Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 08:55 PM

5 posts, read 4,965 times

Advertisements

So it's been 5 months since me and my ex broke up (he broke up with me) and it was a pretty harsh and messy breakup.
After our breakup i did everything i could to make him come back to me and it didn't work, in fact after that he blocked me on all social networks that i could possibly contact him through

Throughout 4 months we've had some small conversations that would always end up in a fight (he would ignore me or treat me rudely despite my treating him nice and being polite, so i wouldn't accept that treatment and it'd turn into a fight) and that had been the pattern of our convos throughout the 4 months that succeeded our break up

Fast forward to the 5th month i ask my best friend to talk to him about his feelings for me and tell him that i miss him and he tells my friend that he knows i've been suffering and missing him and he would like to help me with that and even stay friends with me though he still resents me a lot for the thing that led to our break up..
So right after that conversation with my friend he unblocks me on the social network we used to chat the most with and after a few days i make the move to go talk to him
Turns out he didn't ignore me and in fact replied to my messages pretty quickly (which implies he was interested in what would come out of that convo, right?) but he still treated me rudely and acted "superior", we only talked about him and he didn't ask anything about me, and although i obviously didn't like that this time i didn't say anything i actually treated him very well and politely as i used to so it was a peaceful convo overall... The point is i don't see how that rude treatment he gives me would help me with anything (since he said he was eager to help me) nor do i see the point in talking in a rude way to someone you supposedly don't want in your life (wouldn't it be easier to just not talk to me at all?)... My friend said he thinks he still likes me but has a dominant character and because of it doesn't want to back down and forgive me but i'm not sure if her opinion on the situation is correct...

Based on what i wrote what do you guys think? Should i keep talking to him to see if my friend is right and he'll eventually open up or the fact that he still keeps playing rude only means he no longer cares about me? Is there any chance he still loves me?

Last edited by RedZin; 05-03-2015 at 10:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 08:57 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelzs View Post
So it's been 5 months since me and my ex broke up (he broke up with me) and it was a pretty harsh and messy breakup.
After our breakup i did everything i could to make him come back to me and it didn't work, in fact after that he blocked me on all social networks that i could possibly contact him through

Throughout 4 months we've had some small conversations that would always end up in a fight (he would ignore me or treat me rudely despite my treating him nice and being polite, so i wouldn't accept that treatment and it'd turn into a fight) and that had been the pattern of our convos throughout the 4 months that succeeded our break up

Fast forward to the 5th month i ask my best friend to talk to him about his feelings for me and tell him that i miss him and he tells my friend that he knows i've been suffering and missing him and he would like to help me with that and even stay friends with me though he still resents me a lot for the thing that led to our break up..
So right after that conversation with my friend he unblocks me on the social network we used to chat the most with and after a few days i make the move to go talk to him
Turns out he didn't ignore me and in fact replied to my messages pretty quickly (which implies he was interested in what would come out of that convo, right?) but he still treated me rudely and acted "superior", we only talked about him and he didn't ask anything about me, and although i obviously didn't like that this time i didn't say anything i actually treated him very well and politely as i used to so it was a peaceful convo overall... The point is i don't see how that rude treatment he gives me would help me with anything (since he said he was eager to help me) nor do i see the point in talking in a rude way to someone you supposedly don't want in your life (wouldn't it be easier to just not talk to me at all?)... My friend said he thinks he still likes me but has a dominant character and because of it doesn't want to back down and forgive me but i'm not sure if her opinion on the situation is correct...

Based on what i wrote what do you guys think? Should i keep talking to him to see if my friend is right and he'll eventually open up or the fact that he still keeps playing rude only means he no longer cares about me? Is there any chance he still loves me?
You need leave him alone

Last edited by RedZin; 05-03-2015 at 10:33 PM..

Old 05-03-2015, 09:03 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
If he hasn't missed you enough after 4 months to come back to you then you need to move on. I'd do a little soul searching as to why you're hanging on someone who doesn't return the feelings.

That is probably the bigger question you need to pose to yourself, not so much whether this guy wants you or not. I hope you "hear" this.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:09 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,281,885 times
The guy sounds like a self absorbed douche bag. Why do you want the drama?

Old 05-03-2015, 10:30 PM

5 posts, read 4,965 times
Default How do you with being dumped by the person you loved?

I know most people deal with breakups in their lives but how about when you're the one who got dumped?

I was dumped by this guy about 5 months ago and it was definitely not a friendly breakup, since i did something that upset him (not cheating though). Ever since our breakup the handful conversations that we had have gone from me begging him to come back to calling him names out of anger to me accepting the situation and going back to treating him nice and politely, but the thing is, from the very next day after he broke up with me my ex's behavior has changed drastically, he talks to me in a very rude way, shows no signs of compassion or respect for me let alone has ever wanted to talk about the issues that led to out breakup, he basically dumped me and that was it.

I have to be honest and say to this day it still hurts to think that i was simply dumped, like a used plastic cup... It's crazy because at one point this same rude/arrogant/ guy seemed to be the sweetest guy on earth, he would shower me with compliments, talk about our future, make feel special and loved... And all of a sudden it all disappeared, it's like his love just vanished away

How's that possible? For someone to just forget about the one they said they love?
And if that's possible why wasn't i able to do that?
I mean when we were together he'd also do lots of things that upset me but i tried my best to forgive and forget his bad acts for the sake of our love and relashionship because that's what you're supposed to do when you truly love someone right?
So i just can't accept that when he was faced with an act caused by me that upset him his response was to just dump me, do you guys know what i mean? And worse, he completely changed and started treating like crap right after our break up even though i cried and apologized and promised to never let him down again. He would hear all of that and reply to me harshly and even cruelly. Putting myself in his shoes i could never see myself being so inconsiderate to someone i love/loved knowing that person was deeply in love with me and trying to apologize.

I feel like he never really loved me in the first place but i don't want to think this way cause this makes me look even more like a fool and that hurts even more?

So how does one deal with being dumped this way? Is his behavior normal? Is it possible for someone to completely lose his feelings for their partner right after breaking up? How come i couldn't pull it off and am still suffering because if him?

I'm so sad and lost and really need some opinions

Sorry for the second thread in a row it's just that i just found this forum and would like to get an insight from you guys on what's going with me right now

Old 05-03-2015, 10:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
What's the thing that lead to your breakup that he resents you for?

Old 05-03-2015, 10:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
You pick up yourself and your dignity and move on. You stop talking to the person. You don't beg and plead and you don't call names. You hold your head high and you walk away. You focus on what YOU can do to make YOUR life better, without depending on another person. You focus on yourself, making new friends, a new life, meeting new people, dating or not dating, and living a good life. You don't focus on the other person.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:35 PM

332 posts, read 498,529 times
Too much drama. Walk away.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:39 PM

61,721 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Let it go. When is over - it's over. You might be right. He never really loved you. Or whatever you did made the relationship irrecoverable.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:46 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelzs View Post

Based on what you wrote I would say the entire situation is a hot mess and I wonder why you would even want to be with someone who treats you this way.

So, why don't you read the words you wrote above several times then go look in the mirror and ask yourself:

Based on what I wrote, what do you guys think.
Then you should have your answer for yourself for your own life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships