Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 10:33 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times

Advertisements

Why Women Need To Start Asking Men Out

My god talk about entitlement and generalizing

Old 03-28-2015, 10:56 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I'm game. Who wants to ask me out?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:01 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Lol, talk about entitlement issues and generalizing indeed.

I'd like to see the author of that article walk in a man's shoes for a day.

I'll just never understand it. Women wanted to be equal to a man, and nowadays, they are. However, when it comes to dating, it seems like most women want it to be old school. There should be nothing wrong with them asking out a man if they want to. This isn't the 19th-20th century or something like that anymore.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:08 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Booof'nhoo, nobody wants to ask me out

Just another btching and whining article.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:08 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Well, she does say not all men, but damn, she makes me feel embarrassed to be of her gender.

Firstly, PLENTY of men do these things:

door-holding, hand-holding, free drinks (not that I give a rat's patooty about someone buying my drink!), taking off hats, courting, smooth moves, no jackets to dinner, flowers, tables by candlelight, and dates.

My BF holds EVERY door for me. Always. Every. Single. Time. My son goes out dressed in a suit or jacket, at least once every couple of weeks, and he is at college. Flowers? Sorry - you can keep them. I like them, but I think they are a waste of money. Candlelight? Light a candle! Sheesh...just shaking my head at that article.

My gosh...she is just absurd.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:09 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,456,469 times
It is such a game with women. It is like they want you to ask them out, and you're not even into them, don't even find them attractive. Then when you do ask a woman out it is this big ordeal; like, has ANYONE ever asked you out before. A lot of women, you can't even be friends with them can't even have a straight conversation with them without them thinking that you're asking them for something more and THEY are the ones that initiated the conversation, lol! On top of this, those that are offering, or those situations just happen to come together then they pull back and want you to go after them after the fact. Then if you don't it must be due to the fact that something transpired. That isn't necessarily the case. Maybe I've compartmentalized this and there are other things that I'm not sure if I want to proceed and maybe we're just friends.

I used to just sit back and see what a woman would do. Enough of them were interested and would initiate I wasn't lacking for anything anyway. Plus the whole thing is just exhausting. Made a lot of friends; SOME of those girls I might follow up on but the majority of them, no, not really. Some girls are just comfortable going after guys they don't really want or really have anything invested into. Some girls think they're better than you are. Rare is it the girl that was really thinking about you, really staying up at night, etc. that is going to ask you out. Most girls don't really want anything, which is fine; wasn't fine then because I did go through long periods of thirst, but I learned to deal with it and move on.

I don't get it. If you want to be asked out, don't ask anyone else out! Just see what men will do. The real issue is that when women do that, they get hopeless romantics and thirsty men asking them out. They're not getting the type of men they would actually be interested in asking them out. So then they want to complain about what men aren't asking them out, when those men do not have to ask anyone out. Its like you want one guy to put in work he doesn't have to put in, when some other girl is working him or perhaps he is chasing the girl that he really wants, and you're not it.

Women have figured out that it is a lot of work. You put yourself on the line. You open yourself up to rejection. And society teaches women that they don't have to endure rejection, especially if other things are involved a man should automatically want you, based on what you've done, etc. Society automatically sets women up for failure. Back in the day I might talk to 10, 20, 40 women, maybe 10, or 15 of them some type of continual conversation, maybe 3 of them as friends maybe I don't do anything with any of them or maybe I do and it doesn't work out. And you start that process all over again, or maybe I don't. It isn't easy when your heart is into it.

In retrospect, there were more interesting, more productive things I could have been doing with my time. Then I could have at least met women with similar interests.

Last edited by goofy328; 03-28-2015 at 11:21 AM..

Old 03-28-2015, 11:10 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Agreed. Although now I'm really because in a couple of recent threads, the general consensus was that many men prefer not to be asked by women, because it is too "aggressive".
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

I'll just never understand it. Women wanted to be equal to a man, and nowadays, they are. However, when it comes to dating, it seems like most women want it to be old school. There should be nothing wrong with them asking out a man if they want to. This isn't the 19th-20th century or something like that anymore.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:18 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

I asked out guys of all time.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:19 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I asked out guys of all time.
That's why I said "most" women. There are exceptions like yourself.

And good for you.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:21 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
This one woman does not represent all women. Let's not start bashing women because one woman bashed men. By all means - bash her. But let's not go overboard and bash all women to get even with this one woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships