Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 04:40 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times

Advertisements

We need yet another thread in which the young and sexless get to vomit up their emotional tripe?

Enough already with this fixation!

Old 12-14-2014, 04:41 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Your circle sounds a lot like mine, jilla. Even when we were younger (and according to the interweb, more "valuable") nobody was dating multiple guys at a time or had a bunch of FWBs. Most of my friends didn't date in high school much and while we got more experience in college, it was by no means Girls Gone Wild. That's what's normal round these parts, though I know that according to Internet law that means that we're probably uptight prudes.
I always get a kick out of the more valuable thing too because I've never found it easier in my life to get a date than I do now, post-divorce, post 35 years old. My big problem is just finding a good match. Off subject a bit, I met a really nice man this weekend when I went to the hardware store, we had lunch together and exchanged numbers and e-mail address. We'll see

Anyway, yeah, you and I have had similar experience. Granted, there were the "Girls Gone Wild" types out there. My cousin was (and still is) one of them. But they were by no means most of the people I knew... and other than my cousin, I really didn't associate with that type of person. So I just wonder if some of these guys are running into that type a lot and not seeing the types that were more like you and me. It would be fitting, I was "invisible" back in the day so it wouldn't surprise me that similar women are invisible now.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:44 PM

833 posts, read 657,158 times
What is with the fixation with virginity ??? Sheesh do you also track how many cups of coffee one drinks?? It is a meaningless fetish with no point in pursuing.

For those who don't get it continue to talk while those who are busy with it can't be bothered discussing this ..

Old 12-14-2014, 05:48 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I wish I grew up in that type of area or back then lol

In high school everyone was "messing" with someone. I was very sheltered compared to most kids my age. I didn't even know what the heck a virgin was until 9th grade when someone asked me. Even then I didn't jump in and say "I want to do it too." To most dudes on here and probably some in real life, I am a "prude" because I am not the type to jump when a guy says jump or constantly run into guys I am attracted to. I only knew video games, television, and school. I went to school and came home, and I am still like that today.

Just the kind of person I am. I suppose my environment shaped my personality a lot, in a sense that I haven't shifted from my comfort zone. I got caught up for a little while when I was 16 before I snapped back into my senses. Just about everyone here finds me unusual and strange since I am not dating anyone. Most of my friends don't talk about it EVERYTIME we see each other but comes up a lot in conversation.

I get the feeling they are "waiting" for me to experience what they have...like I'm under a microscope. It's actually annoying and makes me feel a bit self conscious. I'm not sure about this whole 5% thing. I don't think it is really worth researching though. I believe it just depends on the area and the people in it.
Me too, for all of it-the virgin thing I found out in 8th grade, when someone asked. And that's really sad that a 13-year-old is expected to have had sex a while ago. Unless the girls were lying, but stated "Well, I used to be one too." . Agree with Fe and Jil. My friend, and the girls she hung with, none of them were wild party types. They had some boyfriends but it wasn't casual. And same for me, I never run into guys I am attracted to. All throughout my school life, I had a crush on 6 guys. Otherwise, I wasn't popular in school, so I found ways to entertain myself, and that became television, games, and reading. And like you, still is like that. My ex friend was just like me. But she managed to get her boyfriend and lose her v card before me. Which is fine, just not when she wants to bring up guys and shift the convo to if I found one yet, and hoping I do, and throwing the pity card out. And it's been asked quite a few times if I had a boyfriend, and I wonder what business is it of anyone's?

I won't argue that some women run though men like candy. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it's natural, or a blanket statement that it's normal for all women. There's a balance between running through a line of men, and being a prude who hates men and never does anything. Some women are just more relationship oriented, rather than casual sex aka have sex and see what happens afterward. Some try to build the connection first, then the sex comes after a relationship is established.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:36 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
This thread is closed. Not only is the topic not about relationships, but the link in the opening post was for an article which is not PG-13. Finally, the topic of virginity has been discussed to death in many prior threads.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships