Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:23 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

I sent a message to this girl on a dating site and left her my number so we can talk. So she called me but I noticed her number was blocked on the caller id and was like........."ok she probably needs to get a feel for me first before giving out her number" So we talked for the first time tonight on the phone and then after about 40 mins she was about to get ready for bed. So then I said........"Ummm can I have your contact #"

Then she went through this whole thing about how she had scary experiences with guys she met through the site and would rather meet me face to face before giving her me her number. So now I am going to sleep on this and will most likely wake up and decide I no longer have interest. I thought the purpose of talking to someone the first time on the phone was to determine if you WANT to give the guy your number.

And I don't think she understands that she is not the only woman on the site and once someone who gives me her number who looks just as good as her or better I am moving on lol Something won't allow me to meet a woman face to face if I don't have their contact number so we probably won't meet.

Any other guys come across any paranoid women like this online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 12:30 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I sent a message to this girl on a dating site and left her my number so we can talk. So she called me but I noticed her number was blocked on the caller id and was like........."ok she probably needs to get a feel for me first before giving out her number" So we talked for the first time tonight on the phone and then after about 40 mins she was about to get ready for bed. So then I said........"Ummm can I have your contact #"

Then she went through this whole thing about how she had scary experiences with guys she met through the site and would rather meet me face to face before giving her me her number. So now I am going to sleep on this and will most likely wake up and decide I no longer have interest. I thought the purpose of talking to someone the first time on the phone was to determine if you WANT to give the guy your number.

And I don't think she understands that she is not the only woman on the site and once someone who gives me her number who looks just as good as her or better I am moving on lol Something won't allow me to meet a woman face to face if I don't have their contact number so we probably won't meet.

Any other guys come across any paranoid women like this online?
I think you are being a bit of a jerk...but if that's your comfort zone....be honest and break off contact and let her know why. She has her comfort level and if you can't handle that you areally both better off.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:33 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
I don't think she is overly paranoid. She told you about her scary experiences with guys she met through the site, and I can understand that she is more cautious now. Give her a little more time. Make her more comfortable with yourself. There are many weird, wacky sickos on the Internet.
Sometimes 40 minutes of a nice talk is not enough to gain a trust. If she is nice and you are interested, just let her go her pace.
If such little things are red flags, you might be eliminating some potentially good dates.
Someone who is eager to give you phone number right away, might be not very picky, or just desperate, either way - not sure if a better dating material...

Last edited by elnina; 02-01-2015 at 12:43 AM..

Old 02-01-2015, 12:38 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I don't think she is overly paranoid. She told you about her scary experiences with guys she met through the site, and I can understand that she is more cautious now. Give her a little more time. Make her more comfortable with yourself. There are many weird, wacky sickos on the Internet.
Sometimes 40 minutes of a nice talk is not enough to gain a trust. If she is nice and you are interested, just let her go her pace...
If such little things are red flags, you might be eliminating some potentially good dates.
Agreed. Not like she was unreasonable to the point she didn't want to give her number or meet you for some months or weeks or something. She just wants to meet in person where you can get a better feel of someone through their expressions and body language. Trust is not something many people just easily throw around.

But, if you think she's paranoid, and her pace is too slow for you, just tell her you think it's best if you 2 don't meet up, and focus on meeting other people.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I think you are being a bit of a jerk...but if that's your comfort zone....be honest and break off contact and let her know why. She has her comfort level and if you can't handle that you areally both better off.
If I can text someone on the way to meet them then it's no point in meeting the person.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Sometimes 40 minutes of a nice talk is not enough to gain a trust. If she is nice and you are interested, just let her go her pace.
Someone who is eager to give you phone number right away, might be not very picky, or just desperate, either way - not sure if a better dating material...

Someone who gives me their number does so after several messages on the site not because they are desperate.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Lol! I admire your dedication to online dating

Old 02-01-2015, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Lol! I admire your dedication to online dating
The feedback from this site has been kind of wacky

One girl from chicago sends me her number

Another girl from PA is too scared to

When she was ending the conversation I was letting her know indirectly that we need to talk longer the next time because that's the only way you will be comfortable with me. But I can myself talking on the phone with one girl and she beeps in with her "unknown caller" and I will be like....."whatever"

lol

Old 02-01-2015, 12:57 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The feedback from this site has been kind of wacky

One girl from chicago sends me her number

Another girl from PA is too scared to

lol

OMG!! Two people who are different?!!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-01-2015, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
OMG!! Two people who are different?!!!!

Yup, one is normal and the one is wacky lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships