Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:50 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,642 times

Advertisements

I've already talked about this man a couple months ago (March) when he sent me a friend request on Facebook right after I unblocked him. I blocked again him pretty much right away.

I deleted all social media hoping he'd forget about me.

Fast forward, I re-activated my Twitter account about 5 hours ago and he sent me a request to follow me about 20 minutes ago.

We dated in college then I broke up with him in 2012. It's been three years and he still can't let it go. I've moved on and I want to focus on my career, not a man. He however cannot take a hint and I feel as though I have to have a conversation with him to clear things up once and for all.

This is driving me nuts, really. I can't even have an account on any social media without having him creeping on me in some way. He's engaged for heaven's sake. I want to meet new people.

What should I do to make him understand this is a lost cause? He obviously still hung up on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 12:00 PM

341 posts, read 455,792 times
Not sure why him following you on social media = still hung up on you? He can follow you without you actually having any personal interaction with him. I think I am "friends" with all of my exes on facebook. No big deal. Very rarely do we actually communicate. And none of us are overly active on social media, so although their names are in my friends list, it
s not like a window into anyone's soul...

Old 01-14-2015, 12:01 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I think, it's pretty easy to ghost this phewl, but a little part of you is still hung up on him.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:07 PM

Yes, except I'm the last girl he dated before he got engaged to his fiancée. He got engaged 3 months after I broke up with him.

Last time we spoke, he told me he made a mistake moving countries for her.

Plus, I'm the only "acquaintance" he's following. The rest are NGOs and celebrities.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think, it's pretty easy to ghost this phewl, but a little part of you is still hung up on him.
If you only knew ... I'm so hung up on someone else and I have been for about a year now.

I can't even picture myself dating any other guy whether they're someone new or an old boyfriend.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
So reblock him, what's so hard about that? How is this even an issue?

Old 01-14-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
So reblock him, what's so hard about that? How is this even an issue?
Because I want him to understand he needs to forget about ever reconnecting with me! Blocking him doesn't do the trick, celarly. He needs to understand that it's time for him to let it go!

Old 01-14-2015, 12:22 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Folks do this kind of thing all the time.

Just ignore him. I feel like a part of you still cares for him if you feel the need to make a post about him following you. I could understand if he sent you message or is posting thousands of tweets about you.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:22 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
Because I want him to understand he needs to forget about ever reconnecting with me! Blocking him doesn't do the trick, celarly. He needs to understand that it's time for him to let it go!
No he doesn't need to be told anything, he can figure it out when he finds out you're completely blocking him. I think you might be enjoying his attention, or at least the thought that he's pining for you.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
So you are mad you can't control his mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships