Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:15 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
This article is about women going to extremes, and the answer to having a happy relationship lies somewhere in the middle. These ladies sort of remind me of some of the members on this forum who want to move from MN. to AZ. because they are sick of the cold. Of course once they move to AZ. they get on the forum to complain about the dry desert heat.
This article was about a few women making random comments, it is not a reflection of all women's feelings. These women speak for themselves only, if this article is genuine. 12 women out of 3.5 billion is not an accurate representation of anything and posts like this serve to do nothing than further gender divides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 10:20 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
This article was about a few women making random comments, it is not a reflection of all women's feelings. These women speak for themselves only, if this article is genuine. 12 women out of 3.5 billion is not an accurate representation of anything and posts like this serve to do nothing than further gender divides.
I think most people - men and women - probably get a kick out of it. It's the people that already think that women really think these things that can't see the humor in it. Sort of like that guy that had that crazy dating profile up - I can't remember all the outlandish things that he said but it was hysterical.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:29 AM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
I identify with #3 as her response seems to be based on rebellion from oppressive intellectualism at the hands of her parents. I can personally relate with that as I rebelled against an oppressive Catholic upbringing. I am over a decade older than #3 and my rebellious attitude against Catholic expectations has cemented into unalterable values.

If we were to look at all of these women through the lens of rebellion their answers might make more sense; although #3 seemed to be the only one who provided some solid background information for her viewpoint.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:42 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Sorry, this is BS and made up BS at that. These people are not representative of what women want. I know a guy who likes feet, so if he responded about that in a poll, would it be fair to include it in a thread/article titled "what men secretly like?" Is it all or most men or just this one?

Old 06-20-2015, 10:47 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Sorry, this is BS and made up BS at that. These people are not representative of what women want. I know a guy who likes feet, so if he responded about that in a poll, would it be fair to include it in a thread/article titled "what men secretly like?" Is it all or most men or just this one?
I said the same several pages back that I wondered if there was an agenda behind the article, cause it doesn't make women look good.

I'm sure someone could dig up the same article just flipped around with 12 men saying dumb**** things too.

The problem with articles and the Internet is that any azzhat can post things, and here we sit, getting ourselves all frothy over what is essentially drivel.....

Old 06-20-2015, 11:44 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
The big d*** one was accurate for me and the last one on the list lol.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:29 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I said the same several pages back that I wondered if there was an agenda behind the article, cause it doesn't make women look good.

I'm sure someone could dig up the same article just flipped around with 12 men saying dumb**** things too.

The problem with articles and the Internet is that any azzhat can post things, and here we sit, getting ourselves all frothy over what is essentially drivel.....

I don't think it would make women look bad but to those who are always looking for a reason to bash them to begin with. The ones who make comments like.. " it doesn't surprise me".

Old 06-20-2015, 12:37 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Nothing wrong with preferences. They are just that, preferences.

No different than a guy like blondes, big boobs, hips or whatever. It is a matter of taste.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Eh, I've heard most of these from women anyway, so these aren't new to me. Except the ugly quote. I've not ever heard that one before.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:38 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
The big d*** one was accurate for me and the last one on the list lol.
The dude who posted after you would probably like to have a word with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships