Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:01 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMatt View Post
I know, I know you all are going to say "Are you crazy what does it matter what her other qualities are she's a borderline kleptomaniac!" but I don't think it's that simple. .
You are right... it isn't that simple. If you care for her, try to get her to admit and accept the problem. It is easier said than done. However it will lead into discussions to get her some professional help. No doubt, it will be an issue in the long term. If you two take the relationship further, it will progressively be difficult to "live with".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 06:07 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Me and my friends used to steal a lot. I stole up until I was 22 then I grew up. One of my friends didnt stop and got caught. It was on her record and it hurt her when she went to get jobs.

In any case im doubtful this thread is real.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:16 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
Were talking about a 28 yr old woman who has no ethic or value system, but she only steals from others just not you. She sounds like a kleptomaniac and they usually end up caught at some point in time. If you want to sit on pins and needles waiting for that phone call then that's your choice but it might come at an inconvenient time and cost you money. She actually needs therapy to determine why she is doing this . Hopefully there's nothing else she's doing that you don't know yet. Sure wouldn't put a ring on it as your buying trouble for yourself. Am also finding it hard believing either one of you is 28.

Last edited by luv my dayton; 07-26-2015 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 07-26-2015, 06:18 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Me and my friends used to steal a lot. I stole up until I was 22 then I grew up. One of my friends didnt stop and got caught. It was on her record and it hurt her when she went to get jobs.

In any case im doubtful this thread is real.
Me either

Old 07-26-2015, 06:37 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
Am leery of the entire story now as you are an adult who is trying to defend her behavior.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:26 AM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua;40570895[B
]This is actually probably an addiction. She most likely gets a high (adrenalin rush) out of stealing.[/b] Perhaps it started because of her unfortunate childhood, who knows. But at this stage, it sounds like an addition. (Note: I am a random person on the internet, just my thoughts)

In any case, it sounds like she needs some serious therapy. Whether she wants help and you want to stick with her through it, is another story.
Yes. The incident where she offered to pay for their restaurant meal, then ran out, was indicative of this. She likes to see what she can get away with, how far she can push the envelope. It's turned into a sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships