Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
And, oh, I wish more men thought like you, timber, in terms of male/female friendships. Many are not as open-minded, or are too self-focused and/or singularly focused to even consider a platonic friendship with a woman. And if the woman is attractive? Why, the notion of being friends with her is nothing but an insult!!

I really don't get this. I need more cool and fun people in my life. People to hike/kayak with, see bands with, check out festivals with. Just because I'm not sleeping with someone doesn't make her less cool. It's mind boggling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 10:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

Yeah, I noticed his preoccupation with money, too. Unbelievable. You'd think he was splurging on a Mediterranean cruise or something. I mean, I get that not everyone has a lot of money to spend on dates (I don't), but for real?

And, oh, I wish more men thought like you, timber, in terms of male/female friendships. Many are not as open-minded, or are too self-focused and/or singularly focused to even consider a platonic friendship with a woman. And if the woman is attractive? Why, the notion of being friends with her is nothing but an insult!!
There is a major difference between befriending an attractive girl and befriending an attractive girl who've you've revealed your interest in and she has shot you down. Most guys can't look at a girl who shoots them down with a straight face. They damn sure can't be friends at that point.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:58 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
If his breath had been bad, I don't think she would've stayed in the car for 40 minutes or called him after the date. At least I wouldn't have.
If she is a nice gal and actually enjoyed all other things about the OP then she probably would. It would be after the fact and later after much thought that she would realize she just couldn't deal with the breath issue. Breath issues can be a deal breaker--- even if all else is great. You can't underestimate the power of good dental hygiene and work!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
If she is a nice gal and actually enjoyed all other things about the OP then she probably would. It would be after the fact and later after much thought that she would realize she just couldn't deal with the breath issue. Breath issues can be a deal breaker--- even if all else is great. You can't underestimate the power of good dental hygiene and work!
She said she didn't like the way I hugged hee in the beginning of the date

Old 06-01-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
She said she didn't like the way I hugged hee in the beginning of the date

Why did you do that? I mean, I get hugged in the beginning of the date often enough, but that is entirely different than me hugging someone. Don't you know to let the woman take the lead in things like this?

Especially at like 6'6" and 300# as you say you are, you should know that this is a real bad idea to initiate.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:22 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Quote:
Had a first date last Friday which I thought went grest since we seemed to hit it off right away. We met for ice cream and them we walked to the waterfront and talked in front of the water. Then we went to get pizza and took another walk and ended up inside her car. We talked in her for 40 minutes and I didn't make a move bur she still seemed interested. After the date when she arrived home she called me and said she had a nice time on the voice-mail. I returned her call and she answered and we talked briefly and said good night. Then I texted her sunday asking how her weekend was and she asked me the same

Then all of a sudden last night she asked was i still up and I told her yes. So that's when I was going to set up a second date. All of a sudden she said that she needed to tell me something and said she didn't feel a spark on Friday and wanted to be honest with me. She said she stI'll wants to be my friend because I'm cool but she didn't feel a romantic connection.

Stunned because usually when someone is not interested in a second date they ignore you and don't reply back. Anyone else agree this sounds weird the way she did this?

Doesn't sounds like you got to a second date.... I think she was being polite and trying to feel something since your a nice guy but in the end it wasn't there, at least she was honest with you and herself.. Last not weird, sounds like she make a great friend...

Old 06-01-2015, 12:59 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,048 times
Quote:
And this is why I feel guys should not pay until there is a second date.
You didn't really put out a lot of money. you bought ice cream... she offered to pay for pizza. So it was sort of a wash. If you think what you put out is too much... then maybe dating hot girls is not what you are really interested in or ready for. Maybe you ARE looking for a friend.

I have gone on meet and greet dates where the guy spent much more than ice cream. And those were dates that THEY set up..... when given the choice, my choice was always applebees/Fridays/ chili... in the mid afternoon for appetizers and drink... or coffee shop.

I don't want the guy to spend a lot of money on a first date so I choose inexpensive casual places.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why did you do that? I mean, I get hugged in the beginning of the date often enough, but that is entirely different than me hugging someone. Don't you know to let the woman take the lead in things like this?

Especially at like 6'6" and 300# as you say you are, you should know that this is a real bad idea to initiate.
She said I gave her a arkward side hug

Old 06-01-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
She said I gave her a arkward side hug

Ok, and you continue to miss the point.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ok, and you continue to miss the point.
What point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships