Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 08:13 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times

Advertisements

When I leave home and my wife isn't in the home, I only lock the door knob. That way when she gets home she only has to unlock one lock to get inside. If she's in the house when I leave, I lock both the door knob and the dead bolt behind me.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-06-2015 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: Corrected typo in thread title for OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 09:36 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times
I often walk up to him randomly and just give him a hug and kiss. There are lots of other little things we both do regularly to show our love. He makes our bed every morning which I greatly appreciate. I typically cook a healthy dinner every night as a way to show him I care about him and love him. Sometimes I'll surprise him with a special treat from the grocery store. Sometimes he'll offer to pick up dinner when he knows I've had a frantic work day. Lots and lots of little things that add up.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:26 AM

535 posts, read 515,808 times
Small physical affection throughout the day, short notes or little stickers in his work bag sometimes, get his clothes ready for work, make sure his phone is charged, tell him or text him that I love him, text him funny things..

Old 02-06-2015, 12:06 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
When he is telling me about his day, I stop whatever I'm doing and really listen. I try not to criticize, judge, or give advice unless he specificially is asking me my opinion. This is hard for me to do, it takes a real efgort on my part. LOL.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:11 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
I still occasionally bring home some flowers for my wife, for no particular reason at all.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:38 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I still occasionally bring home some flowers for my wife, for no particular reason at all.
Cuuuuuuuute!!!

Old 02-06-2015, 12:46 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
I normally wake up first so I arrange her slippers to be facing away from the bed so she can just slide her feet in instead of moving them around with her feet to walk out of bed.

Flowers for no special occasion really.

Hiding silly notes that don't necessarily have to be about romance. For example, we like chocolate-covered raisins and I make fun of her because of how she opens the jar, punches through the paper lid instead of taking it all off, and starts eating them. I playfully asked before "So who's the one who opened this?" we just laugh about it. One day we ran out of that snack so I bought another one and wrote a message on the paper lid and then put the cover on it back so when she took the metal lid off she would read "Aha! Gotcha! I knew you would be the one punching a hole in this paper lid! Look around. I am recording you with a hidden camera...just kidding. Punch your way in there and enjoy them. Luv U"

I pack her lunch in the mornings before we take off to school/work so there are times when I will hide a note in her lunch box. It could be a romantic note or just a silly one. I got a napkin and wrote something like "A gorgeous girl will be wiping her pretty lips with this napkin".

Surprise visit her at work or school with her favorite drink.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:51 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times
Random acts such as writing " I love you" on a post it, and sticking it on the windshield of her car/ bedroom window. Being intuitive, and knowing if it's a conversation where I should just listen. I always keep my hand on her, whenever she sleeps, in order for her to feel safe in her dreams. I have done that ever since I was jarred awake because she was having a nightmare.

When I can tell she needs to take one, I will surprise her by setting up weekends away. Now we do it every month. Even though I fought against doing it, I have come to appreciate the pampering you get from a Spa weekend. Couples massage, facials, mani/pedicures, great healthy meals with great wine, the ability to fully relax, always makes her month.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:54 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Hint to guys: Cleaning our car thoroughly makes us VERY happy!

Old 02-06-2015, 12:58 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
When it is cold, snowy and nasty out he drives me to work so I don't have to deal with parking and walking in it. I always appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships