Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:57 PM

535 posts, read 518,127 times

Advertisements

But I guess you mean, by being honest you can't get what you want in the same way that you can at Mcdonald's. so you "can't" be honest. I can HANDLE what you say, it doesn't mean I'm going to GIVE YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT. I find it unbelievable that you don't see the difference. :/

I simply don't believe the majority of men believe women should be like a fast food place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 11:02 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,164,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfICould View Post
I didn't say tell me all the nice stuff. I said be honest. I know what honesty means. Thank you for the clarification. That's why I said I differ from people of my gender at times. I know you hate when girls say "I'm not like other girls" but I guess you said it, in this way I'm different.

And I think people in general can't deal with honesty. Men would be hurt if women said and did similar things to what men do..(and that definietly does happen). So shut up about how women are too sensitive. They use that sensitivity to be nice to you as well, so don't knock it.
Honesty doesn't preclude tact though. Kindness and honesty are not mutually exclusive. If for some people, being honest means they are rude and hurtful, then yes, I'd rather know that, so I can weed them out.

Honesty doesn't mean acting on every raw emotion or expressing every passing thought either.

Which is the genuine "me"?
The temporary emotion I currently feel or my cultivated values?
The thought that pops up in my head in a moment or the principles I believe in and strive to adhere to?
Well, both are me, and neither is dishonest. But I believe the best "genuine me" is what I should offer others, not my lowest form, even if it's candid at times.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,342,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Ill start off first

I am a guy

I think more women should be more upfront in regards to showing interest

Please no arguments or debates

Just tell us how you feel,share
I am a guy

I think women should stop trying to change men. Also, if you're a woman who tries to start a conversation with me and I don't reciprocate. That's a sign you should move on. Pushy women turn me off.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:15 AM

8,925 posts, read 7,767,347 times
I'm a pretty straight forward and honest person.

In my experience I would like guys to tell me the truth about what they want instead of BSing around. "I've never seen a face that pretty." "You have a sexy smile." "You're special." Blah Blah.....every guy that has ever said that to me turned out to only have intentions to hit it and quit it. I allowed myself to be manipulated so much by compliments and sweet gestures in the past. Not anymore.

I don't go around falling for every guy I meet. When I do, it happens naturally. I prefer a guy talk to me like a normal person, that way there is no pressure when we hang out. If we like each other and want to see more of each other, cool. If not, we move on. Head games just create conflict and makes things worse. They only lie because they think it's going to get them what they want.

So basically I just prefer straight up honesty, no ambiguity or games.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:34 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,428,589 times
Careful with the teeth

Old 02-13-2015, 05:42 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,426,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I'm a pretty straight forward and honest person.

In my experience I would like guys to tell me the truth about what they want instead of BSing around. "I've never seen a face that pretty." "You have a sexy smile." "You're special." Blah Blah.....every guy that has ever said that to me turned out to only have intentions to hit it and quit it. I allowed myself to be manipulated so much by compliments and sweet gestures in the past. Not anymore.

I don't go around falling for every guy I meet. When I do, it happens naturally. I prefer a guy talk to me like a normal person, that way there is no pressure when we hang out. If we like each other and want to see more of each other, cool. If not, we move on. Head games just create conflict and makes things worse. They only lie because they think it's going to get them what they want.

So basically I just prefer straight up honesty, no ambiguity or games.

its quite possible that men are telling you the truth, but often alot of times some women have selective hearing

Old 02-13-2015, 05:48 AM

26,711 posts, read 41,902,617 times
Women, men are not mind readers g$&damn it! We don't do well with context clues, tone of voice and things of the like. If something is bothering you, be up front and clear about it.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:49 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,828,264 times
I am a woman.

I want to tell men that not all women are alike or are like whatever assumptions/cliches you may have about women as a whole. We are unique individuals and just as individual with varying tastes, desires, experiences, temperaments, personalities, etc and are just as different from each other as you are from other men.

That said, I know you can say the same about women who do the same about men, but the thread didn't ask me that.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:56 AM

26,711 posts, read 41,902,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I can only speak from my own perspective also. At risk of sounding defensive...

Try to woo me. Create some sparks. Talk to me like a human. For heaven's sake - flirt a little. I won't have interest to act on if you don't, because odds are, you aren't stunningly handsome. I can't read your mind either, so make your intentions clear.

Stunningly handsome men make me nervous. Women are intimidated by good looks too. Some of us get shy around men we find attractive, even if we are not normally shy.

I am normally shy and quiet. Not all women are gushy and warm and talkative. If you want that, okay, but don't unfairly peg me as a rude b itch because I am not that way. Some women take longer to warm up, but it may be worth it.

I don't want to be your mom. I don't want your babies. I don't want your money. I probably won't want to marry you. So chill out.

I don't want to be a trophy. I already have a life. I have opinions, beliefs, ideas, etc. Show some interest in it. I'm not going to drop my friends, family, work, etc, to fit neatly into your existing life. Accommodation and compromise has to go both ways. I need admiration too, and for more than my looks.

Don't be angry at me or all of womankind if Im not romantically interested in you. That's my prerogative, not an insult to you.

Lastly, women vary so much that maybe it's best to just look for one where you have a more natural understanding of one another, or resign yourself to taking risks and using good communication to avoid and solve misunderstanding.
Define angry. Would you consider it anger if you turn me down I choose not to be friends with you and move on? A lot of women consider that to be a dastardly sin.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:23 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,086,717 times
Great insight yeah we are different we cant generalize one sex or the other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships