Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:50 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
get a job as a cable guy or some kind of svc job of that type... you WILL get some.
Is that what these guys hope for?

Last two cable guys I had were in their late 20s. I had problems with my modem and router. My modem and router are in the bedroom. I live in tank-tops and yoga pants and have a decent figure. You mean I could have worked that and gotten some something-something?

Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
At the end of the day, no one could possibly know you're a virgin unless you disclose it. At most, they could guess, but that's it.
Especially if she's not all that experienced. I found out much later that two of the guys I bedded in college were virgins at the time. Their girlfriends told me. One of them, a good friend to this day, busted my chops and said I didn't do a very good job of teaching him. I said, "I'm sorry. I forgot to hold him afterward."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 12:14 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,924,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I was a virgin until 26 and not by choice, it sucked. I was focused on school, work, and other things besides chasing women. While I was doing good in the looks department, I didn't have much 'game'. Like you it was getting to the point where it was no longer cool or special, just embarrassing. Society doesn't place much value into male virgins. Men like female virgins, women seem to think there is something wrong with an older male virgin.

When you look at it from an evolutionary and biological point of view, males are to go out and spread their seed far and wide. A man that isn't doing that isn't being a man so there must be something wrong with him. Females are programmed to look for men with good genes and high status. A man that isn't getting any female attention must have bad genes and is low status. A woman that is still a virgin is very attractive to a male because he knows if he gets her pregnant that the baby is his and not some random male. Note: all of this is not my opinion, I am just speaking from a primitive cave man stand point on evolution and biology.
Absolutely. The guys I know who don't get any women usually do have some type of issue. But these guys are ridiculously intelligent. You would think that would count for something, but not if you're painfully awkward, which frequently occurs with high intelligence. You strike gold genetically if you have high intelligence and excellent social skills, and handsome looks.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:42 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Get a job as a pool guy or cabana boy. It shouldn't take very long to get some action.....

Old 04-30-2015, 01:32 AM

1 posts, read 771 times
So what do you want to do now? You want to lose your virginity so bad to even consider paying for hookers or being with easy women? or Do you want to wait a right women to lose your virginity?

I think that's the question you should ask. What do you want?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:57 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Uh, the very first response in the thread - post #2 - suggested that very thing.
Uh, no it did not. That post suggested nothing about prostitution - and actually very explicitly said it was talking about "Normal dates" and "free" and "women".

It was your mind that went there and you that brought prostitution and minors into it. No one else. Just you.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:44 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Uh, no it did not. That post suggested nothing about prostitution - and actually very explicitly said it was talking about "Normal dates" and "free" and "women".

It was your mind that went there and you that brought prostitution and minors into it. No one else. Just you.
Whatevs, dude.

OP - Women DO NOT want to sleep with a man who's been with a prostitute. It is an immediate turn off, red flag, skeeve factor. It shows that you see women as objects and not people (per the many, many posts on here that refer to both women and prostitutes as such).

Old 04-30-2015, 03:52 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Whatevs, dude.
Is that meant to mean something? It is certainly not a retraction of your error by any means - or a response to the post you appear to by replying to.

Quote:
OP - Women DO NOT want to sleep with a man who's been with a prostitute. It is an immediate turn off, red flag, skeeve factor. It shows that you see women as objects and not people
So now you speak for all women too do you? Women are not some conformist body of people all sharing the same opinion you know. You do not speak for them. You speak for yourself and yourself alone.

There are indeed plenty of women who will have moral and ethical and personal disgust issues with men who have a history - however large or small - with sex workers.

But there are equally many women who have no problem with it - or no actual interest at all in what the sexual history of their partners are so long as it has been legal and they are disease free.

Nor is use of the sex industry a de facto indicator that you see woman as objects. Sure there are people who think that - but that does not make it so. The motivators and intentions and value judgements of those who use the sex industry in any form are quite varied.

That said - I have always found it profoundly amusing that people will make that comment - that engaging with sex workers means you are objectifying those workers - but would not make the same comments generally about going to - say - a masseur.

Yet in both cases you are using the physical application of another to attain some physical end of your own. Yet the quantity of people standing up and calling the massage industry an objectification of the workers as objects rather than people - is near non-existent. Yet there is little real difference outside the fact sex is involved - which is likely an indicator that the speakers issue is not with objectification - but with sex.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:41 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Oh you are just putting me on lol.
sex is fun...im jst having fun at your expense...lol

seriously, if your not ready that's one thing...but it DOES have a shelf life to a degree...your 20's are the best time to be sexually active...careful and responsible as well...

get the first time "over with" lol and hit the ground running...it will only get better

Old 04-30-2015, 06:14 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Is that what these guys hope for?

Last two cable guys I had were in their late 20s. I had problems with my modem and router. My modem and router are in the bedroom. I live in tank-tops and yoga pants and have a decent figure. You mean I could have worked that and gotten some something-something?

Damn.
naw, thats not what they hope for...they come to do the job

*BUT* if you are a cable guy and get dispatched to the right house, maybe a single chick or milf resides there, there's an opportunity

yoga pants? aye those are the shht, best believe those guys thought about it

gotta remember though that these guys have to be careful, they are in YOUR domain to allegedly do a JOB (they are trying to stay employed and dont want any police reports filed)

they will flirt, but YOU have to initiate something...simply touch them a few times on the arm or shoulder or something to give them the go ahead

Old 04-30-2015, 06:30 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
But there are equally many women who have no problem with it - or no actual interest at all in what the sexual history of their partners are so long as it has been legal and they are disease free.
I kinda find that hard to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships