Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:57 PM

5 posts, read 4,837 times

Advertisements

Okay so maybe I owe it to give a little more background, sorry.

First off, the reason why I posted this question is because I wanted a little clarity as to why I don't have a boyfriend so to understand the reason not to rectify it but to just to KNOW.

So that the next time someone asks me about it I don't end up feeling like maybe THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

It's not like I WANT ONE, to be honest I find the idea of me spending my life reveling solitude, ideal.
It's just that there are times when I can't help but ask why I'm not with anyone or at the very least have the option to be with anyone.

I have data but I don't know what to make out of them, thus need your help to get at least an inklink.

Comments from family, friends, and people I know:
1. My cousin thinks I'm lesbian, I don't know why[in high school I was obsessed with khakki pants, lose shirts and I braided my hair ]
2.My sister often tells people I'm a man-hater, some of my friends also thought this[I'm not]
3.I get comments like I'm intimidating [don't know what they mean]
4.Some say I'm too quiet that I often keep to myself
5. I don't beat around the bushes[you ask me a question answerable by a yes or no, I will answer with either yes or no, unless you want additional input, I will not provide in fear of wasting your time ]

There are times when people ask if I have a boyfriend, I answer no, they ask, again, if I ever had one, I reply no then this is often when they retaliate with "why?" accompanied by a judging look that makes me feel like I'm some criminal, like its the most unnatural thing.

There were a couples of guys I liked but I never did anything about it and the reason I never did was not just because I was too shy but also because I thought it wouldn't go anywhere and if by some chance he did like me back I thought he deserved someone better than me for him, I wasn't even bitter about it.
When I found out he has a girlfriend, I felt happy and wished them to be truly, and eternally happy.

There were times when classmates[back in college] would ask me nicely to accompany him/them a snack, say things like you're cute and things like that, some asked if we could date but I thought they were just playing with me so I politely shrugged it off as a joke.

Haha...there was even an instance during a field trip where everyone was off shopping for ethnic stuff except for him and I, he asked me to walk with him, enjoy the view then out of nowhere he said "Hey, I only asked you to come with me so that you wouldn't be alone"...,wtf

Guys in my class were always nice to the point where I felt like they were doing their best not to **** me off, it was as if they thought I was a bomb.[I felt like a child]

When I was younger I wanted to be a nun because then at least I wouldn't have to make excuses about not having a boyfriend but then I realized my reason was too shallow and I'd be disrespecting the vocation and the people devoted to it.
So I dismissed the idea.

General info:
1.I'm Asian [It's not uncommon to be timid]
2.I look like a typical asian girl, a bit taller
So what do you guys think?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for the comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 11:17 PM

37,807 posts, read 46,321,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimGrene View Post
I'm 23 and I've never ever had a boyfriend, why?
How would we know?

Old 02-18-2015, 11:26 PM

914 posts, read 769,465 times
Quote:
I'm 23 and I've never ever had a boyfriend, why?
Because you ask random strangers questions that are impossible to answer on the net.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 PM

62,163 posts, read 88,053,652 times
Quote:

I have data but I don't know what to make out of them, thus need your help to get at least an inklink.

1. My cousin thinks I'm lesbian, I don't know why[in high school I was obsessed with khakki pants, lose shirts and I braided my hair ]
2.My sister often tells people I'm a man-hater, some of my friends also thought this[I'm not]
5. I don't beat around the bushes[you ask me a question answerable by a yes or no, I will answer with either yes or no, unless you want additional input, I will not provide in fear of wasting your time ]
^^^ Those are probable reasons. Try to change your look, work on your people skills.

Quote:
General info:

^^^ 1-2 irrelevant. Go back to 1-5 and work on that.
Good luck!

Old 02-19-2015, 04:50 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,426,721 times
Quote:

First off, the reason why I posted this question is because I wanted a little clarity as to why I don't have a boyfriend so to understand the reason not to rectify it but to just to KNOW.

So that the next time someone asks me about it I don't end up feeling like maybe THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG.

It's not like I WANT ONE, to be honest I find the idea of me spending my life reveling solitude, ideal.
It's just that there are times when I can't help but ask why I'm not with anyone or at the very least have the option to be with anyone.

There are times when people ask if I have a boyfriend, I answer no, they ask, again, if I ever had one, I reply no then this is often when they retaliate with "why?" accompanied by a judging look that makes me feel like I'm some criminal, like its the most unnatural thing.

There were a couples of guys I liked but I never did anything about it and the reason I never did was not just because I was too shy but also because I thought it wouldn't go anywhere and if by some chance he did like me back I thought he deserved someone better than me for him, I wasn't even bitter about it.
When I found out he has a girlfriend, I felt happy and wished them to be truly, and eternally happy.

There were times when classmates[back in college] would ask me nicely to accompany him/them a snack, say things like you're cute and things like that, some asked if we could date but I thought they were just playing with me so I politely shrugged it off as a joke.

Haha...there was even an instance during a field trip where everyone was off shopping for ethnic stuff except for him and I, he asked me to walk with him, enjoy the view then out of nowhere he said "Hey, I only asked you to come with me so that you wouldn't be alone"...,wtf

Guys in my class were always nice to the point where I felt like they were doing their best not to **** me off, it was as if they thought I was a bomb.[I felt like a child]

When I was younger I wanted to be a nun because then at least I wouldn't have to make excuses about not having a boyfriend but then I realized my reason was too shallow and I'd be disrespecting the vocation and the people devoted to it.
So I dismissed the idea.

General info:

D. Nile River (that life of solitude mumbo jumbo is soon forgotten once that person comes along and makes you feel all kinds of emotion you never experienced before)

since you mentioned youre asian, i will just wait for a certain person to chime in

Old 02-19-2015, 12:22 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,252,029 times
Quote:
I think you might have figured it out on your own here. If you come off as lesbian, and especially if you come off as butch or manly, guys are not going to show any sort of interest.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:23 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,272,037 times
Maybe you're just not very attractive.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:18 PM

34 posts, read 41,514 times
Quote:

So I dismissed the idea.

General info:

in your age, no. 1 feature is look. Men like shy women, assertive women, they like tall women, small, awkward, social, silly, smart... provided she is pretty. Many people here asked you for photo. Guess why?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:07 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,870,105 times
These kinds of stereotypes go around regardless, you have to learn not to let them bother you and put people in their place when they disrespect you blatantly. Enjoy your time single, because it'd be much worse to waste your life with one person or several people you don't want to be with.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:00 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,268,007 times
Definitely work on your social skills. When someone asks you a question, for example, don't just reply back with short answers unless you want to appear cold and uninterested; doing this will turn off most guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships