Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 12:44 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,743,311 times

Advertisements

It means: "Of course, it's you, Goodbye".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 02:47 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,610,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Frequently it means that the person saying it realizes they have issues and that this relationship is not going to work because of their own personal issues. In other words, they are being honest.

This may seem remarkably implausible to some people, especially those who refuse to take responsibility for their own faults, hangups and shortcomings. But as hard as it may be for those extremely immature people to grasp, there are a lot of people out there that are willing to accept that they may be the source of a problem and admit it as an act of kindness, not only to the person they are breaking up with, but ultimately to themselves as well.

And then there are also people who say this because they want to get out of a relationship fast and do not want to create unnecessary conflict by castigating the person they are breaking up with. In this case, it could be the other person's fault, or it could be that the person saying this is one of those immature people who cannot imagine anything being their own fault, and has just learned to say this as a tactic to get themselves out of a "relationship" quickly.
This is the correct answer.

People who say it when meaning something else are very low class and dishonest.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,855,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Frequently it means that the person saying it realizes they have issues and that this relationship is not going to work because of their own personal issues. In other words, they are being honest.

This may seem remarkably implausible to some people, especially those who refuse to take responsibility for their own faults, hangups and shortcomings. But as hard as it may be for those extremely immature people to grasp, there are a lot of people out there that are willing to accept that they may be the source of a problem and admit it as an act of kindness, not only to the person they are breaking up with, but ultimately to themselves as well.

And then there are also people who say this because they want to get out of a relationship fast and do not want to create unnecessary conflict by castigating the person they are breaking up with. In this case, it could be the other person's fault, or it could be that the person saying this is one of those immature people who cannot imagine anything being their own fault, and has just learned to say this as a tactic to get themselves out of a "relationship" quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
This is the correct answer.

People who say it when meaning something else are very low class and dishonest.
Yep. I repped Spartacus for his post. His is the most thoughtful of the thread.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:15 AM

720 posts, read 501,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Once in a blue moon I'll tell a guy what was really wrong with him but in those cases his behavior is pretty extreme. Like the time a guy called me 11 times during my work day and yelled at me for not answering the phone (the day after we met).
You and that damn phone

I don't think it's always an insincere line. I think the older you get the more you're able to see others for who they are, and to see yourself for who you are. I think this line is probably very prevalent in the 26-34 age range because some people want to settle down and start a family and others want to still play the field. There's nothing wrong with wanting to date and keep things light, and there's definitely nothing wrong with wanting to settle down, either. But if you realize that you're with someone who doesn't want what you want out of life, it really is you and not them. The end result winds up being the same, so I would say you shouldn't dwell on it too much either way, but just to give some context.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:17 AM

432 posts, read 362,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
this one causes a lot of confusion
anyone ever received this phrase?
In dating is it really truly them or is it truly you to blame for the relationship not working out?
"Sorry it's not you it's me..."

=

"Your actions are turning me off so I'm going to blame it on myself for not being attracted to you in order to make you feel better even though I'm rejecting you."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships