Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 10:54 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,880,453 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else ever experienced a joy in understanding that the way you behaved in the past, a way that was frowned upon by "proper" behaving folks, turned out to be something you have felt proud of later?

I am referring to acting in a somewhat immature manner in a relationship. In the past episode, at the time I felt like I was rebelling against everything I had learned was true and proper. Even against "God".

But in fact I realize now that I was following my own heart. And that is always the best thing to do. (Within reason of course). But I honestly think that following your heart in relationships is the best choice. Even if you crash and burn, at least it happens sooner than later, and, sometimes that might even be the best outcome for certain people. The other "mature" people were following a lie, I now believe. They were not really following the truth.

Do you agree or disagree with this idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 12:02 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,913,129 times
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. . . .

I had to lose myself in order to find myself.

The pain and betrayal was the fire that forged the steel that became my soul. . . .

And the evolution of the Skydive Outlaw began.

I grew to eventually be grateful for that experience.

Although on some level, I now journey in this world. . . . . half a life, without her.

She was my drug of choice and a touch of evil. . . . . .my dark angel. Just as wounded and scarred as I was and somehow on those long nights, without words being spoken as two bodies and what was left of our souls merged the only way we could and for a moment in time, I felt that her touch could heal.

Wrong I was, and in the end it was the pain and betrayal that forced me to become the man I was always meant to be. Although as I said, destined to walk through this world. . . .half a life without her.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:19 AM

52,307 posts, read 52,756,330 times
Garth Brooks has a song that sort of addresses what you're saying, "Thank God for unanswered prayers."

Meaning something you might desperately want and not get might turn out to be the better place.

Yeah, even an Ozzy fan can relate to something in a country song... LOL....

Old 08-22-2015, 07:11 AM

Thanks for sharing, outlaw.

Garth Brooks? Lol. I think he might tend to fall into her side's way of thinking, possibly. They believe in something that I know is wrong. They have all crossed a line into madness that I am glad I avoided.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Has anyone else ever experienced a joy in understanding that the way you behaved in the past, a way that was frowned upon by "proper" behaving folks, turned out to be something you have felt proud of later?

I am referring to acting in a somewhat immature manner in a relationship. In the past episode, at the time I felt like I was rebelling against everything I had learned was true and proper. Even against "God".

But in fact I realize now that I was following my own heart. And that is always the best thing to do. (Within reason of course). But I honestly think that following your heart in relationships is the best choice. Even if you crash and burn, at least it happens sooner than later, and, sometimes that might even be the best outcome for certain people. The other "mature" people were following a lie, I now believe. They were not really following the truth.

This is really way too vague for me to agree or disagree.

I could very well agree with the theory, but of course it really depends on the definition of "following your heart."

Old 08-22-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This is really way too vague for me to agree or disagree.

I could very well agree with the theory, but of course it really depends on the definition of "following your heart."
I would define it as going against what her church believed was the acceptable form of behavior. I will never follow such a sick man-made institution, even to the point of rebelling against some of the things it values.

Old 08-22-2015, 09:18 AM

708 posts, read 824,499 times
Quote:

The first thing that came to mind when reading your post was rationalization. It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that what ever you did in the past was ok or didn't matter but somewhere you know it's the opposite. I think instead of rationalizing, we need to own our behavior, accept full responsibility for our actions and be true to ourselves.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:06 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
Sounds like immaturity is still a problem for you. When you grow up you will (hopefully) be able to accept that people have different beliefs and you don't have to rebel against them. Just be your own person and let them do the same.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:37 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,643,450 times
When I get the drift I may be able to agree or disagree

Old 08-22-2015, 11:49 AM

19,732 posts, read 20,276,616 times
Quote:
I would define it as going against what her church believed was the acceptable form of behavior. I will never follow such a sick man-made institution, even to the point of rebelling against some of the things it values.
Amen to that brotha! Those fools will be left high & dry in their own ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships