Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 01:09 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,279 times

Advertisements

Both SJP and TS are widely considered unattractive by Hollywood standards. But in real life they are both attractive and solidly above average. Anyone that does not see that needs to have their meter recalibrated by watching less TV and getting out of the house more.

@prince frog... I like your posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 01:13 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Hey, you're right. I'm sure everyone's tired of me posting. So, I'll just stop posting.

Have a nice life.
Mod cut.

I enjoy your posts......

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-30-2015 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: Personal attack on another member.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:35 PM

745 posts, read 800,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
They both have pretty faces, but Melissa McCarthy is much heavier than Adele, therefore it's a little harder to tell.
I don't think so... sorry. You are entitled to your opinion though...

Old 06-30-2015, 01:36 PM

745 posts, read 800,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I never found Tori Spelling attractive, and SJP... nah, not for me.
Me either. I wouldnt consider them ugly, but not super attractive by any means.

And as far as Cameron Diaz, she is very good looking to me in movies. But she literally has to put an inch of makeup on to cover up her horrible complexion. That would kill it for me in-person. Look for pics of her without makeup... BRUTAL!

Old 06-30-2015, 09:04 PM

356 posts, read 365,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherInLeather View Post
I admit that I'm not all that pretty in the face: I have a big nose, boring brown eyes, too many freckles, etc. The only thing I have going for me in the face is that I don't have any major deformities.

However, my body isn't all that bad. I am thin with an hourglass figure.

I am wondering if dressing sexier, instead of just wearing jeans and a tee shirt, will help me attract high quality men. If my body is my best physical asset, I should put my best foot forward, right?

I read somewhere that a woman should reveal 40-50% of skin, but no more than that, because more than that conveys trashiness.

Do you think dressing sexier can make up for my face? I am trying to attract long term relationships, not short term.

(Images removed because I wasn't sure how to get them to link correctly)
A personality is what makes a person sexy

Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Sometimes it can, sometimes it cant. Beauty is objective, even if we all know the difference between real attractive and real unattractive. The very top guys, shoot for women that have it all, face, body, personality, ambition etc etc. No different than super attractive women wanting a man that has it all.
This is the most realistic post in this thread.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:49 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,607 times
To the OP, beauty is all subjective.

For example, I'm not into the typical skinny Hollywood model types - I don't find women that look like that too attractive, i.e. Julia Roberts, Cindy Crawford, etc. And, Tori Spelling & SJP have horse faces, which I don't find at all attractive either.

I'm into bigger women, and sometimes women who have unusual/interesting facial features.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:11 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
And I'm sure a lot of us are our own worst critics.

I know I'm not everyone's taste. My nose is too long, my jaw is too weak (I have to remember to hold my head a certain way in photos or I look like Jabba the Hut), my face is too soft, one of my eyes is slightly larger than the other (note to self: squint the left eye a bit in pictures), and I'm forever battling 15 pounds and will NEVER have a nice, flat stomach. I could be 105 pounds at 5'5" and my stomach will be where I carry my weight. However, I wear contacts because glasses look terrible on me. I color my hair because Clairol is $7.99. I have a great rack and decent shoulders so I wear clothes that emphasize the upper part of my torso while minimizing the center (v-necks and tops and dresses with shirring in the middle). I have no arse to speak of but I have long legs, so I play those up with the right jeans (dark indigo boot cut with boots or skinnies with ballet flats). I walk 5-7 miles a day in the good weather, in addition to working with weights and doing cardio-kickboxing 3-4 times per week.

In short, I put effort in and I walk around like I care, and that makes up for physical flaws.

/end rant, hallelujah, where's the Tylenol?
Nah Lilac,Your beautiful just the way you are. ;-)

Old 07-03-2015, 01:45 AM

695 posts, read 714,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherInLeather View Post
I admit that I'm not all that pretty in the face: I have a big nose, boring brown eyes, too many freckles, etc. The only thing I have going for me in the face is that I don't have any major deformities.

However, my body isn't all that bad. I am thin with an hourglass figure.

I am wondering if dressing sexier, instead of just wearing jeans and a tee shirt, will help me attract high quality men. If my body is my best physical asset, I should put my best foot forward, right?

I read somewhere that a woman should reveal 40-50% of skin, but no more than that, because more than that conveys trashiness.

Do you think dressing sexier can make up for my face? I am trying to attract long term relationships, not short term.
FRECKLES happen to be the first asset I look for on a woman's face! There is no such thing as "too many freckles."

Old 07-03-2015, 01:52 AM

1,156 posts, read 940,546 times
Perfect faces are boring. If you really want a quality long term partner, personality and intelligence are what matters. Yes, looks play into it but the range of 'compatible levels of attractiveness' is much wider than people think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships