Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 03:33 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,892 times

Advertisements

The other thing is, women sometimes complain about how they go down the street and get people whistling at them etc. Men don't normally experience that, at least I don't.

But again the most sexually popular people are the attractive extroverts of both genders.

11,162 posts, read 7,632,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I think a lot of 50 year old women are hot. I mean assuming they are in shape. Katheryn Bigelow is a major hottie and she's in her early 60s. She's the director of Zero Dark Thirty etc. She looks like she's in her 30s. A little tall for me I admit, but very attractive. And of course there's Joan Jett, Sigourney Weaver, Joan Baez, Helen Mirren etc.

I saw a craigslist ad recently in the casual encounters section, it said 70 year old woman who still enjoys sex. She had a nude pic of herself, no face in the pic (casual encounters section). And wow. From the neck down she like she was in her 40s, maybe 50. She probably got a lot of responses.
Stevie Nicks is 67 and super hot. Heck, I would do her.

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
Sure they do. They can go ahead and approach who they like.

That's why I never get this debate because it seems so obvious to me that women have far more options and hold almost all the cards.

A man has 1 option: approach.

A woman has 2 options: approach or sit back and wait.

A guy who sits back and waits is certainly going to die alone, unless he is exceptional in some way.
And get rejected just like a man. All the guys I had interest in, I talked to, and tried being nice and sociable. None of them liked me back. Some would out right laugh at and/or talk about me. So I held no cards, as those guys never dealt me any.

So again, women hold no more cards than men, unless guys are putting them on pedestals, and constantly kissing their asses and letting them do as they please. In which case, that's the guy's fault. If you take crap from people, you'll get trampled on. o

Old 02-20-2015, 03:35 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I'm not successful with women. Never said I was. What a crock. I get by, usually. That's not success.

Do you work? Have you worked? I do. I look around. I see that most of the guys here that are 300# (there are always some) are happily married. The guys with thick glasses and 5'3"? Happily married.

And I really have no idea how people have "long strings of rejections" constantly, unless they approach dating in some bizarre way. Some people have an occasional bad streak, but for every woman that has success, there is a guy having success. It's the way it works (for heteros).

I'm average to below average. Bald. Glasses. Broke. Rarely had a car (most of my adult life) and not a great body. Yet, I date. It's not hard. And I'm dorky, and often awkward, its still not hard. Challenging at times, sure, but not hard.
Correction: it works that way and is easy for you but it doesn't work that way nor is easy for a significant number of men. One day you will come to the realization that your experiences are not indicative of the experiences of all men. Its rather arrogant of you to keep telling everyone, myself included, that we are all wrong.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:35 PM

376 posts, read 317,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
And get rejected just like a man. All the guys I had interest in, I talked to, and tried being nice and sociable. None of them liked me back. Some would out right laugh at and/or talk about me.

So again, women hold no more cards than men, unless guys are putting them on pedestals, and constantly kissing their asses and letting them do as they please. In which case, that's the guy's fault. If you take crap from people, you'll get trampled on. Let someone treat you like crap, and they will.
Then I'll tell you the same thing that all the men with the same problem get told: you're shooting out of your league. Lower your standards. If you got laughed at, you were shooting WAY out of your league.

Women hold OBJECTIVELY more cards than men. They have 2 options, whereas men have 1.

2 > 1

Old 02-20-2015, 03:43 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,035,584 times
This just sounds like more ramblings from someone who has never stopped to think that HE might be the problem, not "women" and "society" and "dating" and "the game".

Old 02-20-2015, 03:46 PM

376 posts, read 317,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
This just sounds like more ramblings from someone who has never stopped to think that HE might be the problem, not "women" and "society" and "dating" and "the game".
I realize what my own problems are.

That does not mean that there are not external problems that are independent of me.

I'm not the only person in the world saying that there is something wrong with dating/mating/gender relations as they stand in the modern era.

I've been tremendously honest in this thread, but I guess I should expect the derision of keyboard warriors and internet guttersnipes. I am a man, after all.

By the way, you'll notice I didn't write the article in the OP. It details the experiences of a woman, shame on me for assuming that was apparent.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:49 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,449,689 times
Quote:
A man has 1 option: approach.

A woman has 2 options: approach or sit back and wait.
/thread

Old 02-20-2015, 03:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:

That does not mean that there are not external problems that are independent of me.

I'm not the only person in the world saying that there is something wrong with dating/mating/gender relations as they stand in the modern era.

I've been tremendously honest in this thread, but I guess I should expect the derision of keyboard warriors and internet guttersnipes. I am a man, after all.

By the way, you'll notice I didn't write the article in the OP. It details the experiences of a woman, shame on me for assuming that was apparent.
The disdain that people on here feel for you has nothing to do with you being a man. At least, that's not why I feel disdain for you.

And the problem that the majority of us have with the whole article is that it is impossible for a straight woman to accurately experience the dating world as a straight man.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:53 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,632,742 times
Quote:

Saying there is "something wrong with dating/mating/gender relations" makes it sound as though you are suggesting there is some sort of unfairness which needs to be addressed. What do you suggest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships