Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:19 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times

Advertisements

I am the only person in my extended family who is not married. They stopped pestering me about it when I reached my late 20s. Has been smooth sailing ever since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 04:19 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Get off social media and find people who are similar to you. I got off of Facebook and IG because I got tired of the BS I saw on there. I pretty much stopped talking to a lot of people because we naturally drifted apart.

My views are similar to yours. Lots of people tend to follow this basic "American Dream" type fad...which is fine. I don't have a problem with people who want that type of life, me personally I think there is more to life then growing up and starting a family. I've always been single and it will probably be that way for a LONG time. It used to bother me, but only because I was around those who weren't like me, and it was influencing my thoughts.

My self esteem is not the best either and I doubt a guy will help with that. I rather fix my issues on my own before I think about involving another person in my life. I get crap from my family about being single too. They say it's "not healthy" and ask if I am a lesbian. My older brother jokingly asked if I was because I wasn't interested in a male friend of mine that shares my hobbies. I don't get the obsession with some people either, but if that's what they want, fine by me.

I agree with Ruth...live the way you want. It's only way to happiness.
That is annoying. Just because someone isn't interested in dating or being in a relationship doesn't make you gay or a lesbian. It's like some can't comprehend someone wanting to be single by choice.

Very obtuse way of thinking.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:27 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
And even if you tell them you are gay they don't believe you.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:36 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
My oldest daughter has the mindset of always having to have someone. It has cost her dearly with three unsuccessful marriages and all had major red flags screaming at her. More recently she was in a 4 yr relationship and she just wasn't going to leave a great relationship alone. Trying to make him feel guilty,asking questions like do you think of me when were not together do you ever miss me and other immature questions that a 14 year old would ask. She's 52 yes old for crying out loud. Told her to knock it off it may turn him off. Well, he got down sick for several weeks and when he called her it was to not see her any more. She was devastated. Coming off so needy can scare people off. He had told her from the get go he wouldn't remarry again. Anyway she jumped on the dating websites and now in search of the next man. I don't bother to ask her anything about any of them. She seems to think knowing someone for a month is a promising picture. Some people just never learn and she's one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships