Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,530,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylivia View Post
after reading some of the post I see that people are getting off track but just for the record let me state a few things: 1. googling him was one of the first things I did at his request. 2.I also googled his name under the school in which he coaches which is on the list of the top ten African American Ivy League schools in America: (FYI) He graduated from St.Augustine's in Raleigh North Carolina with a bachelor's degree in sociology. He coached at three Virginia high schools,one in Portsmouth Virginia and two in Norfolk Virginia. one of those schools went on to win two Eastern District titles. he also served as part time assistant coach at Norfolk State University they went on to win the MEAC in 2004 and 2005. In 2009 he coached an AAU team to the national championship and won
the National AAU title. in 2012 and 13, his school finished 2nd in their field in the MEAC .That is just a brief of what is on the Schools website...therefore there is no doubt that he is who he is workswhere he works and does what he does.

1. What is an African American Ivy League School?

2. Do his colleagues even know that he is engaged? Has no one ever asked to meet you?

3. Who will be invited to your wedding since no one knows about you?

4. If you do indeed marry, will he just keep you hidden away? I mean, will he never introduce you as his wife, take you to any university functions?

Something is very wrong here- most men marry women they love and want to show them off. Are you sure that he is the right man for you? If he is embarrassed by your 'lack of education', why did he ask you to marry him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 09:48 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
1. What is an African American Ivy League School?

What used to be called the black ivies. Howard, Spelman, etc.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:24 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,401,655 times
He's a professor but only has a BA?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,033,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
He's a professor but only has a BA?

Most likely an instructor, but at the schools I've worked at and some I've attended there are non terminal degree professors. They're uncommon, but they're called professors of practice. These tend to be exceptional people. We had a couple at the Harvard school I worked at.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:36 AM

22,631 posts, read 47,774,587 times
Quote:
hello I need a bit of advice. I am newly engaged to a man who is a professor and assistant coach at an Ivy League University where we live.
The OP lists her ZIP code as Hampton, VA - 23669.
There are no Ivy League schools there.
The post is probably false after that too....

Old 01-09-2015, 10:36 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,298,977 times
Quote:
that is not my intent all I wanted was advice on the reason my fiance is acting towards me. and somehow the discussion turn to if he really is a coach and a professor,.and as for me "outting" him , his information is on the school's web page for the public to see.my reason and only reason for posting in the first place was to get help constructive help into figuring how to rectify my situation. now I realize when posting on a public forum I will be getting a lot of opinions some good some not so good some supportive and some criticizing. getting back on subject this is I agree about respect. Needless to say I am very proud of him and have nothing but the utmost respect for what he has accomplished in his life. I have introduced him to my family and all of my friends he has told his friends about me and our engagement but will not take me around them socially.

You determine if you want be the fiancee/wife that never gets to see the sunlight and be content just staying in the dark looking good for him. What I heard some mistresses get better recognition.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:38 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,298,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
You want advice from us on why your fiance is acting a certain way towards you? Why not just ask him?
You state that you are very proud of him. If you were not proud of him, would you be so happy being with him?
He obviously is not very proud of you. If he was proud of you, you would be front and center at every event he attends and on every occasion on which he is with his friends.
This is not a relationship. I don't know what I would classify it as but it is totally NOT a relationship.

ITs called underground relationship.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:44 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,401,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Most likely an instructor, but at the schools I've worked at and some I've attended there are non terminal degree professors. They're uncommon, but they're called professors of practice. These tend to be exceptional people. We had a couple at the Harvard school I worked at.
It's just funny how it went from Ivy League professor/coach to Black Ivy League Instructor/coach.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 AM

1,212 posts, read 4,915,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The OP lists her ZIP code as Hampton, VA - 23669.
There are no Ivy League schools there.
The post is probably false after that too....
Hampton University.... OP later in the thread mentioned that the school was an African American Ivy league school.

Back in the day when US was "separate but equal" there were university that permitted african american students that were designated as the black counterparts to the other Ivy league school.

I don't believe the OP was posting false story

Old 01-09-2015, 10:51 AM

1,212 posts, read 4,915,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
It's just funny how it went from Ivy League professor/coach to Black Ivy League Instructor/coach.
no difference to me.... both circumstances (schools) are respected, rich history of tradition and private (expensive).

I don't think she was talking about the level of atheletic program... I think she was focusing on the prestige/pomp that her fiance displays and the fact that he doesn't include her... like he is ashamed of her lack of education.

Fiance sounds snooty... or "siditty"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships