Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 07:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I would. Men go for looks. Women go for status.
And women with status go for men with looks. Not all of us need a guy for his status ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 08:03 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
It depends on where you're coming from. I had pretty high pretty high status so I did well there. My looks are so-so (decent looking face, but short), which has been way more of an issue since graduating.

It's all relative though and women and sex are not the end-all-be-all of existence (despite what everybody wants men to believe). So it's all good.
In college though, they kind of are. It's a clear reflection of status in that context. And I'll certainly never forget the way I was treated by certain people in that stupid WB drama of an environment.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:09 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
In college though, they kind of are. It's a clear reflection of status in that context. And I'll certainly never forget the way I was treated by certain people in that stupid WB drama of an environment.
For men, having a woman in their life is always a sign of status, post-college included. This is not true for women though (which is primarily the reason for the gender imbalance when it comes to dating).

As you get older and get more experience with women, you'll find that hot women, like sports cars, are status symbols that are not really worth the effort. Or maybe you won't realize that, but you should for your own well-being.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:10 PM

16 posts, read 12,552 times
Quote:
It depends on where you're coming from. I had pretty high status so I did well there. My looks are so-so (decent looking face, but short), which has been way more of an issue since graduating. In school, women are part of a small bubble, where men are really only competing against other men at their school. So the highest status (most popular, friendliest, etc) will get the girls.

As women get older, the world opens up to them. They start trying to keep up with the Joneses and want the best of everything. Since they have so many options and they are no longer in that small bubble, they focus almost solely on looks (unless, of course, the man is a celebrity of some sort).

It's all relative though and women and sex are not the end-all-be-all of existence (despite what everybody wants men to believe). So it's all good.
women and sex are the end all be all whatever of existence

nothing is better than sleeping with hot girls

nothing

nothing at all

nothing I tell you

NOTHING

Old 01-25-2015, 08:12 PM

16 posts, read 12,552 times
Quote:
For men, having a woman in their life is always a sign of status, post-college included. This is not true for women though (which is primarily the reason for the gender imbalance when it comes to dating).

As you get older and get more experience with women, you'll find that hot women, like sports cars, are status symbols that are not really worth the effort. Or maybe you won't realize that, but you should for your own well-being.
*yawns*

Who in their right mind would marry a hot girl? You think I want to marry one?

Screw that.

Sleep with her for a night and then forget about her, that is what I want.

I doubt it is just about looks but I wouldn't mind, I am tall dark and handsome.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postgradstressedman View Post
women and sex are the end all be all whatever of existence

nothing is better than sleeping with hot girls

nothing

nothing at all

nothing I tell you

NOTHING
Meh.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Meh.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:

I'd certainly say women derive status among other women based on the perceived quality of the man they've managed to ensnare. As for the rest, well, sometimes I agree. But much of the time, I can't get over the fact that so many worthless tools enjoy such felicity. If they're getting a piece, I'd better get mine. I suppose checking out of the game would be both the easier and more enlightened course, but I've done that before and regretted it later.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I'd certainly say women derive status among other women based on the perceived quality of the man they've managed to ensnare. As for the rest, well, sometimes I agree. But much of the time, I can't get over the fact that so many worthless tools enjoy such felicity. If they're getting a piece, I'd better get mine. I suppose checking out of the game would be both the easier and more enlightened course, but I've done that before and regretted it later.
Yeah, I mean, if you're just looking to get laid, then PUA can be the way to go, for sure.

As far as enlightenment, be careful what you wish for. You may just become TOO enlightened and, ultimately, disillusioned.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:28 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And women with status go for men with looks. Not all of us need a guy for his status ok.
Nope, status. It how women are hardwired.

Tyra Banks is reportedly dating a fat, Iranian, billionaire.

Tyra Banks dating Iranian billionaire Shervin Pishevar with couple spending holidays together 'vacationing near St Barts' | Daily Mail Online

Miranda Kerr is dating a billionaire, not ugly, but she's out of his league in the looks dept.

Miranda Kerr Is Reportedly Dating Billionaire James Packer

Naomi Campbell was dating a Russian billionaire. At best these two are evenly matched in the looks dept, but I think she is still a bit out of his league.

Naomi Campbell Split? Supermodel's Romance With Vladimir Doronin On The Rocks: REPORT

What do all of these guys have in common? They are high status males.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships