Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 08:26 PM

6 posts, read 4,119 times

Advertisements

On Sat we were at a pool party and there was playful banter with my husband towards my friend... I told him it bothered me and he immediately got upset at me and said he didn't see the big deal.... Now he saying he never wants to be around her to avoid making me upset... None of this was in a nice tone or understanding.. He says he doesn't get it.... All I would have liked would a a respectful response... Hey I dint realize or didn't think it was but okay I don't want to ever make u uncomfortable and leave it at that instead it blew up and its a bigger and worse fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 08:47 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,282,314 times
Define "playful banter."

Old 04-05-2015, 09:04 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Sounds like there was something he was touchy about behind the playful banter.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:47 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,711,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgrl View Post
On Sat we were at a pool party and there was playful banter with my husband towards my friend... I told him it bothered me and he immediately got upset at me and said he didn't see the big deal.... Now he saying he never wants to be around her to avoid making me upset... None of this was in a nice tone or understanding.. He says he doesn't get it.... All I would have liked would a a respectful response... Hey I dint realize or didn't think it was but okay I don't want to ever make u uncomfortable and leave it at that instead it blew up and its a bigger and worse fight.
You sound insecure and jealous. That's not attractive. Either come out and accuse your husband of cheating or woman up and stop trying to control how your husband talks to people.

Professional help wouldn't be a be idea...because this doesn't bide well for the communication in your marriage.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,486,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgrl View Post
On Sat we were at a pool party and there was playful banter with my husband towards my friend.

By definition, it is harmless. So you will need to provide more info because at this point your reaction is an overreaction. With that said, your husband's reaction is over-the-top, too.

[details - need them]

Old 04-05-2015, 10:17 PM

7 posts, read 6,680 times
Need to know whats playful banter? The term is not in quotes so i'm assuming you are saying it was just that- then why raise it as an issue?

Old 04-05-2015, 10:20 PM

324 posts, read 427,876 times
It depends on how you brought it up to him. Were you accusatory?

If not, his reaction was probably just defensive and more than likely because he enjoyed the banter. (not that this means he's ready to have an affair) How is your relationship otherwise? Has this come up before?

Old 04-05-2015, 10:27 PM

511 posts, read 509,492 times
No one can give any advice if they have no clue what was said by the two

That is fact

Old 04-05-2015, 10:32 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
With this incident and the rest you have posted in other threads both of you need to seek Marriage Counseling and both of you need to determine if your Marriage is able to be saved.

I would suggest you seek counseling immediately and discuss these issues with your husband and keep these issues between you, your husband and the marriage counselor and keep them off of the internet.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:48 PM

324 posts, read 427,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
With this incident and the rest you have posted in other threads both of you need to seek Marriage Counseling and both of you need to determine if your Marriage is able to be saved.

I would suggest you seek counseling immediately and discuss these issues with your husband and keep these issues between you, your husband and the marriage counselor and keep them off of the internet.
This^^

Just read your other thread.

Given that, I'm sure he was enjoying this banter because he's miserable, like you, in this marriage.

Counseling, or a respectable, real, heart to heart is in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships