Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 PM

32 posts, read 58,236 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Its been almost a year since I broke off our 2 year off and on "relationship", but I just can't stop thinking about him. Everything reminds me of him for some reason. I've tried everything, dating, hanging out, extracurricular activities, and it doesn't matter. My mind always drifts back to him. I was doing well about not thinking about him for a while, until he sent me this random text message on Christmas. So now, every since then, I've been constantly thinking about him.

Any advice on how I can stop this madness???

Last edited by SJPrincess; 01-21-2008 at 02:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 02:56 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,147,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPrincess View Post
Hi,

Its been almost a year since I broke off our 2 year off and on "relationship", but I just can't stop thinking about him. Everything reminds me of him for some reason. I've tried everything, dating, hanging out, extracurricular activities, and it doesn't matter. My mind always drifts back to him. I was doing well about not thinking about him for a while, until he sent me this random text message on Christmas. So now, every since then, I've been constantly thinking about him.

Any advice on how I can stop this madness???
Get a new person in your life! Been doing the same myself...but now that we're apart & I can see the forest, his branches look much different without my leaves on them.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:15 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,052,999 times
Change your number so he can't text message you.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:45 PM

754 posts, read 1,449,680 times
Whenever you start thinking about him, remember why he's your ex in the first place. Clearly you two weren't working out. Sometimes when we break up and we haven't found someone else to love we can dwell on the previous relationship and the ex seems better than they actually are (because we're lonely). However, the truth of the matter is if you two got back together it wouldn't work out, just like the first time.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,538,235 times
If on the off chance you are currently hyperthyroid, get your thyroid radiated, you'll forget him and most everything else in now time. I'm living my own "Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind."

Seriously, what has helped me in the past, books, lots of them.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:23 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,623,776 times
I don't know, a year is not that long. It took me a few years to get a certain someone out of my system and still, almost 15 years later, he still crosses my mind now and then.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:24 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,450,951 times
Do you still have feelings for him, some unfinished business with him? Are you reconsidering the reasons you broke up with him? Are you affraid to admit that you still have feelings for him?

I personally don't believe its a good idea to bring another person into your life if you have unresolved issues with a past boyfriend. Put yourself in his place, how would you feel if he did that too you.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 AM

68 posts, read 261,192 times
TT is right....change your number if you're serious about getting over him! I don't know the details, but you do....you can become your own best friend when it comes to guarding your heart...and if you are tired of having it broken by "ex", you will take the necessary steps to guard it with vigorous force...change your number and call it "check mate"!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 07:41 AM

Arrow Yes, Yes, Yes, and...Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Do you still have feelings for him, some unfinished business with him? Are you reconsidering the reasons you broke up with him? Are you affraid to admit that you still have feelings for him?

I personally don't believe its a good idea to bring another person into your life if you have unresolved issues with a past boyfriend. Put yourself in his place, how would you feel if he did that too you.

All of the above. Honestly, I do still have feelings for him, but I refused to show it...especially to him. I feel like there was definitely a lack of closure with how we stopped talking. It was just one of those things where I got SO tired of hearing myself say the same things to him; and him not really addressing my concerns but instead, changing the subject or doing something to make me laugh. After 2 years, it just wasn't funny/cute anymore and I gave up; stopped answering his calls, ignoring his texts because at that point, there was nothing that I haven't heard from him in the past and the "relationship" was just going in circles...Off then On, Off then On.

But I do miss him, and I constantly think about him. I kind of think that he feels the same way, but I'm not sure. He's very good at avoiding conflict and not really showing his true feelings. But at the same time, he could be happy without me and just not give a d***. In which case, I really need to move on with my life. But I think it's the "unknown" that has me holding on.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:52 AM

There's a lot of really good comments, but unfortunately...I've tried most, if not all of them. I've changed my number when we were "Off" in the past, but just felt guilty and ended up calling him. I also think about the bad things that he did when we were together, but then I start to think about the good things that I miss, and I'm in Lah-Lah Land all over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships