Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 02:38 AM

358 posts, read 229,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
In my opinion, certainly not. I value an attractive face more than an attractive body. A person can have a body that looks like it was sculptured by ancient Greeks, but if they have a face that looks like it was ran over by a HGV then what's the point? The first thing I'm going to see is their face so everything else is ultimately irrelevant.

SJP is a good example actually - she's quite ugly, but has a thin body. Does her thin body make up for her horsey appearance? Hell no it does not. A person with a beautiful face but a less-than-beautiful body can at least work on their body by perhaps getting in shape. A person with an ugly face can't do much about it.

Besides, we all have differing standards for what constitutes a beautiful body. Personally, I find really muscular men to be a huge turnoff, and prefer more toned-but-less-defined builds, or even a dad bod.

And, of course, personality counts for a lot. Even if someone had a beautiful face and body, if they act like jerks or are incredibly conceited, then they're an instant turn-off. I also can't stand gym rats - you know, the ones who post nothing but gym motivational posters on Facebook and Instagram and constantly bang on about the gym as if it's their only hobby in Life. Gah.
Who wants a thin body without some curves in the right places??!??!?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 02:53 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,017,072 times
I'm a face guy myself--so a face it is.

My wife has a beautiful smile and a beautiful face to match.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:32 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
Lots of people. Thin, non-curvy women have relationships too.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:40 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,077,805 times
No. But maybe a beautiful personalty can.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:52 AM

4,567 posts, read 5,432,863 times
I have a question for all you FACE guys - How in the world can you get "excited" enough to have sex with someone with an ugly body? I cant do it. I am assuming that we are not talking about already being married or in love with the person, because I am thinking of the initial stages of developing a relationship. Even if she had the face of a young Aishwara Rai or 25 year old Monica Bellucci but on a Honey Boo Boo Momma June body, NO WAY would I be able to have sex with her. NO WAY!!!

Old 07-08-2015, 10:27 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,688,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Grey View Post
You can be thin with some curves. I'm thin with some curves. I'm just not naturally super curvey. Maybe you're thinking "skinny," which I take to mean more rail-like.

Last edited by ShinyHappyLucy; 07-08-2015 at 11:08 AM..

Old 07-08-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I have a question for all you FACE guys - How in the world can you get "excited" enough to have sex with someone with an ugly body? I cant do it. I am assuming that we are not talking about already being married or in love with the person, because I am thinking of the initial stages of developing a relationship. Even if she had the face of a young Aishwara Rai or 25 year old Monica Bellucci but on a Honey Boo Boo Momma June body, NO WAY would I be able to have sex with her. NO WAY!!!
I'm not a guy, but I rarely see men with nice faces and horrible bodies. Weight issues usually affect the face too.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:52 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,851,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm not a guy, but I rarely see men with nice faces and horrible bodies. Weight issues usually affect the face too.
There are cute chubby guys in Chicagoland lol

Old 07-08-2015, 11:33 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,377,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
In some cases nice features are still nice even with a plumper face. Obviously bone structure is less defined on rounder or plumper faces, but the nice features and symmetry are still present. I've seen a picture of my husband when he was 30 lbs heavier, back when he was 21, and he was still good-looking. He just had less defined/chiseled features.

I'm heavier now post-pregnancy than I was when I married my husband. It's noticeable in my face, but my face is still nice even with the extra weight. Though much nicer when I was slimmer.

I know quite a few heavy women with pretty faces. Not all have pretty faces, but some do. I've dated bigger men (tall, too) that have a really handsome/pleasing face. I greatly prefer a nice face.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
In some cases nice features are still nice even with a plumper face. Obviously bone structure is less defined on rounder or plumper faces, but the nice features and symmetry are still present. I've seen a picture of my husband when he was 30 lbs heavier, back when he was 21, and he was still good-looking. He just had less defined/chiseled features.

I'm heavier now post-pregnancy than I was when I married my husband. It's noticeable in my face, but my face is still nice even with the extra weight. Though much nicer when I was slimmer.

I know quite a few heavy women with pretty faces. Not all have pretty faces, but some do. I've dated bigger men (tall, too) that have a really handsome/pleasing face. I greatly prefer a nice face.
The most attractive faced guy I ever had the pleasure of making out with was someone who used to be fat. I saw the fat pictures, and I could still tell it was him so obviously he didn't look completely different. But there was a difference. A cute/nice/attractive face is subjective, and I'm just saying that in my experience, I don't often come across faces that I find attractive that are attached to bodies that I find unattractive. If the face is good, usually all else is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships