Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 02:41 PM

785 posts, read 953,703 times

Advertisements

...to short texting?

I don't get it. I approached these two women at a social event / fundraiser this weekend. My friend got them to go to a gay club with us to meet some of our friends. We actually had a blast.

The girl I was into was actually very shy and reserved upon meeting her, but I spent a bit of time talking to her and she opened up to me. She went from not talking as much and not dancing to dancing, playfully touching me (pushing me to do something, making jokes, etc and laughing more.

I walked her to her car but her friend wanted to go eat. She offered to drive us to the place to eat so I was OK. I spent time talking to her outside alone and we talked a bit and seemed to connect.

It got a bit weird about 30 min into eating because another guy invited her to go to this bar but he was extremely forward. She had no interest in him other than a friend. I kinda zoned out of the conversation and she briefly apologized for it all.

I texted her later that I had a great time and we should spend some time together going hiking. She said 'Sounds good. Goodnight'. I know she was very tired so I get that it was a bit short.

I texted her this afternoon about her trip today to New Orleans and told her that her mom and her should hit up Cafe Du Monde. She replies "Will do".

It is utterly confusing that I thought we made a connection or at least there was some level of interest to very brief messages. Some girls are naturally introverted and that's her. I've had some girls that showed me minimum interest that I didn't know were into me until the last minute. Her friend seemed to really like me but I think I made the right choice in going after the girl I was more attracted to.

What are your thoughts on this guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 02:43 PM

Also BTW both of us are 31 and 30 respectively so it's not like we are young so any sort of game playing should be out the window at this age

Old 07-19-2015, 03:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
I don't see anything wrong with her texts.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with her texts.
Nothing is wrong with them but I guess I like gauging interest and it seems weird that she went from being more engaging conversation than to be very short with me.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Nothing is wrong with them but I guess I like gauging interest and it seems weird that she went from being more engaging conversation than to be very short with me.
Like I said, I don't see anything wrong with her texts. If you want to gauge her interest, why not just ask her out?

Old 07-19-2015, 03:10 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,475,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
...to short texting?

I don't get it. I approached these two women at a social event / fundraiser this weekend. My friend got them to go to a gay club with us to meet some of our friends. We actually had a blast.

The girl I was into was actually very shy and reserved upon meeting her, but I spent a bit of time talking to her and she opened up to me. She went from not talking as much and not dancing to dancing, playfully touching me (pushing me to do something, making jokes, etc and laughing more.

I walked her to her car but her friend wanted to go eat. She offered to drive us to the place to eat so I was OK. I spent time talking to her outside alone and we talked a bit and seemed to connect.

It got a bit weird about 30 min into eating because another guy invited her to go to this bar but he was extremely forward. She had no interest in him other than a friend. I kinda zoned out of the conversation and she briefly apologized for it all.

I texted her later that I had a great time and we should spend some time together going hiking. She said 'Sounds good. Goodnight'. I know she was very tired so I get that it was a bit short.

I texted her this afternoon about her trip today to New Orleans and told her that her mom and her should hit up Cafe Du Monde. She replies "Will do".

It is utterly confusing that I thought we made a connection or at least there was some level of interest to very brief messages. Some girls are naturally introverted and that's her. I've had some girls that showed me minimum interest that I didn't know were into me until the last minute. Her friend seemed to really like me but I think I made the right choice in going after the girl I was more attracted to.

What are your thoughts on this guys?
This is the problem with texting.........cold at times, too brief, disconnect, LIT

One woman I am dating is like this at times so when we need clarity we talk on the phone or we text and I get extra emojis

Old 07-19-2015, 03:12 PM

2,378 posts, read 2,707,802 times
My thought is:

If you don't want short replies, then DON'T TEXT.

Next time, telephone.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
This is the problem with texting.........cold at times, too brief, disconnect, LIT

One woman I am dating is like this at times so when we need clarity we talk on the phone or we text and I get extra emojis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
My thought is:

Next time, telephone.
Yeah - I don't understand why people attempt to have serious or long conversations through texting. You don't get inflection, mood, and just general feelings through texts.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post

I do with some women tend to exaggerate my emotions with emojis, exclamation marks, etc to be more expressive.

Texts can be flat and of course you can take them at your leisure. I didn't call her because texting is somewhat passive and I assume she was busy with whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
My thought is:

Next time, telephone.
It's 2015 people don't phone haha. Actually I had an ex gf that got mad at me when I texted but didn't call her even though we used both lines extensively and I saw her quite often.

Nah I will call in a few days.

Quote:
Like I said, I don't see anything wrong with her texts. If you want to gauge her interest, why not just ask her out?
Noted.

Quote:
Yeah - I don't understand why people attempt to have serious or long conversations through texting. You don't get inflection, mood, and just general feelings through texts.
I get it. I am a very communicative person so I guess that is something I need in my personality and words help me gauge interest. I have to accept some people aren't all about it as much as I am and that's OK.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:21 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,475,281 times
What I have found myself doing........and with her back to me.........is almost compensating for the cold, short texting with 3 !!! and 3 emojis it's gets silly and cute at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships