Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeranyi View Post
RT , would you like to marry an asian wife ,if yes, can you overcome the culture diffirence or other difficulties , what makes you to look for asian wife? some interesting things happen between your couple life
If she's already a wife, nobody can marry her.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I think a lot of it has to do with very outdated stereotypes
I wonder if we think the same when women say that southern men are great gentlemen, always pay, etc. Culture/traditions do play a role in how people interact with the opposite sex. Some actions can be seen more clearly than others but there are a couple of differences.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:28 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Depends on which part of Asian they are from. I take you mean oriental women as Indian are Asian too.

The best traditional wife, submissive and family oriented, would be a Japanese woman, and a Korean woman would the next in line. Vietnamese, Laos, Filipino, etc. are somewhere up there too.

I would NOT marry a Chinese woman as most Chinese women are so unbelievably materialistic. The matchmaking in China often sounds like prostitution - I'll marry you if you have a house, a car and a nice salary etc. Chinese women are also very controlling, mostly over money of course, once you let them into your life. Look up Wendy Deng, who has been widely admired and modeled by the Chinese women.

Of course Asians born and raised in America would be totally different.
Japan has one of lowest birthrates in the world and Japan men have hard times having sex

Old 06-22-2015, 12:38 PM

914 posts, read 766,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Japan has one of lowest birthrates in the world and Japan men have hard times having sex
^ This. They'll be extinct at the rate they're going, if the trend continues.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:40 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Americanized Asian women can be attractive to me. The majority are not americanized, and look like zombies to me.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:43 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Our Daughter In Law is Chinese and just recently was able to move to the US to be with our Son and she is definitely not a traditional stereotype and they appear to be getting along just fine so far.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:44 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I would NOT marry a Chinese woman as most Chinese women are so unbelievably materialistic. The matchmaking in China often sounds like prostitution - I'll marry you if you have a house, a car and a nice salary etc. Chinese women are also very controlling, mostly over money of course, once you let them into your life. Look up Wendy Deng, who has been widely admired and modeled by the Chinese women.
To elaborate.. Chinese from more westernized regions, Hong Kong for example, are quite a bit more materialistic than Chinese from more remote areas of mainland china. I find it amusing to observe the "cultural" differences in my office between Shanghai, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and mainland China... they don't always see eye to eye. Heck... they don't even speak the same language.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:47 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
^ This. They'll be extinct at the rate they're going, if the trend continues.
Well there is a population in California and Hawaii.So they are not completely gone.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:01 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Every time I hear this stereotype, I think of my FIL's second wife, my SIL's mom, who is Taiwanese-born and came to the U.S. for nursing school in her early 20s, and is basically the polar opposite of every quiet, subservient, accommodating, takes-backseat-to-the-man, demure, deferring stereotype out there, and can't help but laugh. The woman is hell on wheels.
I personally love hell on wheels...lol

Old 06-22-2015, 01:32 PM

227 posts, read 195,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
lol! When you put it that way...

I had one guy tell me he likes a petite woman like that because he can throw her around, carry her and what not around the bedroom. He's an average size guy, so I guess he needs someone very small to be able to lift her? I don't know lol
Because he's smaller, I can understand that. (throw her around...will swing dancing a part of foreplay activities?) The whole fragile fetish is another thing though, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships