Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 01:43 PM

13 posts, read 15,183 times

Advertisements

I broke up with my girlfriend of 10 months, we are both in our early 30's. It's been 1 day and I think I made a mistake, a BIG one.

I had been dating casually for about 8 months with no interest in getting in a serious relationship. This changed when I met her, and after our second date I decided I wanted to get to know her better. We started seeing each other and I fell for her. In many ways I though of her as "The One". There is something magnetic about her personality and I think she is the most beautiful woman I've seen.

Although we really liked each other there were a couple issues that made our relationship difficult. We are both introverted and it took us a really long time to get close to each other, even towards the end this was still an issue. This created a distance between us which led to me having doubts and being jealous, although she never gave me a reason to be jealous.

In contrast with previous relationships, I felt the need to be constantly reassured of her feelings for me and I needed to check where we stood us a couple. I really enjoyed spending time with her and so did she but it's when we were apart that my mind would run 100 mph thinking all sorts of things (mostly negative) about our relationship. We did have a few conversations and things improved after each and specially in the last 2 weeks -after our last conversation, things had been particularly great (lots of sex and intimacy).

I'd say our physical connection has been there since day 1. There's definitely lots of passion when we kiss etc. It is more the emotional component where I felt there was something missing. The fact that we had to think twice before sending each other a text message or making a phone call made me wonder if we, despite our feelings for each other, were the right fit. I wanted to spend a weekend together and go somewhere else but I felt insecure and never asked. I think we are both shy and that's why we were moving so slow, nevertheless we were moving and things WERE improving.

I rushed to break things up with her because for the first time I'm feeling so insecure and honestly I feel stupid. I have no reason to question her feelings, she has showed me that her feelings for me are just as strong as my feelings for her. Maybe I'm just a little frightened because I like her too much and she's probably the one I want to spend my life with. I can't help but feel I screwed up and I want her back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 01:44 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
So tell her that.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:45 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So tell her that.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:59 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu View Post
I broke up with my girlfriend of 10 months, we are both in our early 30's. It's been 1 day and I think I made a mistake, a BIG one.

I had been dating casually for about 8 months with no interest in getting in a serious relationship. This changed when I met her, and after our second date I decided I wanted to get to know her better. We started seeing each other and I fell for her. In many ways I though of her as "The One". There is something magnetic about her personality and I think she is the most beautiful woman I've seen.

Although we really liked each other there were a couple issues that made our relationship difficult. We are both introverted and it took us a really long time to get close to each other, even towards the end this was still an issue. This created a distance between us which led to me having doubts and being jealous, although she never gave me a reason to be jealous.

In contrast with previous relationships, I felt the need to be constantly reassured of her feelings for me and I needed to check where we stood us a couple. I really enjoyed spending time with her and so did she but it's when we were apart that my mind would run 100 mph thinking all sorts of things (mostly negative) about our relationship. We did have a few conversations and things improved after each and specially in the last 2 weeks -after our last conversation, things had been particularly great (lots of sex and intimacy).

I'd say our physical connection has been there since day 1. There's definitely lots of passion when we kiss etc. It is more the emotional component where I felt there was something missing. The fact that we had to think twice before sending each other a text message or making a phone call made me wonder if we, despite our feelings for each other, were the right fit. I wanted to spend a weekend together and go somewhere else but I felt insecure and never asked. I think we are both shy and that's why we were moving so slow, nevertheless we were moving and things WERE improving.

I rushed to break things up with her because for the first time I'm feeling so insecure and honestly I feel stupid. I have no reason to question her feelings, she has showed me that her feelings for me are just as strong as my feelings for her. Maybe I'm just a little frightened because I like her too much and she's probably the one I want to spend my life with. I can't help but feel I screwed up and I want her back.
Copy this post and send it to her. Good luck!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:03 PM

154 posts, read 260,018 times
Quote:
So tell her that.

/thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:09 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,981 times
HELLO??? McFly?????

Not to quote Billy Joel but....

TELL HER ABOUT IT -

Step up to the plate, let her know you love her - YOU DO LOVE HER - it's pretty obvious - and Don't make this mistake with her again - you may not get another chance!

Old 07-08-2015, 02:15 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,812,537 times
Quote:
So tell her that.
Yea pretty much...and do it ASAP.

The longer you wait the more she's gonna think you left her for someone and it didn't work out or something.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:16 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,925,727 times
anyone else's head hurt??

Old 07-08-2015, 02:17 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Fix your insecurities and THEN try again.

Good golly you are overthinking everything!!!

How do you sleep at night?

Your are an 'Anxious introvert.'

Old 07-08-2015, 02:22 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,450 times
they say absence makes the heart grow fonder, do you think this time around things will really change? She/you will be more emotionally available than u were in the past? Likely the issues of why u broke up will be right back there when u get back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships