Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 01:23 PM

51 posts, read 47,033 times

Advertisements

Before I elaborate on this, I just want to mention that I haven't been interested in a man in a year and a half, and I'm completely oblivious to men. I find myself running away from them/disinterested because I got burnt pretty badly. Therefore, I'm not crushing on this individual at all.

This guy at work seems a bit odd around me. Aside from the daily "Hey you, how are you?" (normal), he always stops by my colleague's desk (which happens to be right next to mine), talks to him for like 3 sec and then turns to me and starts chatting with me about random things (monkeys, dumb jokes ..). I usually keep my eyes on my computer and barely listen to him.

One day, he sat at my desk while I was in the bathroom and left me a monkey picture (I had never really talked to him before). I took it slightly badly because I thought he was making fun of me. The following day, my colleague asked him why he did that and he told her: "Ha, I thought she wouldn't notice. That's was just for fun, because I really like monkeys". Hum, okay.

Then today, he sat by my desk and was like: "I came to tell you a joke ... (he said the joke, told him it wasn't funny, then he said another one ... I didn't really laugh) ... then he said, I'll come back tomorrow with something better then".

He then saw me on my way out of the office and said: "You're going home already? Oh no! See you tomorrow".

That's bizarre. I noticed I'm the only girl he does these bizarre jokes to. He eats lunch daily with some girls I work with, but doesn't stop by their desks make such jokes. He never speaks to them outside of those lunch breaks. I see him walking past their desks and he doesn't stop to have convos with them.

Why is he acting so strange around me? I mean, I barely said 3 words to him and I told him his jokes sucked. I don't see why he chooses to make these bizarre pranks/jokes around me. Is he making fun of me?

Thanks!

Last edited by EllaEllaElla; 03-31-2015 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 01:26 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Probably not, but don't look into it since this is a workplace. Keep it professional, even if he does not. Never, ever, date at work.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Probably not, but don't look into it since this is a workplace. Keep it professional, even if he does not. Never, ever, date at work.
I'm the kind of person who abides by the separation of work and dating, so I understand your point completely

Old 03-31-2015, 02:08 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,028 times
Sounds like he is trying to get you to come out of your shell. I understand that you have no interest in dating him, but are you opposed to being friends with him?

Old 03-31-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Sounds like he is trying to get you to come out of your shell. I understand that you have no interest in dating him, but are you opposed to being friends with him?
The thing is it's a huge office and there are so many people working there ... we don't even work in the same department so we never have to interact or see each other. I only see him because he's friends with the guy whose desk is next to mine or sometimes in the elevator.

Why would I want to hang out with him or get out of my "shell"? I don't interact with him because I'm not exactly a colleague of his.

I'm not against being friends, but I don't think he and I have much in common to be fair.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:14 PM

61,661 posts, read 87,041,175 times
He is not making fun of you. He is just making fun of himself. Kinda goofy. That's all...
Wonder how long he will last at this job.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
He is not making fun of you. He is just making fun of himself. Kinda goofy. That's all...
Wonder how long he will last at this job.
He can make fun of himself all he wants, but there are other places/people. I'm not his buddy

Old 03-31-2015, 02:22 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaEllaElla View Post
He can make fun of himself all he wants, but there are other places/people. I'm not his buddy
Well there is the possibility he wants to date you, which as you have already said is something you aren't interested in.

If he's as big a goofball as you say, he's probably just trying to get you to talk. It sounds like you are very quiet and maybe a bit shy?

He's not making fun of you though, he's just trying to have fun with you.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:25 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
You sound more fun than a barrel of ... well, you know. Is he hitting on you or just being a friendly dork? Nobody here knows. Why is he doing it? We don't know that either.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:27 PM

45,343 posts, read 60,522,810 times
In the old days (mine) of 35 years ago my call would be that he's interested in you and trying to break down The Wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships