Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 07:17 PM

52 posts, read 59,645 times

Advertisements

I was dating a guy from work a few years ago. Then I left work because of medical reasons. The short story is we lost touch and stopped dating. I went back to work and we got back in touch and started dating again.

There is another guy there that I started talking to and he was very busy for awhile. That's when I started dating the other guy that I really like a lot. He works in the same building but for a different company. There are multiple companies in one building is how it's set up.

I am dating the other guy now but I do still want to be friends or at least on good terms with this guy. He calls and texts me an awful lot(more than the guy I'm dating actually) and I don't want to be rude. I don't want him to think I stood him up for another guy. I don't mind answering his calls or texts. I just don't want to get a reputation at work, so I don't want to tell him I'm dating someone else there. This is such an awkward situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 07:40 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,482 times
This is altogether why you don't work and engage in a social life within the same environment. Tell the second fellow who is talking and texting a lot that you appreciate his attention, but are otherwise occupied in your life and cannot give him the time he needs. Don't keep him on the side - cut it off altogether. This will allow you to be more devoted to guy number 1 and guy number 2 can find a woman who can be all devoted and into him.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:54 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,902 times
Well if you are ready to move on, you owe it to your "friend" to tell him that you no longer have romantic interest with him. If he wants to keep being a friend, you will find out right away. Not sure why people like to screw up their work environment, when there is plenty of D in town. No need to farm it out from your workplace, all it does is cause trouble.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:32 PM

783 posts, read 850,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtraveler View Post
I was dating a guy from work a few years ago. Then I left work because of medical reasons. The short story is we lost touch and stopped dating. I went back to work and we got back in touch and started dating again.

There is another guy there that I started talking to and he was very busy for awhile. That's when I started dating the other guy that I really like a lot. He works in the same building but for a different company. There are multiple companies in one building is how it's set up.

I am dating the other guy now but I do still want to be friends or at least on good terms with this guy. He calls and texts me an awful lot(more than the guy I'm dating actually) and I don't want to be rude. I don't want him to think I stood him up for another guy. I don't mind answering his calls or texts. I just don't want to get a reputation at work, so I don't want to tell him I'm dating someone else there. This is such an awkward situation.
The longer you let it go on with the guy you don't want to date right now the greater likelihood he is going to feel lead on and resentful. Sooner you tell him the better. Just tell him its not him, but you are seeing a guy that you met before him.

I don't mind rejection as much if its because she is already seeing someone else. I do mind it more if I feel if she picked someone else over me. If a woman picked another guy over me it basically kills any current and future romance. I am not resentful about it, I just lose all interest.

If I was that guy I would rather know now instead of wasting more brain waves and beats of my heart on a woman that isn't available to me.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:38 PM

403 posts, read 598,183 times
Don't friendzone a grown man. Be honest.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
Don't friendzone a grown man. Be honest.
This!

She wants all the desserts for herself.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:04 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,360 times
I'd be mad if I was the guy you're attempting to friendzone. This is why you don't date at work.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:27 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Why don't you date them both?

Old 06-02-2015, 12:38 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,201 times
If you friendzone him, at least be nice and bring him food or coffee all the time to let him know that he's still special to you.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:43 PM

745 posts, read 802,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
If you friendzone him, at least be nice and bring him food or coffee all the time to let him know that he's still special to you.
Expect the guy you are dating to dump you when he finds out, or at least be very resentful. And he will find out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships