Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:04 AM

7 posts, read 9,140 times

Advertisements

I lost the drive to get a girlfriend years ago when I was 18. I am a very lonely person. I have friends. But I want a girlfriend. I consider myself a virgin because most of my experience has been with hookers or sex workers. I have never had a girl like me. I don't know what it is. I came here to post because I need to let this out. I don't think I have ever kissed a girl sober. I made out with a girl when I was 11.

I don't know what it is. I play college basketball and am currently attending a Southern California community college. I have plans to transfer to Stanford. I excel in school and I love sports. The details of my current community college and basketball team will not be revealed for obvious reasons. I have played Soccer, Basketball, and football for city leagues and school teams. I'm athletic. But none of this has ever helped me. I know I don't fit the mold for the stereotypical virgin. Thank God I have a passion for exercise because without I don't ow where I would be. Since I don't receive love from girls, I go looking for it in sports and physical activity. Unfortunately I don't have the body to be able to play overseas and I am doing too good in school for me to pursue basketball. The sad thing is I am nearing towards the end of my career. About 4 months ago I tore my ACL in both knees so eventually I have to let basketball go. I don't know what I would do with my time without the court. I would love to spend my time with a girl but I can't imagine being with a girl.

Perhaps I am hideous? I hear girls don't go for looks as much as guys but to what extent does this apply? Iv been called handsome and good looking but I don't believe it. I see girls all the time that I would want to date but It seems too strange to talk to them. Girls have never really liked me. In fact, my whole life, they have hated me. When I was younger they were mean and by the time I got into High School they just ignored me. Girls often told me that they nor anyone liked me. It seems like a foreign concept to me. I see other guys talk to girls but it just doesn't seem like something that happens in my life. I can't see myself flirting with a girl I don't know how to flirt. I know I'm not good looking but I don't deserve to be treated like this.

I desperately want to change. Sometimes when I drink or smoke I cry thinking of the pitiful loneliness that is my life. Can I get some advice of any sort? I grew up in a single parents household without a father, I hear that has something to do with this.

Last edited by Idontevenknowbro; 06-30-2015 at 06:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 06:14 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,972,535 times
Smile and say hi. Her body language and response will tell the rest.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Smile and say hi. Her body language and response will tell the rest.
If it was that easy I don't think I would be in my current position. They seem to dislike me, and eventually hate me.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:51 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
If they actually "hate" you, you're doing something very very wrong.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:51 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,369,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontevenknowbro View Post
If it was that easy I don't think I would be in my current position. They seem to dislike me, and eventually hate me.
If you can approach and hook up with hookers, surely, you can approach other women.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If you can approach and hook up with hookers, surely, you can approach other women.
I don't know I feel like normal people find me weird and I feel like they don't want to talk to me.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:23 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,244,637 times
Most people feel weird about approaching someone new; that's the reality of putting yourself out there. You might get rejected, or you might not. Either way it's a win because you either get a date out of it, or you get some practice and develop thicker skin. The thing with most women is, even if we're not interested we'll still be flattered.
Quote:
I don't know I feel like normal people find me weird and I feel like they don't want to talk to me.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,972,535 times
Quote:
How many women have you said Hi to and they said "I hate you!" ???

Old 06-30-2015, 08:27 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,612,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I agree with that =)

Old 06-30-2015, 08:30 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,403,603 times
Just take the plunge and talk to other people. Don't expect anything, just work on connecting with men or women socially. Flirt with the girls, but don't expect anything. Just get more comfortable. (If you can't say Hi to a girl, you need to start somewhere.)

You play college basketball and have been called handsome by some people, so it's not that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships