Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:26 AM

609 posts, read 615,549 times

Advertisements

I've noticed this double standard lately. A man who dates many women (or sleeps with many women) having issue with one of the women he is dating dating other men or sleeping with them. Hypocritical much?
Let's say they are not in a relationship (they just go on dates casually) and he gets insanely angry and jealous at the thought of her with someone else (even just talking to another male who is interested in her).
Where does this come from? Talk about you can't eat your cake and have it too.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
You just noticed this?

Old 03-18-2015, 09:33 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I've noticed this double standard lately. A man who dates many women (or sleeps with many women) having issue with one of the women he is dating dating other men or sleeping with them. Hypocritical much?
Let's say they are not in a relationship (they just go on dates casually) and he gets insanely angry and jealous at the thought of her with someone else (even just talking to another male who is interested in her).

I've noticed a double standard lately. A man or woman who dates many woman or men (or sleeps with many women or men) having issue with one of the women or men she or he is dating, dating other women or men, or sleeping with them. Hypocritical much?

Let's just say they are not in a relationship (they just go on dates casually) and she or he gets insanely angry and jealous at the thought of her or him with someone else (even just talking to another female or male who is interested in her or him).

Notice how easy it is to change the words so it is not specific to gender bashing?

This is not an issue that is limited to either gender, both do it, both have always done it, both will continue to do it. Life goes on and no unequal bashing of either gender has ensued.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You just noticed this?
I've noticed it in an extreme way. One guy saw my phone ring and a name of (actually a platonic gay friend) came up and he started to get fussy and have issue with the idea that he wasn't the only one in my life...when he himself didn't take me that seriously. It made me really annoyed. You either want something serious from me or you don't but you let me be and live my life how I want to.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

Notice how easy it is to change the words so it is not specific to gender bashing?

This is not an issue that is limited to either gender, both do it, both have always done it, both will continue to do it. Life goes on and no unequal bashing of either gender has ensued.
"gender bashing"

people on this forum are so sensitive

Oh yes men and women are EXACTLY alike. Down to the very molecule.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:37 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
Hi RoseLikeAnyOther.....
We have similar posting names

I agree that women can have this kind of behavior as well. Because you are a woman who is just affected by this kind of behavior, you may notice it more.
Either way, man or woman, it is not fair to expect your mate to be completely faithful if one is not capable of being faithful his or herself. In fact, better to do what's right and that is to end the relationship so that the other person is free to do what they want to do and not be misled into thinking they are with someone who is in love with and devoted to them.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:52 AM

I'm not saying women don't also exhibit this behavior. I was just talking about men. Because I feel like it's different as far as where it comes from. Why they are like that.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:53 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You just noticed this?
This is exactly what I wanted to say. You just beat me to it.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:03 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
That's anybody.

If you are not mature or stable enough in the head don't get involved with people to begin with. Problem solved. A lot of people need to realize regardless people are gonna do what the hell they want. If they have a problem with it then they don't need to get involved with anyone period. If someone comes along and is willing to make a commitment to that person can either go along with it or walk away, and it's up to them to honor that commitment. Bottom line: it's their choice.

Same goes for folks who have casual sex or date casually. It's just the way folks are. I do agree I have come across a lot of men who think that way but I have come across a lot of women that way as well. Some people want others to be strictly monogamous while others want to sleep around. Depends on the person. Find someone who shares the same values as you and you'll be just fine.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:05 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
What is your definition of sleeping with a lot of men? 5? 10? 50? 250?

Also Men have have the same issue. You can't poop where you eat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships