Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 07:24 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times

Advertisements

What do you guys think about dating a single dad? Please share experiences and weather you would or would not consider dating a single dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 07:43 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
I thought you just posted you were taking a break from dating....
(oh, I misread your post....you did say "What do all you 'guys' think about dating a single dad?"
Should be some interesting responses.
LOL

Old 03-14-2015, 08:03 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
No I was just thinking about taking a break (probably will). I just want to hear everyone's responses about this subject out of curiosity because I doubt I will be open to single dads in the future.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:15 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
What do you guys think about dating a single dad? Please share experiences and weather you would or would not consider dating a single dad.
So far I've never dated one. It would depend on the circumstances. If everything else about him was great and he only had one kid, I might consider it.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:27 PM

105 posts, read 169,605 times
I have a friend who is a single dad and for some reason he gets more dates now then when he was single guy with no child. I think a lot of girls find a guy who is a good father extremely attractive because it shows he is responsible. It is almost the reverse for a single mom as most guys avoid them like the plague.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Yes I would.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:03 PM

403 posts, read 597,908 times
I'm 19 and don't want kids so this would be a deal breaker for me. However, if I was older (lates 20's+) and actually wanted kids, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:55 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
When I was younger I probably would not have considered it. I think the way I was and still am to a much smaller degree (needy, clingy, jealous) I would have selfishly expected the man to spend more time with me than his kids and (I hate to admit this...) would have felt threatened by them. I know that is a very childish way to be. Now, at my age it is probably unavoidable as most men around my age have been married and have at least one child. I agree about the responsible part someone mentioned above and I think you can learn a lot about the type of person you are with when you see the way they parent their kid(s). If they are impatient or act mean to their own children in any way, I sure would not want to be around them. And chances are, they will probably be more so with me if they treat their own blood that way. It is kind of like what I have always heard about being able to tell how a man treats the woman he is going with by the way he treats his mom.
And my own daughter has little to do with me now (a result of when I used to drink) and it would be nice to have children around for me to love, should I date someone with kids and we become serious. Kids add so much to life and I miss that time of my life when my child and I did things together and I watched her grow.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:19 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
single dads

you would think he would be a little more mature than a single guy with no responsibilities,,,in fact,,, the ladys (being natural nesters themselves) pick up on the many little things a single father does or does not do,,,that will be an indicator for a possible long term relationship

the whole step mother thing is often overblown as long as the stepmother or girlfriend is so self centered , she doesn't realize the father has to be with the kid,,,it shouldn't be either/or

a good woman appreciates a doting responsible father,,,,gives them insight to possible long term

you can also learn a lot very quickly about the guy,,,, if he makes excuses for everything, or blames the mother for everything,,,those are red flags

Old 03-15-2015, 08:07 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Well i have dated several and they tend to not be available during conventional times due to visitation schedules. Also
The mothers frown upon the fathers bringing them around other women. And the men tend to be broke.

With that said, i do hang out with a single dad. We dont see each other often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships