Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 04:04 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,074,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
She has not been counted out entirely. But once again, I made my intentions clear to her already and put in a decent amount of work to pursue her the first time. She told me she wasn't ready for a relationship. I respectfully told her that I was backing off for the time being in order to give her space. The ball is officially in her court now. If she doesn't think I'm worth it, then no skin off my back. As many of you have already intentionally made me well aware, she'll likely have a ton of guys ready to pursue her anyway. So what difference does it make to me? She'll be fine regardless of if I pursue her.
IIRC, you put in effort that wasn't returned, at a time when she'd already expressed that she'd just gotten out of a relationship and wasn't ready for a new one. Hasn't she contacted you recently, and if so, how did that go?

Old 01-15-2015, 04:05 PM

378 posts, read 442,535 times
Default "She told me she wasn't ready for a relationship."

Quote:
She has not been counted out entirely. But once again, I made my intentions clear to her already and put in a decent amount of work to pursue her the first time. She told me she wasn't ready for a relationship. I respectfully told her that I was backing off for the time being in order to give her space. The ball is officially in her court now. If she doesn't think I'm worth it, then no skin off my back. As many of you have already intentionally made me well aware, she'll likely have a ton of guys ready to pursue her anyway. So what difference does it make to me? She'll be fine regardless of if I pursue her.
Is she down for booty call?

Old 01-15-2015, 04:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,074,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
Is she down for booty call?
Oh good grief. He's not looking for that, he's looking for a meaningful relationship.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:13 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,215,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
IIRC, you put in effort that wasn't returned, at a time when she'd already expressed that she'd just gotten out of a relationship and wasn't ready for a new one. Hasn't she contacted you recently, and if so, how did that go?
She did. Last week. She asked me how my trip home was and then we hung out (in a small group) on the weekend. It went fine. We may have flirted a little. But there was otherwise no indication one way or the other if she wanted to pursue things romantically.

As far as I'm concerned, she can ask me out this time if she's interested. I'm not about to set myself up for rejection, round two with her.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:17 PM

270 posts, read 283,482 times
Wow!!! 353 replies to someone who publicly announces their parting with OLD.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:22 PM

378 posts, read 442,535 times
Default Seriously..

Quote:
She did. Last week. She asked me how my trip home was and then we hung out (in a small group) on the weekend. It went fine. We may have flirted a little. But there was otherwise no indication one way or the other if she wanted to pursue things romantically.

As far as I'm concerned, she can ask me out this time if she's interested. I'm not about to set myself up for rejection, round two with her.
You are over-ANALyze it. Weekend is coming, pick the next available chic from the 'ball-pan' and enjoy your weekend with her/them....

Old 01-15-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
You are over-ANALyze it. Weekend is coming, pick the next available chic from the 'ball-pan' and enjoy your weekend with her/them....
Been there, done that, friend. Sums up most of my 20s. Not interested in that game at this point.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:26 PM

73 posts, read 84,979 times
You need more of an abundance mentality. Don't 'put your all' into one girl until she's earned it. I would focus on the things you enjoy most, stay in good shape, develop a social circle, and live your life. Eventually you'll meet many different women. The key is don't commit to one unless you're 100% sure she's worth it. Stop being such a push over and putting women up on a pedestal. You should only give a girl flowers/dinners/etc once you're in a monogamous relationship and you're both giving/receiving. IMO, if you're both in a similar social class, it should really be a 50/50 deal even then.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:19 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,649,182 times
Update?

Old 01-17-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Update?
Last night's date went well. She enjoyed the movie and we had drinks afterwards. Stayed the night with her again.

She's talking about things to do together in the future...Seems pretty positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships