Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 11:22 AM

376 posts, read 317,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well if they're forever alone then they never dated at all or at least have no plans to ever date, so there is no dating advice to give or receive, and no reason for them to be in a romantic relationship forum having this discussion.

They decided to remove themselves and not date. It doesn't mean they weren't desireable, they just chose not to date. I know a rather stunning redhead asexual like this, she just has no interest. For her it wasn't a choice, but for non asexuals it is.
"Forever alone" is an internet phrase and I'm pretty sure you know what it means. It's used a catch-all to describe a variety of situations.

Believe me, I run in those circles online and, although we don't have all the relevant info, this guy is one of them.

Beyond that, the OP asked how to cope with his being alone from here on out, as that scenario does not seem to be in question in OP's mind.

I am simply commenting that the woman responding to him, who is a 10/10, is not only not answering the OP, she's giving him advice that, again, amounts to "just be confident, bro. Hit the gym, yo"

No only is it off-topic, it couldn't be more useless to a guy like the OP, who may as well be living on a different planet as that commenter, given their respective experiences.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:27 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
"Forever alone" is an internet phrase and I'm pretty sure you know what it means. It's used a catch-all to describe a variety of situations.
No, sorry, never heard it as a phrase until this thread. But, there are loads of things I've never heard of that are apparently "things" on the internet that are idiotic, like Pick Up Artist junk and Mens Rights Advocacy. Bizarre stuff.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysky444 View Post
How does one determine they are a "forever alone" guy at 33?
Look for the buzzwords like "chronically single." Again, this is going to the heart of why any advice you give him is useless. You can't even imagine this scenario, much less know what to do if you were in it.

You are the most desirable commodity in the dating pool, he is the least desirable. Luckily OP hasn't come back in a while because if it were me, I would chew you a new one.

For me, your advice goes beyond irrelevant and ventures into the territory of being insulting. Coming from the most privileged class of dater, to the least privileged, your advice amounts to: "c'mon dude, it's not THAT hard?!?! Here's my experience of being in relationships and being desired by multiple people my entire life. Just man up, bro."

Old 02-18-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
No, sorry, never heard it as a phrase until this thread. But, there are loads of things I've never heard of that are apparently "things" on the internet that are idiotic, like Pick Up Artist junk and Mens Rights Advocacy. Bizarre stuff.
"Forever aloners" refers to a class of people, the vast majority of which are men, who have absolutely no success with dating and relationships.

Like I said, it's sort of a catchall term used to describe a variety of situations: painfully shy, nerdy, depressed, low self-esteem, socially awkward, somewhere on the Aspergers spectrum, short, or even just plain ugly.

A forever aloner is the type of guy who starts the "given up on dating" threads.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:31 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Look for the buzzwords like "chronically single." Again, this is going to the heart of why any advice you give him is useless. You can't even imagine this scenario, much less know what to do if you were in it.

You are the most desirable commodity in the dating pool, he is the least desirable. Luckily OP hasn't come back in a while because if it were me, I would chew you a new one.

For me, your advice goes beyond irrelevant and ventures into the territory of being insulting. Coming from the most privileged class of dater, to the least privileged, your advice amounts to: "c'mon dude, it's not THAT hard?!?! Here's my experience of being in relationships and being desired by multiple people my entire life. Just man up, bro."
Who appointed you Supreme Grand Poobah of Advice? She can give him any advice she pleases. He can take it or not, as he sees fit.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
"Forever aloners" refers to a class of people, the vast majority of which are men, who have absolutely no success with dating and relationships.

Like I said, it's sort of a catchall term used to describe a variety of situations: painfully shy, nerdy, depressed, low self-esteem, socially awkward, somewhere on the Aspergers spectrum, short, or even just plain ugly.

A forever aloner is the type of guy who starts the "given up on dating" threads.

Well, except for aspergers, which is a medical condition, all these people need therapists as there is no reason not to date unless they made that choice. And I suspect they all suffer from depression, so that needs to be addressed .There a plenty of shy, nerdy, short, awkward, ugly (and multiples) that date successfully. I see them all around when I go out. I think sometimes its the majority of society that fits in one of these buckets.

And going to a relationship forum when you don't want to have a relationship and claiming it is just plain weird.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Well, except for aspergers, which is a medical condition, all these people need therapists as there is no reason not to date unless they made that choice. And I suspect they all suffer from depression, so that needs to be addressed .There a plenty of shy, nerdy, short, awkward, ugly (and multiples) that date successfully. I see them all around when I go out. I think sometimes its the majority of society that fits in one of these buckets.

And going to a relationship forum when you don't want to have a relationship and claiming it is just plain weird.
I must say, your unwarranted optimism really doesn't sit right with me, along with your tendency to invalidate other's experiences out of hand because you can't identify with them.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I must say, your unwarranted optimism really doesn't sit right with me, along with your tendency to invalidate other's experiences out of hand because you can't identify with them.

Exactly the opposite. I can identify with them. I lived them. It was called being depressed. That was my life for far too many dark years. I was depressed, fat, losing my hair, bad skin, and had a crappy job. Then I decided to make a change and fix my life. It was that or die.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:54 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
They decided to remove themselves and not date. It doesn't mean they weren't desireable, they just chose not to date. I know a rather stunning redhead asexual like this, she just has no interest. For her it wasn't a choice, but for non asexuals it is.
Clearly you are deluded. There is hardly anything that I want more.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Clearly you are deluded. There is hardly anything that I want more.

Then go do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships