand is a fetish.

Short women (and 5-4 is below average) who demand men who are above average and 6-0 is above average, are no different than a fat/out of shape guy who says, "A 36 double DD breast or no go for me."

Again, nothing wrong with a tall guy falling in love with a short woman or vice versa...but the absolute requirement for these traits is the ridiculous part.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
The post you originally referred to was this:

-

His requirement is about being compatible (tall with tall)...while her demand is a fetish.

Short women (and 5-4 is below average) who demand men who are above average and 6-0 is above average, are no different than a fat/out of shape guy who says, "A 36 double DD breast or no go for me."
Why is a tall person incompatible with a short person? You think wanting someone of a certain height is a fetish? That's odd.

You can keep trying to explain it - but your breast/fat guy analogy isn't in the same vein. We just see things differently. I just think it's funny that it's okay for a tall guy to have a height requirement because it makes sense to you somehow but it's not okay for a short woman to have a height requirement because you see it as a fetish.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:13 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times
Quote:
Total B.S. post some data to prove your assertion. Plenty of studies out there to show it is white (non-Hispanic) women who are the most restrictive regardless of age.
White men and women in general tend to very strongly prefer their own, although you've correctly pointed out that white women tend to have stronger preferences in this matter. So in a sense you're both correct - hellokittykatt was talking about men while you were talking about women.

However, it's worth noting that OKCupid's data indicates that Hispanic and Asian women exhibit much the same behavior.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:12 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
So, it's weird that someone 5'4" wants someone your height but it's not weird that you can't be with someone 5'4"?
Yes. It's not like we are talking about a couple inches here. We are talking about 8" and a below average girl wanting an above average guy (height). Now, maybe the girl likes to wear high heels much of the time, but I don't see too many girls wearing heels taller than 2-3". Call me lazy, but I prefer to just bend down a couple of inches to kiss a girl.

I can understand a blue eyed girl wanting someone with blue eyes, or a girl with a degree wanting someone with a degree, a white girl wanting a white guy, or an athletic girl wanting an athletic guy, but not a short girl wanting a tall guy. We aren't even talking about wanting a taller guy, but a guy taller than 90% of men.. This would be like a girl (or guy) wanting a person making $150K (90th percentile).

Last edited by lycos679; 12-12-2014 at 04:33 AM..

Old 12-12-2014, 04:31 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:

It depends on race and age as well. The median height for white men is about 5'8.5", but that starts to shrink after age 40 or 50.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:36 AM

103 posts, read 124,632 times
Quote:
I don't have to post any data. It's observational, JUST LIKE YOU'VE OBSERVED ONE HISPANIC CHICK WANTING DUDES WHO IS NOT YOU. Have you read a bunch of guy's profiles?! In a lot of areas, esp. areas where there's more white people, you're going to see a lot of profiles that will state that they want someone WHITE only. In places were there's a lot more hispanic people, you're probably going to see more hispanic people in demand. It all depends on the location and what's more populous because that's what's going to been more often and more exposure to something = ease and comfort.

Okcupid only took a small sample for the data so it's not really a "study." All it points out that at least on okcupid that it seems like white guys are in demand by all chicks and white guys won't respond to anyone. Ok, so I guess that proves white guys would be called snobs.

Quote:
So you are calling one lady a skank because she is 100% black and the other desirable b/c she is half white. Please take your stereotypes to the next KKK meeting. They are both hot.
If you think they're both hot then that's your opinion but it's NOT a factual statement. I swear, you are one of the most angry and f*cking rude persons on this forum that is full of awfulness lately. You keep making a big deal about how you're white and non hispanic and open minded and all that pc bullsh*t and now you're telling me, a NON WHITE person to go to a KKK meeting?! F*ck you and your insecurities. You know why a lot of non white chicks don't like white guys? Because angry pc white dudes like your are boiling with rage that white chicks rejected you and now you spin it around like you're so awesome and so open minded because you'd bang anyone that's not white. Well la di dah for whiny, privileged, self-entitled white d*cks trying to get some exotic tail.

I never said Beyonce is a skank. If I thought she's a skank, I would have said it. I pointed out that the REAL reason why Halle Berry attracts a lot of white guys who would think she's beautiful is because she has white features. That is NOT a lie. Anthropological studies show that people are generally attracted/drawn to those who look like they could be from the same tribe as them because it's rooted in survival- recognition of similarity will earn trust faster which would lead to sharing of resources, etc. It is easier for white guys to be more attracted to Halle Berry than to Beyonce.

Last edited by hellokittykatt; 12-12-2014 at 04:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships