Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:06 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
I'm saying that I think you would get butterflies over a more aloof guy that appeared to like you less than you liked him and one that was not avaliable or obviously interested in ltr. This current guy has shown you his whole deck...and all cards are on the table. Butterflies flutter away after the honeymoon period too. Maybe you should be honest with yourself about what you really want.
It sometimes seems like you need to be completely mysterious and a bit of aloof, which makes zero sense, lol. Seems like you can be penalized for having all your **** together, and putting all your cards out on the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 06:12 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
It sometimes seems like you need to be completely mysterious and a bit of aloof, which makes zero sense, lol. Seems like you can be penalized for having all your **** together, and putting all your cards out on the table.
It's only a penalty, so to speak, if you're currently dating a woman who likes mystery and drama.

If you're with a woman who WANTS all the cards on the table and is not interested in games, you're golden.

The challenge of dating is finding someone you want who also wants you.

Of course, most experienced people know that having sex too early in the scenario clouds your judgment and blinds you to potential red flags.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:21 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
People who are emotionally stable don't go from devastated over a breakup and thinking sex without emotion is a terrible thing to dating and having casual sex on the second date.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:53 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,454 times
OP, I know you feel everyone on the board is ganging up on you.

There is a reason everyone is giving you the same advice. You are acting like a teenage *****...Your heart is one place ready for suicide next week bedding someone you hardly know. What part of this is seen as OK with you. You are correct, we do not know you or your life, but people being upset about your wanting to kill yourself negates the people who say it and really need help. You were crying for attention in the worse possible way. Sleeping with someone you don't love is using them in the worse way. How would you feel if the tables were turned and he slept with you (just for the fun of it) and found out it had no meaning for you other than a romp in the hay. It looks like this guy is looking for a real relationship and is lonely. You need to look at this from an adult point of view and quit playing games......You get what you portray and you are portraying yourself as being very infantile to everyone on this forum. You should not expect us to take seriously what you are just playing with....That is the reason you are not getting the answers you want....GROW UP!!!

Old 03-24-2015, 04:21 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskandaisy View Post
Because I dont know his personality that well yet? We had sex pretty soon, we both wanted to and it was fun. I'm confused why you're confused?
So are the two of you having sex to fulfill your needs? This is a form of using each-other.

If I did not want to lead a guy on, I certainly would not have sex with him.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:31 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
OP, I know you feel everyone on the board is ganging up on you.

There is a reason everyone is giving you the same advice. You are acting like a teenage *****...Your heart is one place ready for suicide next week bedding someone you hardly know. What part of this is seen as OK with you. You are correct, we do not know you or your life, but people being upset about your wanting to kill yourself negates the people who say it and really need help. You were crying for attention in the worse possible way. Sleeping with someone you don't love is using them in the worse way. How would you feel if the tables were turned and he slept with you (just for the fun of it) and found out it had no meaning for you other than a romp in the hay. It looks like this guy is looking for a real relationship and is lonely. You need to look at this from an adult point of view and quit playing games......You get what you portray and you are portraying yourself as being very infantile to everyone on this forum. You should not expect us to take seriously what you are just playing with....That is the reason you are not getting the answers you want....GROW UP!!!
OP:

The type of behavior you engage in bothers me. It would bother me no matter who the person is.

I am not an object. I am a human being with thoughts and feelings. I do not want to be treated like an object. Having sex with someone you have no feelings for is treating that person like an object.

I am not a romp in the hay. I am much more than that. I conduct myself as a female who would not engage in this activity.

Game playing turns me off.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:58 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Honestly, and I haven't heard but bits and pieces of your other threads, you just got over a break up where you were super emotional and you posted some things that were really exaggerated. OK, everyone says things like that sometimes, not a huge issue.

However, you then turn around and bed down with a guy whom you've only met once online? Understand that this isn't stable behavior. You probably are emotionally unstable right now and you are in denial.

You still need to heal from your last relationship. Jumping into bed with another guy isn't going to solve these issues.

I'm not here to bash you. I just want you to think about what you're doing and I hope you come to the same conclusion that I have: a stable person doesn't do what you are doing right now. You need to take a step back from dating, and let yourself heal before jumping back out there.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:41 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times

Old 03-24-2015, 11:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
This thread is why I wish it was a site called "friendswithbenefits(dot)com

lol

Tons of fun and no aggravation

Old 03-24-2015, 11:38 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskandaisy View Post
Because I dont know his personality that well yet? We had sex pretty soon, we both wanted to and it was fun. I'm confused why you're confused?

^^^^^^That statement is not even logical on any level.

You don't know his personality but it was just fine to have sex with him?

Seriously?

If sex was so precious a week ago how come it is just "fun" now?
As much as you scream you are emotionally stable, you are NOT.

You know it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt or pregnant or both.
The best thing you could do for this guy is to walk away now before you hurt him, get pregnant or both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships