Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 10:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Not much of a catch if you have to play stupid games to get his attention and keep him in my opinion.
What kind of man would deal with a manipulative woman like that? No man I know would tolerate it
for a moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 10:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
As a woman, I have never done #1 or #2 and I have never had a problem "scoring" (really? Ugh) men and having them stick around.

I agree with having a life and improving oneself.

But I can't see withholding affection and interest. If what you have to do to maintain a guy's interest is to play games, well, is that what you want to have to keep up the entire relationship? That is way too much work for me. You love me or ya don't!

Old 12-21-2014, 10:29 PM

619 posts, read 652,092 times
I honestly thought this was a spoof article...oh, the hilarity!

Old 12-21-2014, 10:42 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I still don't understand why I'm expected to court a woman when they're supposedly equal to us. Why doesn't she court me?
All are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
All are equal, but some are more equal than others.
How would one court a guy? Flowers, poetry, long discussions of mutual interests in front of the fireplace? Gomez Adams might love that kind of stuff...but actually courting a real man seems like it would be a mystery.

I did buy a guy a video game and for Valentine's day, I gave him a Darth Vader holding a rose...and now I'm his good friend, Jenna...bestest friend ever...besties, besties, besties..

Old 12-21-2014, 11:01 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I still don't understand why I'm expected to court a woman when they're supposedly equal to us. Why doesn't she court me?
You have to make yourself courtship-worthy. With your depression and other issues, you don't cut it for the time being. Some men do get courted, to a degree. She'll make the first move. If he doesn't get the message, she'll make the second move. If he still doesn't quite get it, and just thinks she's being nice/friendly, or is still in "friends" mode (if they've been friends, and she's trying to switch gears), she'll invite him over for lunch or dinner. Men do get courted if they're shy, reticent, or clueless, but have other redeeming features. At some point, though, he takes over a little, and they start going out by mutual agreement, or hanging out, and at least splitting costs evenly.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:05 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
There's another article on that same website that counters many of the points raised in the OP's article:

F*ck Your Rules And Games: Why Playing Hard To Get Will Get You Nowhere

Old 12-21-2014, 11:07 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
How would one court a guy? Flowers, poetry, long discussions of mutual interests in front of the fireplace? Gomez Adams might love that kind of stuff...but actually courting a real man seems like it would be a mystery.
Send me a quality poem of your own composition, and my adoration shall be limitless (within bounds, of course).

Whatever happened to Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning? Oh, wait... let me count the ways....

Old 12-21-2014, 11:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Send me a quality poem of your own composition, and my adoration shall be limitless (within bounds, of course).

Whatever happened to Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning? Oh, wait... let me count the ways....
I wrote poems for my husband when we were dating.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:

I'm more of an E.E. Cummings or Whitman girl myself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships