Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 10:14 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I agree with you on this one. A woman with low or average sex drive can just go without sex if she's not feeling it. A woman with a high sex drive will choose one (or more) of three options:

1. Have sex with him anyway
2. Take care of business solo
3. Call an FB

Yup. Or, when younger (generally) got down to a local watering hole and find something suitable. I know a few 40 something women that still do that regularly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 10:15 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Foreplay and oral sex and learning how best to please her are "work" and "hoops" now ... I have to go downstairs to kiss my husband in gratitude. Be right back.
If you want her drive to go up, routinely give her really good orgasms.

From what female posters are saying here, it requires more than just foreplay for a man to work it and try to get her girl's sex drive to go up.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
there is a reason that there's a shelf of self-help books in your local book store about the mysteries of female sexuality, but no corresponding shelf for men, or that a Google search will give you more results about the elusive female orgasm than that of men. This is just one of those situations where men and women aren't exactly similar, either as a group or individually. And being aware of your partner's needs and keeping them satisfied (both in and out of the bedroom) is hardly jumping through hoops.
That’s right. Female sexuality is still seen as a mystery, something men have to study and figure out, something men have to put effort to be able to get it, etc. But when it comes to male sexuality its pretty much “Just get naked and bring beer” compared to telling men to make sure a long list of things are met so that maybe her sex drive can go up. It’s just one of those things that makes men and women different. Sure, it works fine for women if they ever feel like having sex all they have to do is wink at their man while men, well, it takes way more than that. I can imagine there are other things that might work fine for men in other areas of the relationship.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:29 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
They're not, but they're not really what this thread is about. It isn't about how to foster sexual desire in a partner, or getting your partner in the mood, or making sure she orgasms (those shouldn't need to be said).

It's about women with high sex drives. Which is, to me, about women who want to go out and have lots of sex/have sex often; they crave sex.

They're out there, and they don't need a specific partner, or specific actions by a partner, to foster that desire.

It's kind of too bad there isn't, because, sadly, lots of women could use some help on it. I doubt there is much of a market though, interest wise.
That's my definition of having a high sex drive. Again, in my experience, they're a rare commodity.

OP, if you want a partner with a high sex drive? get with another man

Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
That's my definition of having a high sex drive. Again, in my experience, they're a rare commodity.

OP, if you want a partner with a high sex drive? get with another man

I don't think they're that rare (see amazing sales of hitachi wands and pearl rabbits), but they're driven underground due to sloot shaming by both men and women. Some of my female friends tell me they find they're other female friends to be the most judgmental about their escapades, to the point they no longer share.

I, honestly, thought sloot shaming of women by men was a thing of the past until I started reading this board. (Thought I can say that about many things).

Old 04-15-2015, 10:40 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

From what female posters are saying here, it requires more than just foreplay for a man to work it and try to get her girl's sex drive to go up.
Duh! Dude, to most of us that comes naturally. It's part of the fun. For other dudes, it's work, or hoops to jump through. That must be why some of us here are saying women with a high sex drive are everywhere, while others are saying they're like finding a 4-leaf clover. lol! Ya think there might be a connection there? Some of y'all have a bad 'tude. The vibe you give out to the world is the one you'll get back. What goes around comes around.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Duh! Dude, to most of us that comes naturally. It's part of the fun.
That's why I said that for many it will be worth it .

Old 04-15-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I agree with you on this one. A woman with low or average sex drive can just go without sex if she's not feeling it. A woman with a high sex drive will choose one (or more) of three options:

1. Have sex with him anyway
2. Take care of business solo
3. Call an FB
A woman with a high sex drive won't need stars and planets to be aligned a certain way, leave all responsibility/duty to men, and all the stuff already mentioned here and wherever. If I am not hungry I can take my time finding a restaurant that has a nice view, good ambiance, etc. If I am hungry I won't be as picky with the first restaurant I see around the corner or whatever I find in the fridge.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:06 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

That is what *I* said, not "female posters," so what do you think I am saying? What hoops am I telling men to jump through? A woman's sex drive is like a burning fire. Add fuel. Stoke it from time to time. Neglect the fire and it dies down. Ignore it and it goes out.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:06 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,228,022 times
It's true, and it starts at a very impressionable age, so by the time we do start having sex we're bogged down by all sort of hang-ups and mixed messages. And sadly, some women can't move past that even when they're in comfortable, committed relationship. It's really sad to me when a woman has the attitude of sex being something she does because her man likes it, and is too embarrassed to genuinely enjoy sex and crave it herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I don't think they're that rare (see amazing sales of hitachi wands and pearl rabbits), but they're driven underground due to sloot shaming by both men and women. Some of my female friends tell me they find they're other female friends to be the most judgmental about their escapades, to the point they no longer share.

I, honestly, thought sloot shaming of women by men was a thing of the past until I started reading this board. (Thought I can say that about many things).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships