Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 10:30 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,043,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
This amuses me because in my view, "average" means height-weight proportionate, yet not athletic (ripped) or slim/slender (skinny). It's how I would have described myself when online dating. If only men didn't think "average" meant "chubby."

pof.com is a free dating site (Plenty of Fish). Feel free to think it's fake, but I met my husband on that site.
I had average on my profile for a bit... I am 5'3" 120lbs size 2.

I do have some curves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 10:45 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,181,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
pof.com you can search all of that stuff.

Beware, women have a VERY broad view of what average, thin and athletic means
LOL this is so true

A co-worker of mine is doing match right now and she showed me her profile to get my advice on some things. she listed herself as curvy, and I didn't have the heart to tell her that she's full figured IMO. LOL

She definitely has a nice bottom on her for a bigger woman, but even if you got the whole bubble thing going on, I think you have to put full figured if you you weigh over 200lbs.

Am I alone on this, or can a girl that heavy be "curvy."

Old 05-22-2015, 10:49 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
did it perhaps occur to you it might be free for all the fatties and not us blokes?

it is free for everyone

Old 05-22-2015, 10:55 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,390,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
it is free for everyone
okay. Again, explain my previos quote from the site asking me to "upgrade".

Old 05-22-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
okay. Again, explain my previos quote from the site asking me to "upgrade".

What is there to explain? You wanted to use a feature that requires an upgrade. OKC is the same. Its free to set up a profile and email and receive emails from members, and to do basic searches.

If you want the bells and whistles, or extra features, you need to pay for an upgrade.

This is basic stuff for any free site for anything (selling goods, photo hosting, etc), there is the basic free version, and the upgrade.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:14 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,390,834 times
Quote:
What is there to explain? You wanted to use a feature that requires an upgrade. OKC is the same. Its free to set up a profile and email and receive emails from members, and to do basic searches.

If you want the bells and whistles, or extra features, you need to pay for an upgrade.

This is basic stuff for any free site for anything (selling goods, photo hosting, etc), there is the basic free version, and the upgrade.
well, well, well. Aha! The truth is finally established. You know, there was no need for the condescending tone of the previous posters - as I suspected the site wasn't free afterall. I didn't say "kind of free" or "partially free" as is clearly the case. Now that we've established it isn't free, is it free for the women?

Old 05-22-2015, 12:18 PM

Again, it is free for everyone. Equally.

It is a free site to use.

There are optional paid upgrades. That is no way, shape, or form makes it not free.

Facebook also has paid upgrades. As does Linkedin. Yet they are both free sites.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:02 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,706,156 times
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's no "ladies' night at the bar" effect going on with OKC or POF or similar, where women get a better deal of free features than guys do.

And the poster talking about wading through "dogs" to find a few hotties...yeah, well. We ladies have to wade through heaps of unsuitable men to find any we'd be willing to give a shot, also. It's kind of part of the package. I would venture a guess that if anything there are more duds to "nope" your way past if you're female, than if you're male. I know that my "nope" factor list is pretty significant. And I know that some of the guys who have tried to talk to me have not been interested in basic compatibility, they're just happy I'm not a "dog"...

I mention that anyone who wants to talk about GWAR or go to a show with me, should contact me. I had one guy send me a message saying "You rock, GWAR is really good band!" And I go look at his profile and he says he likes Christian rock and country. I wanted to ask him whether he preferred the song about the preschooler, or the one about the amputee...?

Old 05-22-2015, 01:06 PM

I really can't listen to anything past Hell-o myself.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:23 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,706,156 times
Quote:
I really can't listen to anything past Hell-o myself.
Love that album. But I love at least a tiny bit from all of 'em. Favorite is Carnival of Chaos, with Scumdogs a close runner up.

But anyhow, yeah, the two actual dates I've had from OKC thus far have been a little ridiculous. One could have been a friend, the other might wind up being a one-time romp of a hookup, or something like that. Another two I'm willing to speak to and meet at some point, maybe...one of them is a rockabilly Gary Oldman and the other one a really short Hispanic artist with massively gauged ear holes. I've had to wade through hundreds of "look at my ripped abs," "look at this fish I caught," "look at my dog," military haircuts, dudebros of sport ball, gun nuts and ZZ Top lookalikes, just to find a few nice freaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships