Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you guys still be upset in that situation?
Yes, I'll still be upset 9 18.37%
Nope, I'll let that one slide...it's exceptional 38 77.55%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times

Advertisements

Is this thread about waffles?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:37 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She might laugh, and then apologize, but if he were to press the point to explain he felt disrespected in front of the hospital staff, that would seem a little weird. They see all kinds of crazy stuff, it's not a big deal.
Not a big deal to hospital staff. But unless the husband works in a labor & delivery unit, it is a big deal to him.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:38 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
We're expected to overcome our biology and not hit people just because we're undergoing a stressful or painful event. We should expect the same from women. Instead, we see a litany of excuses. Would a guy be excused because he decked his wife while passing a kidney stone?

"But, but but..... CHILDBIRTH!!1!1!one!1!" Yeah, it's something that happens all the time without people getting assaulted.

Nobody else has been able to articulate a rational reason why in the it's acceptable in the age of gender equality for a woman to hit a man when she's in great pain or under tremendous stress when it wouldn't be acceptable for a man to hit a woman under similar circumstances. That's because there is none. So I'm not surprised this is the best response you could come up with. Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander. (Or should it be the other way around?)
Because we don't live in an age of gender equality. We live in an age where we are still fighting for gender equality, but we're not there yet. However, gender equality doesn't mean everything is the same - I would hope you would know that. Men don't get to tell women how to behave during labor, and women don't get to tell men how to behave while passing a kidney stone through their penis.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:39 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Is this thread about waffles?

Don't make me slap you....

Old 06-01-2015, 09:41 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
It has been said that passing a kidney stone is the equivalent of child birth, so yes we do go through something similar.

The next time a woman get slapped and comes here looking for help, I guess we should just tell her to "get over it" too right?
Yeah I've had that kidney stone and it sucked.. I actually had my gall bladder rupture and it took them hours to figure that out, the Dr. told me that was the closest I would come to feeling like I was in labor. I guess he had female patients that had also been through labor and compared the pain of a gall bladder attack to that...I always thought that was strange though.

Listen I have a kid, I was in the delivery room the whole 19 hours. it was the most stressful time in my life to say the least. My gf did not slap me, but if she had I am sure it would have hurt my feelings, but in the grand scheme of things(like my son being born) would kind of overshadow a slap. I don't know what your talking about a women coming here looking for help. You lost me..

Old 06-01-2015, 09:41 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Don't make me slap you....
If you did, it would be okay. Because you're a woman, and this thread would drive anyone to violence.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-01-2015, 09:44 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
Quote:
We're expected to overcome our biology and not hit people just because we're undergoing a stressful or painful event. We should expect the same from women. Instead, we see a litany of excuses. Would a guy be excused because he decked his wife while passing a kidney stone?
because a slap isn't the same as decking someone...? Slaps don't actually "hurt" as much as "sting". It's mostly the shock of being hit in the face...

not much different than you squeezing someone's hand and "hurting" them.

How about you come around and let's "deck" each other? You can only slap, I'll swing fists

Old 06-01-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If you did, it would be okay. Because you're a woman, and this thread would drive anyone to violence.

LOL... Well I'm old woman so yeah...

Old 06-01-2015, 09:46 PM

All in all I think it been easier if she just shot him! End of story lol...Night kids play nice....

Old 06-01-2015, 09:48 PM

336 posts, read 442,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
All in all I think it been easier if she just shot him! End of story lol...Night kids play nice....
Wow, Im glad to know that you think that murder is such a funny joke. See, this is what happens with that go girl mentality...if a guy would have said that, he would have been the scum of the earth, a woman says it and its ok? No, its not..someone who makes jokes like that is sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships