Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 01:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,492,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Ya know, I was thinking about taking her out on my private jet to Europe next weekend. But then I remembered that I don't own a private jet.

After a month, what would you suggest that's more "exciting", homie? I'm open to suggestions.

I doubt I'll hear back from you though. Always have at least one uppity d**k put in their snarky .02 comment on a thread and then disappear forever.
Sorry. Winners have imagination. When you approach the problem with that mindset, success will follow.

[4 cents ]

Old 01-21-2015, 01:24 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,213,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No they do not. A 24 year old getting married is very uncommon among the professional/educated population. Much less common than a 34 yo among educated professionals.

It's common in rural and less educated parts of the country, which is still a majority of the population, but it isn't the demographic we're talking about here.
Where are your stats/sources regarding this? Do they even keep stats about LTRs? LOL

Old 01-21-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Sorry. Winners have imagination. When you approach the problem with that mindset, success will follow.

[4 cents ]
Hey, you came back. Good for you for flexing your keyboard muscles!

A) It's winter time here, brah. We all don't live in sunny SoCal. One of the only other options here would be to go snowshoeing, which is not ruled out for a future date.
B) I'm not gonna be investing a ton of resources in someone I just met. The fun stuff comes later, once a relationship is established. These dates are the typical boring stuff, because any sensible guy is not going to be showing his entire hand (not to mention blowing a ton of money) when he's just getting to know a new woman.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:26 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,833,929 times
Quote:
Actually, the last several situations have led me to feeling that this is the best plan of action for me. Obviously, I'm not bringing it; it being whatever it is that makes women (the women I'm interested in) swoon over a guy. I don't have it. That much is clear to me. It's not fun to me going on a bunch of dates with a bunch of strange women, paying for their stuff, just for it to fizzle out on me in a few weeks. I could be using that time/money/energy on something that will actually benefit me in some way or another, not just drain me.
Quote:
It's very possible. I'm in a tough spot at 29. The women who are younger than me are mostly still in the "I just want to have fun" mindset, and the women who are older than me are mostly in the "I want to settle down and start popping out babies ASAP" mindset. Of course, it doesn't help that I, myself, look to be in my early to mid 20s. Women my age and a little older tend to think I look too young for them.

It sounds like you are looking for a temporary love relationship as a "placeholder" until you are ready for a more serious relationship leading to marriage in the future.

Perhaps women you date pick up on this, and they don't want to invest their heart/body/soul in you just to see it fizzle out after two years. They are in their prime years for attracting a life partner and if they want children some day, they don't want to ruin it by wasting time in a dead-end relationship. They could be using that time/energy dating men that will actually benefit them in some way, someone who wants to build a life together, not just drain them.

Some women enjoy dating casually for fun. Other women are looking for a life partner. I don't think there are very many young women out there who are interested in the in-between, temporary, yet long term relationship that will lead nowhere.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:34 PM

You might have better luck with older women who have "been there, done that" and just want companionship without marriage.

That is more common in older women, but not so much for younger women who want a family some day.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
You might have better luck with older women who have "been there, done that" and just want companionship without marriage.

That is more common in older women, but not so much for younger women who want a family some day.
I don't know why you're assuming I don't want to settle down and have a family. I never said that. I only mentioned before that I don't necessarily want to get married right now. I'm content with that happening a few years down the road if that's the way it is.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I don't know why you're assuming I don't want to settle down and have a family. I never said that. I only mentioned before that I don't necessarily want to get married right now. I'm content with that happening a few years down the road if that's the way it is.
Oh okay. I misjudged you based on your comment complaining that women your age just want to get married. Thanks for clarifying that you are looking for a relationship leading to marriage. I think your intentions matter a lot to most women your age.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:52 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,810,290 times
Quote:
Where are your stats/sources regarding this? Do they even keep stats about LTRs? LOL
I don't think they keep stats on LTR, but the U.S. Census bureau does for the age of "first time" marriages in the U.S. The median age for first time marriages for men in 28.6 years old for men and 26.6 years old for women (in 2012). That might be what he's referring to.

Quote:
Ya know, I was thinking about taking her out on my private jet to Europe next weekend. But then I remembered that I don't own a private jet.

After a month, what would you suggest that's more "exciting", homie? I'm open to suggestions.

I doubt I'll hear back from you though. Always have at least one uppity d**k put in their snarky .02 comment on a thread and then disappear forever.
You've been on a few dates with her and talk a lot. What are her hobbies and interests? Of course, if it's ice skating, you might be lucky with the winter months... but even if she likes something like "sunbathing at the beach" you can twist things around to have a "beach" date. Maybe get some goofy sunglasses and go to a beach themed restaurant and then go swimming later at an indoor community pool or even rent a room at a hotel with an indoor pool... don't use the room (or do) and hang out at the pool. Or if you do use the room, put beach towels on the bed in place of the comforter and rent a summer-themed movie to watch together in the privacy of your room.

Maybe if you get a few ideas of her likes and interests, you can make a post where people can help you come up with unique date ideas?

Old 01-21-2015, 01:54 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
She's like five years younger than me. It's not like I have a decade on her. But I guess it can't hurt to consider all possibilities.
5 years can make a big difference in the 20's, life-stage and maturity-wise. Depending on the individuals.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:56 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
It's very possible. I'm in a tough spot at 29. The women who are younger than me are mostly still in the "I just want to have fun" mindset, and the women who are older than me are mostly in the "I want to settle down and start popping out babies ASAP" mindset. Of course, it doesn't help that I, myself, look to be in my early to mid 20s. Women my age and a little older tend to think I look too young for them.
That's a tough spot to be in. I'm sure this is part of your difficulties. You may have to wait a couple of years before you can date women who are more ready for a serious relationship and LTR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships